Uncharted Territory
1649 posts

Re: Granzella's Edo of Nippon: Mission 1 Tips

Apr 14, 2012

J_Meyers78 wrote:

Thanks to all for the tips.

I have not bought any of the upgrades and I can not beat any of the creatures.

I will be trying some of your tips this weekend after I buy some upgrades.

Wish me good luck.

Two questions:

1. Do the monsters respawn ???... I am guessing not.

2. After Mission 1 is beat does Mission 2 unlock or is that to be unlocked with a future update ???...

Thanks in advance.

1. No but when you clear the objective, the exit will be swarming with monsters.

2. No. We won't get mission 2 till much much later.

Message 61 of 137 (173 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5310 posts

Apr 14, 2012

Here's a question. I thought you only got to keep reward items if you cleared the level. When I logged in tonight, I had the molded sushi waiting for me. I remember picking it up, but I also remember getting my posterior handed to me in that round, because I lingered too long attacking the cyclops.

So do we get to keep items but not currency?

Follow me on Twitter:
twitter.com/hearitwow

Watch past episodes:
HomeCast at HomeStation Magazine

Message 62 of 137 (173 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1649 posts

Apr 14, 2012

faga4567 wrote:

If you go by the weapons that is sold in Japan currently, the order of usefulness in my opinion goes with

Naginata > Ninja > Sardine seller > Sword

The Naginata and Ninja stuff aren't sold yet in other regions yet.

Naginata:

attack 34 with water attribute

greatest reach of all the weapons

attack motion for above air

charge attack that can go up to x5 damage

3 attack combo

Ninja:

attack 21 with water attribute

faster attack speed than sword

minimum reach

can move faster and jump higher

several special attacks if you meet the requirements

4 attack combo

Sardine seller:

medium reach

3 attack combo

Sword:

attack range from 5 to 68 with different kinds of attribute depending on the weapon

medium reach

2 attack combo

Not sure about that. Enemies can have elemental resistances. A weapon having an element is a more of a negative than a positive. I hear the 3900 ryo sword is really good.

Message 63 of 137 (173 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1649 posts

Apr 14, 2012

faga4567 wrote:

I edited my post to included the "fun to play around" factor also

If you want to say the strongest, then the trade in sword of 3900 ryo that has the attack 68 is the strongest. But it also has a HP drain that takes away you HP with time, so your pretty much is rushing your way to clear the stage. It's suitable if your only going after the 1 or 2 boss, but if the requirement for any future stages becomes multiple enemies, then it probably be the worst weapon to hold.

Having the $1 healing item mitigates its weakness and having the Edo space completely eliminates it.

Does anyone have a video demostrating the sword? I'm curious how slow the health drain is.

Message 64 of 137 (173 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
140 posts

Apr 14, 2012

Hey Elway thanks for the info on the pole. I'll probably get it to have 1 of every weapon And thanks faga for the info on the upcoming weapons. Gives me a better ideaon how to spend my money as Edo updates.

There is a way to get a 3 hit combo with the sword. The regular combo is essentially Square + Square to get a downward chop followed by an upward chop. During the upwardchop animation, if you press left or right arrow + Square it will chain into the spinning slash.  I usually hit the the cyclops once with the 3 hit combo then go into the dashing stab about 4 - 6 times depending on how quick i got in to attack.

I also have found that the block/sidestep is pretty handy for the minor enemies. Whenever I mistime an attack by the imp or the umbrellas I'll try to sidestep and if they attack it turns into a block

If having the Edo space affects an item, like the best sword as well as offer healing... that just convinced me to get it. LunarEmerald do you know if the Rowhouses are the only space linked to Edo that will come out?

http://www.yourgamercards.net/profile/megalo77
Message 65 of 137 (173 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
391 posts

