Reply
I Only Post Everything
Registered: 03/03/2009
Offline
1015 posts
 

Re: Granzella Updates ?

Aug 23, 2012

If it is a bug thats delaying it then they should let us know, I mean what the hell is that Twitter page they set up for ?!

Message 11 of 28 (207 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 03/25/2010
Offline
1023 posts
 

Re: Granzella Updates ?

[ Edited ]
Aug 24, 2012

jj_dillon wrote:

I swear its like IREM all over again where Japan & other regions are geting everything and we ain't getting diddly and if its indeed like that then just like IREM they're gonna lose funding & go out of buisness, and if that happens there are gonna be alot of angry people, much like when spaces like Seaside of Memories was taken away.

 

Plus I can't see why can't update ours the same as EU since we speak the SAME FREAKIN LANGUAGE.

 

COME ON GRANZELLA, YOU'VE BEEN DOIN GOOD SO FAR. DON'T SCREW IT UP LIKE YOU DID WITH IREM.



IREM failed because it wasn't a "Home only" developer. It was also a 200+ staffed company producing standalone games parented by a 1500+ staffed corporation that manufactured high-end computer displays. Factors such as, mediocure sales for their standalone games, failed deadlines and cancelation on major named titles, Japan's 20 year recession which hit the parent company hard, all contributed to Irem's restructure. The biggest money making Pachinco division was to be remained and it was a "stay and work on pachinco or leave" decision for the staff. Many still wanted to create games and Home, so they left to make their own company. (The tragic earthquake happened actually after the restructure plans so it wasn't the major cause, but it probably did factor in to speed up the restructure process)

 

Now what we have is a independent 16 staffed small company named Granzella that are working for Home and yet to be released standalone games.

 

There's another company started by former Irem staff called Tozai Games that pretty much took the assets like R-type and Spelunker from Irem. This company doesn't seem to have any interest in Home though.

Message 12 of 28 (192 Views)
Shinra Executive
Registered: 05/22/2009
Offline
29271 posts
 

Re: Granzella Updates ?

Aug 24, 2012

nagon111 wrote:

jj_dillon wrote:

I swear its like IREM all over again where Japan & other regions are geting everything and we ain't getting diddly and if its indeed like that then just like IREM they're gonna lose funding & go out of buisness, and if that happens there are gonna be alot of angry people, much like when spaces like Seaside of Memories was taken away.

 

Plus I can't see why can't update ours the same as EU since we speak the SAME FREAKIN LANGUAGE.

 

COME ON GRANZELLA, YOU'VE BEEN DOIN GOOD SO FAR. DON'T SCREW IT UP LIKE YOU DID WITH IREM.



IREM failed because it wasn't a "Home only" developer. It was also a 200+ staffed company producing standalone games parented by a 1500+ staffed corporation that manufactured high-end computer displays. Factors such as, mediocure sales for their standalone games, failed deadlines and cancelation on major named titles, Japan's 20 year recession which hit the parent company hard, all contributed to Irem's restructure. The biggest money making Pachinco division was to be remained and it was a "stay and work on pachinco or leave" decision for the staff. Many still wanted to create games and Home, so they left to make their own company. (The tragic earthquake happened actually after the restructure plans so it wasn't the major cause, but it probably did factor in to speed up the restructure process)

 

Now what we have is a independent 16 staffed small company named Granzella that are working for Home and yet to be released standalone games.

 

There's another company started by former Irem staff called Tozai Games that pretty much took the assets like R-type and Spelunker from Irem. This company doesn't seem to have any interest in Home though.



They are pretty small aren't they. They certainly are Home focused and they do appear to be committed to worldwide releases. IREM certainly wasn't. 

Message 13 of 28 (171 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 09/26/2010
Offline
80 posts
 

Re: Granzella Updates ?

Aug 24, 2012

Granzella seems to neglect NA we want the city space already =D

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 14 of 28 (166 Views)
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 12/20/2010
Offline
4422 posts
 

Re: Granzella Updates ?

Aug 24, 2012

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:

They are pretty small aren't they. They certainly are Home focused and they do appear to be committed to worldwide releases. IREM certainly wasn't. 


And they call their buisness "A Hobby"! O_O WOW! Some "Hobby" they got there, I bet they are bringing in more than Irem ever did in Home sales in just their first year and a half of sale.

Message 15 of 28 (155 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 02/24/2009
Offline
2693 posts
 

Re: Granzella Updates ?

Aug 24, 2012
The most optimal result I can see, unlikely as it is, is that they find the bug and stamp it out, and then we get LITERALLY. EVERYTHING. Glass said to me on the blog this week that theres a tidal wave of stuff coming, but I don't know when "coming" is. Hopefully sometime soon...


A very (very) basic LBP level... by me. http://lbp.me/v/pj9eqq
(PS: Blank Friend Requests WILL be deleted!)
Message 16 of 28 (148 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 08/14/2011
Offline
3995 posts
 

Re: Granzella Updates ?

[ Edited ]
Aug 24, 2012

WaveLightning777 wrote:
The most optimal result I can see, unlikely as it is, is that they find the bug and stamp it out, and then we get LITERALLY. EVERYTHING. Glass said to me on the blog this week that theres a tidal wave of stuff coming, but I don't know when "coming" is. Hopefully sometime soon...

Rumor has it that September and October will be the biggest and probably the most busiest months for Granzella, but I can't confirm this.

Message 17 of 28 (145 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 08/14/2011
Offline
3995 posts
 

Re: Granzella Updates ?

[ Edited ]
Aug 24, 2012

20120822_SCEE_mintoro.jpg

 

 

 

Scheduled for release in North America in Early September

Message 18 of 28 (136 Views)
Fender Bender
Registered: 08/14/2011
Offline
3995 posts
 

Re: Granzella Updates ?

[ Edited ]
Aug 24, 2012

 

North America: Scheduled for Early September

 

 

 

 

20120801_SCEE_stylish-suit.jpg

 

Release scheduled for North Amercia in late August

 

 

Message 19 of 28 (137 Views)
Fender Bender
Registered: 07/03/2011
Offline
2291 posts
 

Re: Granzella Updates ?

[ Edited ]
Aug 24, 2012

The Seaside of Memories space is nice, and I would like to see it updated soon as well, but it's the Edo space I'm interested in.  I'm so glad that we're getting the festival, and I'm hoping that we'll also get the updated Edo items that are currently available in JP, but what concerns me is that the Edo items are already so many.

 

There are currently (in NA) 36 items to be won from the Edo area for free, and another 15 (or so) to be bought from the store.  While this in itself doesn't seem too many, keep in mind that the tatami mats are meant to be placed to cover the floors of all three rooms in the Edo personal space, and that alone will take 36 slots.  As of now, I currently have all the Edo items (rewards and store bought) and my personal space only has a few slots left (I'm also taking advantage of all the wall hanging slots, which is eating another 12 slots).

 

The JP Edo added an additional 44 items to the Ryo reward list, along with around 15 more items to the store (mostly dolls).  Even with careful consideration, it's looking like it will be impossible to have every Edo item on display in your Edo personal space, as there will be more than 100 items.

 

The only way I can see it being a possibility is if they were to open up the second row of houses as it's own area (you enter and it loads a new personal area), and that area comes with an additional 100 slots.

Message 20 of 28 (112 Views)
0 Likes