Wastelander
779 posts

Re: Granzella Lance 2-peice Set & Armor 3-peice set

Sep 27, 2013

Tarazuma wrote:
I hate the women's armor, it's ridiculous and impractical for battle. GZ/Irem used to make the same armors (when it came to actual metal armor) for M/F but I guess that's now out the window. Thankfully, weapons can be used with any clothes, so I'll be picking up the lance/shield when they release here.

...which probably won't be until Dec 2013 with SCEA's "QA" track record.
Meanwhile, EU gets in a week or 2.

I actually like the girl's armor, athough I would like it on a male avatar xD. I guess that makes me weird Smiley Happy

Message 11 of 17 (245 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1464 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 27, 2013

No it doesn't make you weird tom, because actually, if males and females both got skimpy armor, I wouldn't mind. I just hate the fact that males get cool full body armor and females get a stupid metal bikini. Probably should have clarified that in my first post.

Also in response to the aesthetics thing someone posted on the other page...I'm actually not a fan of ugly-but-practical armor (which most of the armor in FFXIV is), but I happen to like the appearance of the Dokuganryu armor, and I would have LOVED the new male armor for women. Remember that aesthetics is also a matter of opinion.

Also, there's a difference between aesthetics and blatant sexism. They could make nice looking armor for women without it being skimpy. Or just give guys a metal speedo and a bare chest and I'll call it even Smiley Tongue

Message 12 of 17 (236 Views)
Shinra Executive
29271 posts

Sep 27, 2013

Tarazuma wrote:

Also, there's a difference between aesthetics and blatant sexism. They could make nice looking armor for women without it being skimpy. Or just give guys a metal speedo and a bare chest and I'll call it even Smiley Tongue

Oh that would generate some interesting discussion here on the forum. Smiley Wink

Message 13 of 17 (222 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
556 posts

Sep 29, 2013

Oh YES. I would so love to see some skimp get passed on to the boys. Time for you to wear the steel corset for a change. LOL.

Yes, Burm. I think Granzella is definitely taking a page from the more *ahem* fashion-over-function MMORPG. JP Home has a lot of content in that vein, and I'm surprised it's taken them this long to emulate it. Not that I'm complaining. Oh no. I am very excited about these outfits. My wallet weeps, but I'm still getting them. LOL.

Club: Nachtmere
Message 14 of 17 (188 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2879 posts

Sep 29, 2013

Nice^_^, I was thinking of getting better armor for my second avi, since I try to keep each account different. My prime works ok, but my second is not armored well enough, I will check this armor out better next time I get money

Thanks Asuka424 for the Signature
Message 15 of 17 (177 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
171 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 3, 2013

ImmortalKitsune wrote:

Enjoy the awsomeness. Cat Wink

Not sure when these will be released to NA but I'll let you know when I find out Cat Wink

Said to be released this mid-October! Cat Very Happy

Watashi wa kyūkyoku no Saikōsai kyūbiko no megamidesu!
 photo 1296c607-7fc7-4680-a5d3-de5d021bb919_zps8a626e1a.jpg

Message 16 of 17 (135 Views)
Highlighted
Splicer
51 posts

Oct 4, 2013

WooooOW this are Awesome....looking forward to them...YeSs

Suupa Doopa Becka..Smiley Wink

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/media/gallerypage/image-id/210609iB9D3FC07090073B3
Message 17 of 17 (105 Views)
0 Likes