Apr 14, 2012

I edited my post to included the "fun to play around" factor also

If you want to say the strongest, then the trade in sword of 3900 ryo that has the attack 68 is the strongest. But it also has a HP drain that takes away you HP with time, so your pretty much is rushing your way to clear the stage. It's suitable if your only going after the 1 or 2 boss, but if the requirement for any future stages becomes multiple enemies (something like 10 or eliminating them all), then it probably be the worst weapon to hold (unless you have apartment)

On the elemental resistant part, yes, there is a possibility that it becomes a disadvantage, but so far the ones that have water resistance is the umbrella and the starved ghost. The rest of the monsters either has nothing (water barrel ghost) or water weakness (red ogre, one-eye). This holds true on the next updated monsters in Japan right now also. Perhaps in future they may introduce more water resistant monsters, but until then the ones with water is better overall at this point.

Message 66 of 137 (173 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
391 posts

Apr 14, 2012

doh, you reply before I add some changes to my post

There was a video that I seen before, but I can't find it. I'll post it when I find it.

From what I remember, you have about 5 minutes till you die (without any healing or taken damage from enemies)

Here's a video with the naginata action that someone posted,

(contains spoilers for the next stage update, so don't watch if you don't want to know about it)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7tIndsNsiFc

charge attack of naginata

(contains spoilers for the next stage update, so don't watch if you don't want to know about it)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kPHAgvAnoHs

can't find the video with the cursed sword...

Message 67 of 137 (173 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
421 posts

Apr 14, 2012

I didn't see anyone post a guide for exactly how many hits it takes to defeat each enemy with the Nameless Sword, so here's what I put together:

Umbrella Ghosts - 6 hits

Starving Ghosts - 4 hits

Red Ogre - 32 hits

Barrel Ghost - 12 hits

Cyclops - 56 hits

Lantern Ghosts - 1 hit

*Note - Cyclops take more hits to defeat in Group Battle. I haven't counted how blows it takes yet. Everything else takes the same amount of hits to kill as in single player mode.

I find that the #1 rule to follow on this game is to only attack after an enemy attacks. Float like a butterfly and sting like a bee, so to speak. When dealing with the Red Ogre just wait for him to do his charge attack, move out of the way, then attack him 3-4 times before backing off. Repeat this strategy and after 32 hits using the Nameless Sword he will fall.

I was wondering where people were getting that pole weapon. Interesting how it's actually part of a top instead of a hand item. I have yet to count how many hits it takes to kill each enemy with the basic Shinai and I don't really want to. It seems to take 3 or 4x as many strikes with a Shinai to beat anything. That's pretty ridiculous, especially if you plan to beat both Cyclops. Also, you can change your battle stance in the game by using the training post in the public space. I don't believe stance has any effect on damage, although it would be cool if it did.

Message 68 of 137 (173 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
391 posts

Apr 14, 2012

If you go by the weapons that is sold in Japan currently, the order of usefulness and fun to play around in my opinion goes with

Naginata > Ninja > Sardine seller > Sword

The Naginata and Ninja stuff aren't sold yet in other regions yet.

Naginata: (not yet available in other regions)

greatest reach of all the weapons

has attack motion for above air

charge attack that can go up to x5 damage

3 attack combo

Ninja: (not yet available in other regions)

attack 21 with water attribute

minimum reach

can move faster and jump higher

several special attacks if you meet the requirements

can give critical damage sometimes

4 attack combo

Sardine seller:

medium reach

3 attack combo

Sword: (some not yet available in other regions)

attack range from 5 to 68 with different kinds of attribute depending on the weapon

medium reach

2 attack combo

Message 69 of 137 (173 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
391 posts

Apr 14, 2012

Pretty much it goes by the numbers.

For example the red ogre has 800 HP.

For the nameless sword it has 25 attack, so 800/25 = 32 hit

For the bamboo it has 5 attack, so 800/5 = 160 hit

For the weapons that have elements or can do critical damage or have special attacks may alter the number though.

Message 70 of 137 (173 Views)
0 Likes