Treasure Hunter
3915 posts

Re: Granzella Update for 31st (NA)

Jul 31, 2013
I may get the male outfit for the hell of it, and to help people with the game.
I really don't think the male outfit is as bad as some people are making it out to be.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 41 of 55 (297 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
9504 posts

Jul 31, 2013
Well, I just bought it, and it is pretty bad haha I wish the shorts didnt have the socks attatched, and the male hairstyle is the worst I have ever purchased. Im in it for the rewards though honestly. I would pay $2.50 for them in the stores so I'm more focused on that part of this event.
Support Forums
Message 42 of 55 (289 Views)
VP of Gaming
34135 posts

Jul 31, 2013

LightOfValkyrie wrote:
I really don't think the male outfit is as bad as some people are making it out to be.

tube top, hot pants, leg warmers and flip flops... its bad. Smiley Very Happy

Message 43 of 55 (277 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4495 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 31, 2013

the_original_se wrote:

LightOfValkyrie wrote:

Agreed.  In fact, as mentioned when this first came out in JP, even David Bowie in is Ziggy Stardust years would not wear that outfit. Smiley Happy

Which says a lot when he clearly had no problem wearing a one armed/shouldered/legged leotard with a fire crotch...

post-54354-0-94974300-1322841371_thumb.jpg

icon_eek.gif

Not to mention some of his other 'colorful' outfits...

davidbowie1.jpg

Smiley Surprised

Even Bowie realized soon enough how ridiculous he looked...

David_Bowie-33-nickdrake-thumbnail-331x500.jpeg

And has never gone back...

After-a-decade-David-Bowie-returns-500x319.png

Sony's PlayStation Home updated mission statement...

"Like it never happened"

- Stand for something better than mediocrity and don't disguise it as adequate, when clearly it is far from that to anyone willing to be objective and unbiased. -

Message 44 of 55 (267 Views)
Fender Bender
1747 posts

Jul 31, 2013

the_original_se wrote:

LightOfValkyrie wrote:

Just right for those trying to relive those 80's glory days .. ahhh, yep! I know someone that does .. trust me, y'all, noone you know. Smiley Tongue

And, yeah, I may also get the male outfit too, LightOfValkyie, to help out as well. That's MAY ...

Message 45 of 55 (265 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
3915 posts

Jul 31, 2013
To each their own I guess. Smiley Tongue
Message 46 of 55 (261 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6276 posts

Jul 31, 2013

To be quite honest, I didn't make this thread to discuss how some may feel the outfits are "too girly" for their taste.

But to keep discussing it on and on, we get it already..you don't like the outfit.

So just leave it at that? If you don't like it, don't buy it. Why keep preaching on and on about how you find them too feminine for your taste?

Message 47 of 55 (251 Views)
Uncharted Territory
871 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 1, 2013

Ok, back on topic. I picked up the Celestial Costume in orange/red. The Soft Mohawk Hairstyle has a one star defensive strength so I'm using that in the Kikai event. There doesn't seem to be much to this. You just fly around and pick up the stars so its a lot easier than the Valentine's Day event its based on. I got the rewards easily.

I swapped out the shorts for the Swingers Prize 8 pants and it doesn't look too bad. I kind of like the jacket. I'll post a pic later. 

EDIT: It appears that the Hairstyle doesn't apply to the Kikai event as my defense score was the same both with and without it. I didn't see a lot of people participating in the Tanabata event in the two instances I went to. Hopefully things will pick up after the Kikai event is over. I was able to help two of the women there get the rewards as no other males were in sight.

I wish we could preview bundles as I would have liked to have seen what the purple costume looks like. Here what the orange/red costume looks like. I think it works better than the yellow/blue in my opinion.

Here it is again with the Swingers pants:

"...All life is transitory, a dream. We all come together in the same place, at the end of time. If I don't see you again here, I will see you, in a little while, in a place where no shadows fall." -Delenn, Babylon 5

Home-Brainiac-Winner-Ren_Echo.gif

Message 48 of 55 (195 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
447 posts

Aug 1, 2013
Ehhh, so much pay-to-play here.....and the guy outfits really do not look very manly at all.
Message 49 of 55 (142 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5870 posts

Aug 1, 2013

Did anyone buy the orange and red Celestail costume for females? I've been thinking about buying that costume, but would like to see if it before I buy it. If anyone has it, could you post a picture of it?

Message 50 of 55 (122 Views)
0 Likes