Fender Bender
2760 posts

Re: Granzella's Edo of Nippon: Mission 1 Tips

Apr 19, 2012

Excellent-- more rotten food, here I come. I am glad we got this info posted. Many of my friends who have a lot more time than me into the game were also unaware of this rewards setup.

Posted Image

Message 91 of 137 (303 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
145 posts

Apr 19, 2012

I think I play this game again onces they have all sword we can buy for NA home

Message 92 of 137 (303 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
530 posts

Apr 20, 2012

There are a total of 4 random boxes with rewards. Only one lights up per round. All 4 rewards are just the rotted version we receive from the vendors.

The 4 locations for the boxes are;

1.in the back left corner of the row of apartments (as you are facing towards the wall)

2.near the spawn point of Edo also one of the three random exits of the game itself

3.past the lost souls where the vendors are in the space under a structure

4.upstairs of the bath house

I did not know of this until a friend showed me.

In Edo on the left side (as you are facing when you spawn in Edo originaly) and just before the starting locations of the missions is a doorway covered by a blue towel you can walk through. While in this area your avatar is dressed in a towel and can access a hot tub area by going under a wall. There is also an upstairs where one of the boxes will be located in the game.

I hope this information helps.

Have fun destroying the monsters of Edo.

Message 93 of 137 (303 Views)
Uncharted Territory
871 posts

Apr 20, 2012

So I've been playing the Individual Battle and see that I earn Ryo whenever I defeat an enemy but when the game ends I end up with 0 Ryo. I assumed it was because I was killed, but last night I managed to survive to the end but didn't complete the mission (I only have the bamboo sword). Still 0 Ryo.

Do I need to complete the mission in order to keep what I've earned? I've done some near impossible things in Home before but based on what I've read in this thread, using just the bamboo sword just might be too difficult.

"...All life is transitory, a dream. We all come together in the same place, at the end of time. If I don't see you again here, I will see you, in a little while, in a place where no shadows fall." -Delenn, Babylon 5

Home-Brainiac-Winner-Ren_Echo.gif

Message 94 of 137 (303 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1649 posts

Apr 20, 2012

Ren_Echo wrote:

So I've been playing the Individual Battle and see that I earn Ryo whenever I defeat an enemy but when the game ends I end up with 0 Ryo. I assumed it was because I was killed, but last night I managed to survive to the end but didn't complete the mission (I only have the bamboo sword). Still 0 Ryo.

Do I need to complete the mission in order to keep what I've earned? I've done some near impossible things in Home before but based on what I've read in this thread, using just the bamboo sword just might be too difficult.

You have to complete the mission.

Message 95 of 137 (303 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
275 posts

Apr 20, 2012

as far as I know it appears you have to kill the two large fellas and make it to the exit in order to collect any Ryu.

this means those of us with bamboo will have to team up with someone who enjoys killing them while we take out the little fellas in the group game.

unless someone tells us the exit opens anyway for those who make it the full time span of the game.

edit: ninja'd by a better answer.

Message 96 of 137 (303 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
530 posts

Apr 20, 2012

Jack_Fraust wrote:

as far as I know it appears you have to kill the two large fellas and make it to the exit in order to collect any Ryu.

this means those of us with bamboo will have to team up with someone who enjoys killing them while we take out the little fellas in the group game.

unless someone tells us the exit opens anyway for those who make it the full time span of the game.

edit: ninja'd by a better answer.

I am not 100% sure but if the 20 minute time limit expires I am 99.999% sure you lose. The mission is to destroy the one eyed monsters not survive until the time limit runs out. I do know from experience that as soon as the last one eyed monster falls you have less than 200 seconds to make it to the exit. The exit will have more monsters protecting it that can be easily avoided.

I hope this answers your question.

Message 97 of 137 (303 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
871 posts

Apr 20, 2012

Yeah, that's what I figured.I was using the Individual Battle for pratice before getting involved with Group Battles and was hoping to earn some Ryo while doing so. Oh well, looks like I'll be switching to Group Battle.

The upgraded sword is on my shopping list but I need to purchase Diesel store items first before they are taken down next week. 

"...All life is transitory, a dream. We all come together in the same place, at the end of time. If I don't see you again here, I will see you, in a little while, in a place where no shadows fall." -Delenn, Babylon 5

Home-Brainiac-Winner-Ren_Echo.gif

Message 98 of 137 (303 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2760 posts

Apr 20, 2012

J_Meyers78 wrote:

There are a total of 4 random boxes with rewards. Only one lights up per round. All 4 rewards are just the rotted version we receive from the vendors.

The 4 locations for the boxes are;

1.in the back left corner of the row of apartments (as you are facing towards the wall)

2.near the spawn point of Edo also one of the three random exits of the game itself

3.past the lost souls where the vendors are in the space under a structure

4.upstairs of the bath house

I did not know of this until a friend showed me.

In Edo on the left side (as you are facing when you spawn in Edo originaly) and just before the starting locations of the missions is a doorway covered by a blue towel you can walk through. While in this area your avatar is dressed in a towel and can access a hot tub area by going under a wall. There is also an upstairs where one of the boxes will be located in the game.

I hope this information helps.

Have fun destroying the monsters of Edo.

I always suspected there were 4 boxes instead of 3. Several times when I would look at the 3 boxes I knew about, no active box could be found. I would never have even thought that the bath house would be accessable in game. That info is a small pearl.

Posted Image

Message 99 of 137 (303 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5310 posts

Apr 20, 2012

I strongly recommend the Sardine Seller top over the sword that's currently available. It's faster than the sword, and it's much easier to rack up combos with it.

For this mission, at least, it's much easier to take down the enemies with the staff, especially the Cyclops. I've cut the time needed to get through the mission in half with it.

The downside is that you take a big hit to Defense, since the top really doesn't have any. I've got it mixed with Samurai boots and leggings, and that's keeping me safe from one-hit kills.

This outfit also triggers custom walking and running animations in the Great Edo space, which is a cool bonus.

Follow me on Twitter:
twitter.com/hearitwow

Watch past episodes:
HomeCast at HomeStation Magazine

Message 100 of 137 (303 Views)
0 Likes