Apr 11 2012
By: FalconPunchKill Lombax Warrior 79 posts

Granzella's Edo of Nippon: Mission 1 Tips

136 replies 3416 views Edited Apr 11, 2012

In order to have any chance of beating the mission, you'll need to purchase an upgraded sword. The bamboo sword is much too weak to allow you a victory in time. Acquiring some clothing with defense isn't a bad idea either, but not necessary. As long as you follow some simple strategies for attacking enemies, you'll be able to kill them without taking critical damage. The strategy for each enemy is listed as follows:

Umbrella demons:

Just wait for these to jump up and spin around and attack them after. You do not have to be next to them for them to do their jump and spin attack.

Black fire demons:

Try not to get too close to these when you've got other enemies to worry about, because they'll keep following you once they see you. To get rid of them, first run right up next to them and then away immediately after you trigger their attack. They will spin around while clawing the air; attack them with a lunge while their back is turned to you, run out of their range, and repeat the process. You may also safely attack them a few times if their back is turned to you and they don't notice you.

Lantern demons:

These demons are disguised as lanterns, hanging amidst the regular ones on the sides of the structures, and spit small red fireballs at you. To avoid their fireballs, just move away from the spot you were in when they were fired at you. These demons should all be killed to make your time much easier. They can be spotted by their eyeballs and mouths and killed with one hit. Jump up to hit them.

Green fireballs:

Avoid these. They are slow and shouldn't get in your way too much.

Green cyclopes:

There are two of these and both must be killed to complete the mission. Attack them immediately after they attack with their spears or after the green smoke disappears. Six attacks work well, then move out of their range and wait for them to attack again. They do a lot of damage, so it's best to avoid all of their attacks.

Red ogre:

Lure it away by making it charge, and don't try to kill it. You only have to kill the two green cyclopes and then escape in order to beat the mission.

Hopefully these tips will help you. Please post any other tips you may have.

Lion Signature
Message 1 of 137 (3,416 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1649 posts

Re: Granzella's Edo of Nippon: Mission 1 Tips

Apr 11, 2012

I find it better to get the red ogre to walk towards you so you can put him directly in the arch. That way he'll never move out on his own. With charging, he will likely still be able to return. He's really not worth the effort or risk to kill.

By my calculations, it'd take a whopping 285 hits wih bamboo sword to kill a cyclops. That's impossible to do in the 20 minutes you're given; With nameless, you're going to be in the last 5 when you finish both. Don't even try to play seriously with bamboo.

Message 2 of 137 (3,416 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
79 posts

Apr 11, 2012

Yes, that also works. If you have it do its charge attack, it's best to wait until the end. You can sometimes just walk around it at the end without it bothering you at all.

Lion Signature
Message 3 of 137 (3,416 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
314 posts

Apr 11, 2012

and if you have the Edo row houses personal space you can use the same location in the minigame to heal yourself

Message 4 of 137 (3,416 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2693 posts

Apr 11, 2012

That ogre is a JERK. Trying to kill the cyclops out in the middle of the main road is next to impossible when the ogre is ramming you from behind. And he refused to go into any of the alleys or anything and leave me alone. Its annoying, because I had that second cyclops close to dead, too...

EDIT: Also, if you have a buck to spare, get the recovery medicine. Seriously. If you don't have to deal with the ogre acting like Nemesis, its EXTREMELY useful, as its a free full heal, once every time you play the game.

A very (very) basic LBP level... by me. http://lbp.me/v/pj9eqq
(PS: Blank Friend Requests WILL be deleted!)
Message 5 of 137 (3,416 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
165 posts

Apr 11, 2012

Oh ok I get really mission 1

Message 6 of 137 (3,416 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1961 posts

Apr 11, 2012

Right now, you have two problems, the American Granzella weapons are useless and the free healing spots only work for edo apartment owners.

sword-art-online
Message 7 of 137 (3,416 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
140 posts

Apr 11, 2012

While I agree that the armor may seem useless at this point (the ogres will 1 shot kill me with their fart attack followed up by king konging me) the nameless sword seems to actually do some damage.

The only reason i say this is because I'm only 3 rewards away from completing the list offered by the old woman.

I'm currently using the nameless sword as well as some wave 1 clothing (not the samurai armor).

The biggest tip I can give anyone, one that has managed to get me thus far, is to take your time. You have 20 minutes to kill 2 cyclops. Very doable. I usually complete with around 5 minutes left.

My strategies are as follows:

1. clear out minor enemies in the starting point of the game. Sometimes the cyclops wnaders in to the starting area. I take a few cheap shots at him until      he leaves the area.

2. Head down the left hand alley from the starting point.

A. clear out minor enemies including the imp in the doorway on the left. He can be annoying when going after           the cyclops.

B. defeat cyclops #1.

3. head down the next left hand alley, making sure to stay out of aggro range of ogre with spiked club.

A. Defeat minor enemies.

B. As Falcon says leave the green Human souls alone.

C. Dont forget to take out the lantern monsters.

D. After clearing out the scrubs wait in this area to take shots at the cyclops. If the cylops moves follow it to the other alley making sure to stay out           of range of big red a-hole. Eventually, while avoiding red butthead, you will defeat the second cyclops.

4. Look for the lightning! it is you way out. A few times I went down the wrong alley and had to backtrack to theright alley to finish the level. I usually           just wait for a moment to just run to the exit. If youre not careful big red punk will spot you and charge!

5. Finished level 1. Collect ryos and bus. Talk to old woman tade in for prizes.

If you die you dont keep any ryos or bus.

Once again take your time. You have 20 minutes. dont rush it.

Hope some of this helped.

See you guys at the group battles!

http://www.yourgamercards.net/profile/megalo77
Message 8 of 137 (3,416 Views)
Fender Bender
3408 posts

Apr 11, 2012

Good thing I know how to complete this now!

photo tumblr_ltj7u6nyrU1qetp61o1_500_zpse82365c3.gif
http://auroraterra.deviantart.com/
Message 9 of 137 (3,416 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
79 posts

Apr 11, 2012

I find it comical how Granzella likes to milk the money out of people by releasing game enhancing items one tier at a time, alongside gradually unlocking levels, with at least one required purchase.

Also, there's plenty of time to kill the red ogre and both cyclopes, if anyone wants to try it for fun. The ogre gives 20 Ryo and takes 32 hits with the Nameless Sword.

Lion Signature
Message 10 of 137 (3,416 Views)
0 Likes