Apr 17 2013
By: ladybug17 I Only Post Everything 735 posts

Granzella, please lower your prices!!!

24 replies 460 views Edited Apr 17, 2013

I was super excited to see the new Granzella dresses for today, so happy they were released here. I desperately was hoping the items would be seperates so I could buy more than one and mix and match. What attracted me was the fact the top parts of the dresses could also be used as a tank top, so I was thrilled and ready to buy several. So I logged on to Home, saw them under the new tab, and then prepared myself for the pricing. I thought maybe .99 per piece.

Boy, was I wrong!!!

TRY $1.99 per piece!!! PER PIECE! So a whole dress is $4?!! I was stunned. Well, maybe for about one second.

I know Granzella is expensive, but lately it seemed they were being more lenient with hair being sold seperately and such. The previous bundles of clothing always seemed outrageously high, although it wouldn't be as bad if each item was sold seperately. I would have bought extra pieces from other bundles, honestly. But to finally see things as seperates, with those prices... made me almost wish for bundle pricing on them to save a little money!

I didn't know what to do. I tried all the new pieces on, and loved pretty much all of them. I would have bought them all probably, had they been .99, or like 2.99 dress bundle or something... but sadly I couldn't force myself to buy any. It was just too expensive!!!

PLEASE lower your prices, guys!!! You'd sell more if they were all less because people would buy more than one!!!

AND GRANZELLA STUFF IS SOOO CUTE!!! So disappointing!

Message 1 of 25 (460 Views)
Shinra Executive
29271 posts

Re: Granzella, please lower your prices!!!

[ Edited ]
Apr 17, 2013

The separate prices for the dresses are very high. Those are the prices we had prior to getting used to the bundles. I think I may pass on these personally. I love the content but spending 5 dollars with shoes and more with hair for an outfit is pretty high and I usually buy one of each outfit for each of my avatars, Joanna and Claire.

Message 2 of 25 (454 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6228 posts

Apr 17, 2013

I'm glad you brought this up...

Basically its like $6.49 for one entire outfit - shoes, skirt, blouse, hair...

I probably would've bought one entire outfit if they had brought over the City that goes with it, that has the shops, I forget the name...

But since Granzella didn't - I didn't buy one,,, I protested with my pocket book.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 3 of 25 (444 Views)
Uncharted Territory
982 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 17, 2013

I think all Home Devs should slow down on the price gouging. I know it takes a little extra time & whatnot to make the items we get today compared to the items we were getting when Home opened. But let's be honest there's no way a "torso" piece that use to cost us .49 cents should be hiked up to the prices we are being charged today. I can see LMO's & active items having a sort of premium price tag for obvious reasons, but even some of those are getting too high. Only way to stop it is to use our wallets (or not use), but sadly there are too many ppl on Home that regardless of price just want the newest thing for that to option to work. Now that some of the actual Home users have been getting hired by Devs lately hopefully they will not forget how they felt every time something was way overly priced & stick up for the ones that actually support Home.  

Message 4 of 25 (434 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
389 posts

Apr 17, 2013

Right after I said i'm not one to complain I see this thread and the prices of the items haha , I agree these devs are getting out of hand with the pricing of items and it seems to be getting worse at a quicker pace from what i've noticed.

I started doing something 3/4 weeks ago which has helped my inventory as well as my pocket book.

I will see something and want it ,then i wait a week while watching others have ,wear or use said item and in every case so far the item became old or became something I thought i would only put into storage.

During this time I have only made one purchase which was an older item that I needed for a video I was doing and was 1.99 ,I also made sure to come up with some ideas to use this item more than once so i did'nt feel like I wasted money again on home, with these prices I am trying my best to make sure I will get my money's worth due to all the purchases i've made over the years only for them to become old within a week or 2.  Now with these type prices I will be even more cautious as to what I purchase and take even more time to make sure I will get my money's worth before I jump in and purchase the items like I used to do.

Just my 2 cents

Twitter- @ALEXELWAY7

Youtube - ALEXELWAY
Message 5 of 25 (385 Views)
I Only Post Everything
574 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 17, 2013

I saw that too and I think $1.99 is ridiculous. Would have been better if it was $0.99. $2 is waaaaaayyyy too much for a single separate!! Smiley Mad

EDIT: @ LilBlueEyes It's called Neon Downtown by the way.

photo TheRobsSignature_zps7f0db83c.jpg
Thanks to KANE-FIRE for the sig. Smiley Tongue
Message 6 of 25 (378 Views)
Treasure Hunter
3915 posts

Apr 17, 2013
That, and they need to cut it out with the bundles too.
GZ is my favourite dev, but I hate having to buy a full set just to use one item from said set.
Their stuff was pretty pricey back in the IREM days, too. Don't remember if there were as many bundles, though.
Message 7 of 25 (375 Views)
Gaming Beast
1961 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 18, 2013

If they haven't changed their prices in three years, since the release of the Japanese Neon Downtown space, they are not going to change the price anytime soon. The same can be said of the first southern beach swimwear. Yeah, the samurai armor too, I also forgot about it until the bottom poster said something.

sword-art-online
Message 8 of 25 (316 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
269 posts

Apr 18, 2013

cough *samurai armor and weapons* cough  Smiley Happy

Sometimes GZ has good outfit sets for under $3 other times not.

Message 9 of 25 (315 Views)
Treasure Hunter
3752 posts

Apr 18, 2013

Hypnotic_Inertia wrote:

If they haven't changed their prices in three years, since the release of the Japanese Neon Downtown space, they are not going to change the price anytime soon. The same can be said of the first southern beach swimwear. Yeah, the samurai armor too, I also forgot about it until the bottom poster said something.

Inertia you hit the nail on the head.  To us these are new outfits when in fact these are very old outfits that just made it to NA and have been available in the Neon Downtown in JP for like 6 months or so, back then prices were in fact 1.99 a piece for items and that is why the pricing is the same here, so for us to say that they are price gouging as of late would be a very incorrect statement since these prices have been around for some time now.  GZ currently offers better pricing in their new stuff but the old stuff will remain the same price.

Message 10 of 25 (268 Views)