Highlighted
Nov 03 2011
By: Grimm Lombax Warrior 202 posts

Grimm's Sodium Scoring Tips...

41 replies 369 views Edited Nov 3, 2011

Hello, I hope you all are having as much fun with Salt Shooter as I am.  I have been approached many many times by players wondering how I score so high.  So I decided to share with you all a few things....

There are 2 score multipliers in the game, YES 2.

The 1st is the accuracy % bonus.  90% or higher receiving the Maximum bonus of x3, this is 3 times all points earned in the wave.

The 2nd is a KILL STREAK multiplier.  When you are able to kill enemy after enemy quickly this is awarded.  Look for a red x2 or x3 on the points awarded for each kill in the lower right hand corner of the screen.  Some enemies killed allow for more time to keep the streak going, some less. If you miss too much in between kills the streak stops.  So a streak goes like this,  __(x1), x2, x3, x3, x3... As long as streak continues.

examples...

10 point enemy killed at xx streak and  xx 90%+ accuracy on wave ='s 90 pts. again....

10pts @ x3, x3    = 90pts

100pts @ x3, x3   = 900pts

1000pts @ x3, x3  = 9000pts    and so on.

Tips:

Kill the weak ones first to save the higher multiplier for the higher point enemies.

Boss's, be sure to prep them to die. Then use weaker spawners when available to create a X3 streak for Boss kill.

**( "big Tip" below no longer works as of the 3/11 Shift)**

Big Tip:  **Many of you have probably done this without noticing**

When the level starts if you kill an enemy fast enough you will be awarded a x2 kill streak multiplier for the 1st kill. Therefore the streak could go  X2, x3, x3, x3....

Beyound that its all about Tactics, Technique, Patience, and Skills.  I hope this helps!  Good luck to you all!

See you around the Hub,   Grimm

Message Edited by Grimm on 02-01-2010 05:15 PM
Message 42 of 42 (369 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5128 posts

Re: Grimm's Scoring Tips...

Feb 3, 2010
Message 1 of 42 (369 Views)
Lombax Warrior
202 posts

Feb 3, 2010
Message 2 of 42 (369 Views)
Lombax Warrior
162 posts

Feb 3, 2010
Thanks for the tips, Grimm. And for supporting the Sodium community. ^_^

What FF Character are you?
Message 3 of 42 (369 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1071 posts

Feb 3, 2010

Grimm wrote: Big Tip:  **Many of you have probably done this without noticing**

When the level starts if you kill an enemy fast enough you will be awarded a x2 kill streak multiplier for the 1st kill. Therefore the streak could go  X2, x3, x3, x3....

Hey Grimm- thanks much for pointing this one out- I thought I had played some of the lower levels optimally but now I see that wasn't the case.  I was struggling to understand how you beat some of those score so I really appreciate your info.  

Message 4 of 42 (369 Views)
Lombax Warrior
202 posts

Feb 4, 2010
My pleasure guy! NNow dont beat up my scores too bad. ...and have fun!!
Message 5 of 42 (369 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
299 posts

Feb 4, 2010

I may not have top scores but I'd like to add a few tips if possible.

I'm sure like Grimm has noticed each wave tends to have a preset location on spawn either in the beginning and on 2nd and 3rd waves.  Unfortunately I don't have a lot of time to create a guide on this but please note that spawn points are usually predetermined.   Some spawn very closeby to you and some spawn at a preset distance.  Others tend to spawn right behind you when they're blasting down from the sky. 

I have also cheated a little bit with some of the rail guns as they tend to have the capabilities of penetrating the tower's armor letting you knock them down (but this doesn't work on mobile bosses too well)

Message 6 of 42 (369 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
53 posts

Feb 12, 2010
Thanks for all the great tips,  Grimm! It was great to meet you in sodium!
Message 7 of 42 (369 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation Community Manager (Retired)
2875 posts

Feb 17, 2010

Grimm wrote:

Hello, I hope you all are having as much fun with Salt Shooter as I am.  I have been approached many many times by players wondering how I score so high.  So I decided to share with you all a few things....

There are 2 score multipliers in the game, YES 2.

The 1st is the accuracy % bonus.  90% or higher receiving the Maximum bonus of x3, this is 3 times all points earned in the wave.

The 2nd is a KILL STREAK multiplier.  When you are able to kill enemy after enemy quickly this is awarded.  Look for a red x2 or x3 on the points awarded for each kill in the lower right hand corner of the screen.  Some enemies killed allow for more time to keep the streak going, some less. If you miss too much in between kills the streak stops.  So a streak goes like this,  __(x1), x2, x3, x3, x3... As long as streak continues.

examples...

10 point enemy killed at xx streak and  xx 90%+ accuracy on wave ='s 90 pts. again....

10pts @ x3, x3    = 90pts

100pts @ x3, x3   = 900pts

1000pts @ x3, x3  = 9000pts    and so on.

Tips:

Kill the weak ones first to save the higher multiplier for the higher point enemies.

Boss's, be sure to prep them to die. Then use weaker spawners when available to create a X3 streak for Boss kill.

Big Tip:  **Many of you have probably done this without noticing**

Beyound that its all about Tactics, Technique, Patience, and Skills.  I hope this helps!  Good luck to you all!

See you around the Hub,   Grimm

Message Edited by Grimm on 02-01-2010 05:15 PM

Nice work Grimm... KUDOS!

Message 8 of 42 (369 Views)
Lombax Warrior
202 posts

Feb 18, 2010
Message 9 of 42 (369 Views)
0 Likes