Uncharted Territory
1395 posts

Re: Granzella's Edo of Nippon: Mission 1 Tips

Apr 13, 2012

HearItWow wrote:

I highly recommend the personal space, even though it's a bit on the dull side, because it offers unlimited healing during the game, as opposed to the healing item, which can only be used once.

I say dull only because I really wish the training game had been included. It's beautifully designed, and it's nice to be able to get up to the roof, but it's missing that little extra something that would have made it a must-own.

Be warned that the floating souls will start hanging around the entrance to the house with the healing spot after you use it for the first time.

Follow me on Twitter:Watch past episodes:
twitter.com/hearitwowYouTube.com/hearitwow

Have to agree here. I really like the space after I got it somewhat deco'd but it would have been nice to have some type of interactivity. Personally I would have liked the ability to launch group missions from the space.

Message 51 of 137 (111 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1395 posts

Apr 13, 2012

ryiuk666 wrote:

Where is the old woman?

At the same end of the road as the game. You run into her right before the game signs area. Her name is Time Turner Old Woman.

Message 52 of 137 (111 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5310 posts

Apr 13, 2012

I'm a little surprised that it isn't connected to the public space. Maybe I just haven't found the door yet, but I expected to be able to hop from the space straight to Edo.

Launching the game from here would be a huge plus.

Follow me on Twitter:
twitter.com/hearitwow

Watch past episodes:
HomeCast at HomeStation Magazine

Message 53 of 137 (111 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1649 posts

Apr 13, 2012

HearItWow wrote:

I'm a little surprised that it isn't connected to the public space. Maybe I just haven't found the door yet, but I expected to be able to hop from the space straight to Edo.

Launching the game from here would be a huge plus.

Follow me on Twitter:Watch past episodes:
twitter.com/hearitwowYouTube.com/hearitwow

That's why I keep the individual lounge in my favorites so I can quickly hop there.

Message 54 of 137 (111 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
837 posts

Apr 13, 2012

thank you for the tips

Message 55 of 137 (111 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1395 posts

Apr 13, 2012

Well I got all the items from the old woman but had the urge to blow a couple bucks on the Sardine Seller top. Turned out to be a pretty cool item for the game...

For those who didn't know this, when you use the top in game you fight with the balance pole instead of the sword. Not only does it give a different look, it adds a good bit of attack, defense, and attack speed as well as the ability to do 3 hit slash combos with ease.

To give you an example, the umbrellas take 6 hits of whatever kind using just the nameless sword. Using the pole, I can take them down with 2 thrusts and a 3 slash combo. I didn't bother counting the boss hits but they're also significantly less.

Message 56 of 137 (111 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1649 posts

Apr 13, 2012

Cyclops made child's play with the sword

1. Do not attack multiple times if you haven't seen when it last attacked. That's a gamble. It's best to wait for it to attack so you know how much time you have.

2. When it does its gas attack, wait 3 seconds then charge in with a thrust then do 2 combos. When it starts walking, do 5 more thrusts then back away. It's possible to get in a 6th but you'll be cutting it close. Taking advantage that only the first few seconds of the gas can stun you, lets you do a lot of damage.

3. When it does its sweeping attack, wait for the animation to finish (sometimes he'll sweep longer than others) then charge in with a thrust. You can pull off 7 before you need to back off.

You should also apply this strategy to the umbrellas. Do not attack if you haven't seen when they last did. They do a lot of damage for being minor enemies.

Message 57 of 137 (111 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1395 posts

Apr 13, 2012

Doing 12 thrusts after the gas and 10 after the sweep using the sardine seller pole. It is quite a bit faster at attacking than the sword. Anyone who hasn't bought a sword yet and is thinking about it would be smart to get the sardine seller top instead.

It's the same price and it gives you more attack than the sword (35) and adds defense, speed and triple combo ability. I would have never bought the sword had I known this first.

Message 58 of 137 (111 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
530 posts

Apr 13, 2012

Thanks to all for the tips.

I have not bought any of the upgrades and I can not beat any of the creatures.

I will be trying some of your tips this weekend after I buy some upgrades.

Wish me good luck.

Two questions:

1. Do the monsters respawn ???... I am guessing not.

2. After Mission 1 is beat does Mission 2 unlock or is that to be unlocked with a future update ???...

Thanks in advance.

Message 59 of 137 (111 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1395 posts

Apr 14, 2012

They don't respawn and technically you only have to kill the two Cyclops and get to the exit although you get more points for killing the others of course. Once you kill the second Cyclops it does spawn a new wave of enemies around the exit. It could be a pack of either of the three small enemies. You can kill some for more points or just dash for the lighning marked exit.

Unfortunately no unlocking more stages yet.

Message 60 of 137 (111 Views)
0 Likes