Fender Bender
2781 posts

Re: Granzella Fossil Collection and Guide

[ Edited ]
Jul 20, 2012

Old_Noobette wrote:
Not on US servers Smiley Surprised(

Yes it is Smiley Happy

Everything in this guide, with exception only to the 3rd dig site, is available for us now in NA. The reason I have included the third dig site is because  it will be with us next month (August), and it gives me  a head start in readiness for Wave 3.

All fossils illustrated in the guide, and the wooly mammoth bones, can be found here in NA now.

Message 81 of 828 (754 Views)
Fender Bender
2689 posts

Jul 20, 2012
An alternate pair of tool combinations I find works...

HIGH CLASS TOOLS
Pickaxe, Pickaxe, Shovel
Pickaxe, Pickaxe, Shovel

LEGENDARY TOOLS
Pickaxe, Hammer/Spike, Shovel

Basic, I know, but if one feels safe doing the same thing 2/3 times, thats the way to go. Smiley Tongue

A very (very) basic LBP level... by me. http://lbp.me/v/pj9eqq
(PS: Blank Friend Requests WILL be deleted!)
Message 82 of 828 (738 Views)
Monster Hunter
41 posts

Jul 21, 2012

thank for info, if I don't buy HIGH CLASS TOOLS, should I buy legendary tool or should I buy high class tools then get legendry? also do my private hideaway apt have the same rewards as southern island hideaway space? if you have my private hideaway apt. you can add me so you can invite me there.

Message 83 of 828 (705 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2781 posts

Jul 21, 2012

WaveLightning777 wrote:

HIGH CLASS TOOLS
Pickaxe, Pickaxe, Shovel
Pickaxe, Pickaxe, Shovel

LEGENDARY TOOLS

Basic, I know, but if one feels safe doing the same thing 2/3 times, thats the way to go. Smiley Tongue

Thankyou for posting some more combo's, its nice to have a bit of variety when digging for the fossils and I often jump between different combo's just for a change, and to make use of all the different tools I bought, dont want them going to waste!

A couple of times I've lost where I was when using certain combos and ended up falling off the platform, so at times the basic combo's do have their own little advantage Smiley Wink

Message 84 of 828 (691 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2781 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 21, 2012

Butterfly_2000 wrote:

thank for info, if I don't buy HIGH CLASS TOOLS, should I buy legendary tool or should I buy high class tools then get legendry? also do my private hideaway apt have the same rewards as southern island hideaway space? if you have my private hideaway apt. you can add me so you can invite me there.

Regarding the tools, if you havent bought any yet then the only ones you should be looking at buying are the legendary ones. Owning the high class tools gains you no advantage once you have the legendary ones, so unless you want them for decorative reasons they no longer serve a purpose.

For the Island and Apartment, all rewards are located on the Island, none are from the apartment. However, the apartment does gain you access to a second site which you can dig at to try to find more fossils. This allows you to find (with the legendary tools) 6 fossils per day from the public site and the secret garden site (accessed from your Hideaway Apartment or from the rope on the side of the store). You can also get access to the secret garden site by invitation from a friend if they own the Island Apartment.

I have covered both your questions in the guide, which you can read a little bit more up on in the Archaeologists Section on Part 5, you'll find it under 'Dig Sites', and 'Tools of the Trade'.

Hope this helps, but if there is something your still not quite sure of please ask and I will try to help.

Happy huntin  Smiley Happy

Message 85 of 828 (683 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1406 posts

Jul 21, 2012

I have the newest set of tools snd my method of getting 3 fossils works everytime.

its Pick, Hammer, Shovel / continue / Pick, Hammer, Shovel / continue / Hammer until I get the 3rd fossil / quit /

Have fun!!

Message 86 of 828 (666 Views)
Fender Bender
3410 posts

Jul 21, 2012

MrFirstPlayer wrote:

I have the newest set of tools snd my method of getting 3 fossils works everytime.

its Pick, Hammer, Shovel / continue / Pick, Hammer, Shovel / continue / Hammer until I get the 3rd fossil / quit /

Have fun!!

Thanks, It worked for me! Well I went to far and fell, I lost my fossils Smiley Sad

photo tumblr_ltj7u6nyrU1qetp61o1_500_zpse82365c3.gif
http://auroraterra.deviantart.com/
Message 87 of 828 (655 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
34148 posts

Jul 21, 2012

WaveLightning777 wrote:

HIGH CLASS TOOLS
Pickaxe, Pickaxe, Shovel
Pickaxe, Pickaxe, Shovel

LEGENDARY TOOLS

for the High Class Tools you can just use the Pickaxe to get 2 fossils. it takes 4 hits each fossil.

Message 88 of 828 (649 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
41 posts

Jul 21, 2012

thank, I have read on part 5 it's help me a lot of info. Also how do you know it will sometimes coming out on august 2012 for other dig 3?

Message 89 of 828 (629 Views)
0 Likes
Shinra Executive
29271 posts

Jul 21, 2012

Butterfly_2000 wrote:

thank, I have read on part 5 it's help me a lot of info. Also how do you know it will sometimes coming out on august 2012 for other dig 3?

The was an email announcing the release schedule for the Museum from Kazuma Kujo and that North America is schedule for late August so it appears we have a bit of a wait yet to get it here in North America. 

Message 90 of 828 (622 Views)
0 Likes