Hekseville Citizen
391 posts

Re: Granzella's Edo of Nippon: Mission 1 Tips

Apr 13, 2012

Elway358 wrote:

faga4567 wrote:

Elway358 wrote:

Any idea how to gain Bu? I've beaten the thing tons today and got no Bu. I got 2 Bu somehow yesterday I think on my very first completion but no idea how? Ive tried speed running just the Cyclopses, killing everything, getting glowing chests, etc but nothing is gaining me Bu.

Elway358 Trophy Card

I answered a similar question on this in another forum. Here's what I answered.

It's how they used their currency system back then. 1 ryou = 4 bu. Something similar to dollar and cents (1 dollar = 100 cents).

Japanese mon (currency) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Yeah I figured that much by looking at the current rewards available. They're priced at prices such as 60 Ryo and 0 Bu for example. I get that but how did I get 2 Bu when I couldn't have spent less than a full Ryo on anything thus far?

Elway358 Trophy Card

It's because the enemies gives you certain amount of bu. say 1 enemy gives you 1 ryo 2 bu:

1 enemy: 1 ryo 2 bu

2 enemy: 3 ryo (equivalent to 2 ryo 4 bu)

3 enemy: 4 ryo 2 bu

and so on.

Message 41 of 137 (120 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1393 posts

Apr 13, 2012

faga4567 wrote:

Elway358 wrote:

faga4567 wrote:

Elway358 wrote:

Any idea how to gain Bu? I've beaten the thing tons today and got no Bu. I got 2 Bu somehow yesterday I think on my very first completion but no idea how? Ive tried speed running just the Cyclopses, killing everything, getting glowing chests, etc but nothing is gaining me Bu.

Elway358 Trophy Card

I answered a similar question on this in another forum. Here's what I answered.

It's how they used their currency system back then. 1 ryou = 4 bu. Something similar to dollar and cents (1 dollar = 100 cents).

Japanese mon (currency) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Yeah I figured that much by looking at the current rewards available. They're priced at prices such as 60 Ryo and 0 Bu for example. I get that but how did I get 2 Bu when I couldn't have spent less than a full Ryo on anything thus far?

Elway358 Trophy Card

It's because the enemies gives you certain amount of bu. say 1 enemy gives you 1 ryo 2 bu:

1 enemy: 1 ryo 2 bu

2 enemy: 3 ryo (equivalent to 2 ryo 4 bu)

3 enemy: 4 ryo 2 bu

and so on.

Ahhh. That makes sense, thanks! It does seem very odd however that every single game i've completed I always end up not having even Ryo. I have that 2 bu every single time and have had since yesterday.

Message 42 of 137 (120 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1961 posts

Apr 13, 2012

FalconPunchKill wrote:

I find it comical how Granzella likes to milk the money out of people by releasing game enhancing items one tier at a time, alongside gradually unlocking levels, with at least one required purchase.

Also, there's plenty of time to kill the red ogre and both cyclopes, if anyone wants to try it for fun. The ogre gives 20 Ryo and takes 32 hits with the Nameless Sword.

I know, right? One of the reasons I don't buy the weak Edo weapons and armor. The better stuff usually comes out after several game updates or several months later.

sword-art-online
Message 43 of 137 (120 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3183 posts

Apr 13, 2012

what do souls do? im guessing maybe for weapons or upgrades maybe?

Message 44 of 137 (120 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
140 posts

Apr 13, 2012

I bought the wave 1 clothes and weapon thinking the game would be released soon after. Ah well. Lesson learned.

I am enjoying the game a lot so far though and my buyers remorse isnt stinging me as much now that I can use the stuff to get some rewards.

I do think some of the items might be worth it in the long run. Like the healing item. Being able to use it once every time you play seems like itd be useful.

Looking forward to more updates from Granzella. Hope it doesnt take months.

http://www.yourgamercards.net/profile/megalo77
Message 45 of 137 (120 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5310 posts

Apr 13, 2012

I highly recommend the personal space, even though it's a bit on the dull side, because it offers unlimited healing during the game, as opposed to the healing item, which can only be used once.

I say dull only because I really wish the training game had been included. It's beautifully designed, and it's nice to be able to get up to the roof, but it's missing that little extra something that would have made it a must-own.

Be warned that the floating souls will start hanging around the entrance to the house with the healing spot after you use it for the first time.

Follow me on Twitter:
twitter.com/hearitwow

Watch past episodes:
HomeCast at HomeStation Magazine

Message 46 of 137 (120 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1961 posts

Apr 13, 2012

HearItWow wrote:

I highly recommend the personal space, even though it's a bit on the dull side, because it offers unlimited healing during the game, as opposed to the healing item, which can only be used once.

I say dull only because I really wish the training game had been included. It's beautifully designed, and it's nice to be able to get up to the roof, but it's missing that little extra something that would have made it a must-own.

Be warned that the floating souls will start hanging around the entrance to the house with the healing spot after you use it for the first time.

Follow me on Twitter:Watch past episodes:
twitter.com/hearitwowYouTube.com/hearitwow

How many times can you use it in a single game?

sword-art-online
Message 47 of 137 (120 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3408 posts

Apr 13, 2012

I think 3 times? I used it twice though so I can't be sure.

photo tumblr_ltj7u6nyrU1qetp61o1_500_zpse82365c3.gif
http://auroraterra.deviantart.com/
Message 48 of 137 (120 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5310 posts

Apr 13, 2012

You can use the personal space restore as often as you like, with the disadvantage of having to run back to the row houses to get to it.

You can only use the healing item from the Furniture collection once per game. As a rule, that will get you through Mission 1, as long as you don't wind up taking a cheap shot from the Red Ogre or getting Kong'd by the Cyclops.

Follow me on Twitter:
twitter.com/hearitwow

Watch past episodes:
HomeCast at HomeStation Magazine

Message 49 of 137 (120 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3408 posts

Apr 13, 2012

Really? I used it twice, It must have glitched or something for it to do that.

photo tumblr_ltj7u6nyrU1qetp61o1_500_zpse82365c3.gif
http://auroraterra.deviantart.com/
Message 50 of 137 (120 Views)
0 Likes