Treasure Hunter
4422 posts

Re: Granzella Mononoke Bon - Festival 2014

Aug 6, 2014
Masks, full body costumes, they look like the new faceless masks in the draper at the festival. I haven't a clue yet about the deco rewards. I'll post when I have them all.
Message 51 of 320 (1,213 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
9504 posts

Aug 6, 2014
Hey someone should try the everyone's picture booth this year. The sign says exclusive commemorative presents available beside it.

Last year it gave the picture frame (after not working for a while).

Curious if that's what we get again or something new.

Also no U-Man dolls in the shooting gallery this year just the old standards. Last year they switched around daily.

Place looks absolutely amazing.
Cross Irem Square, Halloween and last years Bon and you get a really fun lounge.

Serious kudos to GZ
Support Forums
Message 52 of 320 (1,200 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5870 posts

Aug 6, 2014

CMCSAVAGE wrote:

I just did this battle. Without the new thorned armor it's pretty hard. You have these creatures that jump on you and you have to use the joysticks to shake them off.

I didn't get enough points to see the rewards, but it's, 100, 1500, 4500, 15000 and 40000. I'm not sure how the leaderboard comes into play. Maybe there's more rewards other than the slots I see or leaderboard rewards, idk.

What did you use for the battle? Was it the gun outfit and the gun weapon? 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 53 of 320 (1,170 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
1747 posts

Aug 6, 2014

OMG @Mogry2112  - your pictures of this year's Bon Odori festival are awesome... Thanks for sharing... guess it's time to get a proper yukata and such.  Smiley Very Happy

Message 54 of 320 (1,160 Views)
Big Daddy
12485 posts

Aug 6, 2014

ooOHinataOoo wrote:

I used the default outfit from Kikai and the centipede sword.....LOL. I was playing with 2 other people. The person that killed the Ogre had 2 pieces of the new armor and the new swords. I barely made it out, I had 2 of those creatures on me and was limping to the finish.....Smiley Tongue

Message 55 of 320 (1,138 Views)
Splicer
21 posts

Aug 6, 2014

I ask the german MVP RAPIDMOBIL for use the reward picture .

He say its ok .

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Mononoke Reward 2014.jpg
Spoiler
The Outfit is also a win , but only for male .   Smiley Wink

Vienna , 08.06.2014   19:38

Message 56 of 320 (1,118 Views)
Fender Bender
1747 posts

Aug 6, 2014

CMCSAVAGE wrote:

ooOHinataOoo wrote:

I used the default outfit from Kikai and the centipede sword.....LOL. I was playing with 2 other people. The person that killed the Ogre had 2 pieces of the new armor and the new swords. I barely made it out, I had 2 of those creatures on me and was limping to the finish.....Smiley Tongue

Huh ... good to know CMC... thanks for the tip. *loads another PSN card in anticipation*

Message 57 of 320 (1,069 Views)
Uncharted Territory
871 posts

Aug 6, 2014

CMCSAVAGE wrote:

ooOHinataOoo wrote:

I was just going to use my poncho for armor. Smiley Tongue

Actually I did use the poncho for the ogre extermination event but I've got a few different GDF Battlesuits from the Kikai event this time plus a nekomata outfit. Does anyone know how the defense ratings in the item descriptions translate to defense numbers in the game? Obviously more stars means better defense but I seem to remember it was more complicated than that when trying to find the best combination of items.

"...All life is transitory, a dream. We all come together in the same place, at the end of time. If I don't see you again here, I will see you, in a little while, in a place where no shadows fall." -Delenn, Babylon 5

Home-Brainiac-Winner-Ren_Echo.gif

Message 58 of 320 (1,047 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
12485 posts

Aug 6, 2014

Those Battlesuits are a waste, might as well be wearing regular clothes with this event. The hardest part is having those things jump on you and trying to shake them off.

The new armor has Cling Resist @ 4 stars. I'm not sure if it actually repels or just makes it easier to shake off the creatures. The new swords have an attack of 3 minus.

Message 59 of 320 (1,032 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
9504 posts

Aug 6, 2014
All I know is Dokuganryu has been the previous strongest armor. The Demon armor was stronger during that particular event, but when finished it is weaker than Dokuganryu.
I assume this thorny armor works the same way. While Obon is on, it will be the best to wear then revert a notch or so when it's over.

I plan on getting some thorny armor although I really don't need it, it does look pretty dope.

There are three double sword sets available in EU (Normal, Water & Fire) but
BE CAREFUL when they come to NA as the labeling is currently wrong.
Normal says fire, fire says water and water says normal at the moment. Hopefully they catch and fix it before it comes here, but knowing how bad Q&A is for NA Sony it will probably sail right past them.
Careful reading is neccessary to buy the sword you want so be on alert when you are going to press 'pay & order' or whatever the bleep it says now when you purchase.
Support Forums
Message 60 of 320 (1,393 Views)