First Son
5 posts

Re: Granzella Fossil Collection and Guide

Jul 18, 2012

Sorry but I still don´t get it Smiley Sad

If i bought all the 5 legendary tools but I just use 1 or 2 is the same if i use the all 5 ??? I mean in the rarity bonus

By the other hand, buying everything I´ll get 8 stars rarity bounus?? 5x legendary tools + 3x charm lucky things

As far as I'm aware, you do not need to use all the tools to get their rarity bonus, so if you use just 2 tools, but own all 5, you will get the same rarity bonus as you would if you used 4 tools out of the 5.

Be aware though, that by owning all the charms and tools doesnt guarenttee you a new rare fossil on each dig. I still sometimes find 3 x small clods in one dig, and that includes it at the secret dig site. What it does do though, is increase your chances of finding those more rare fossils.

Oh thank you so much Smiley Happy I started to get it.

Message 71 of 828 (702 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3346 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 20, 2012

Woo (ly Mammoth)!

I just completed my mammoth collection today. Now to find that R. Fragment III piece.

Granzella Mammoth Complete

Granzella Mammoth

Message 72 of 828 (680 Views)
Splicer
50 posts

Jul 19, 2012

Thanks so much for the guide. I have a question? My display cases do not hold leaves. They state they are only for footprints and corals. So none of the leaves fossils  fit into the displays.  Am I doing something wrong?  I am the US.

Message 73 of 828 (668 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3346 posts

Jul 19, 2012

littlepeddler wrote:

Thanks so much for the guide. I have a question? My display cases do not hold leaves. They state they are only for footprints and corals. So none of the leaves fossils  fit into the displays.  Am I doing something wrong?  I am the US.

Yep. There are more display packs available, but they're are older so they don't show in the "New & Featured Items" store. If you go to Southern Island Hideaway, then go into the hut on the beach, there is a store point. From there, you can see the other display cases available in the bundles tab.

Message 74 of 828 (660 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
12467 posts

Jul 19, 2012

littlepeddler wrote:

You have to buy the other display cases. You can find these in the regular Granzella store in furniture, not in the new release section.

Message 75 of 828 (655 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2781 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 20, 2012

ck2875 wrote:

Woo (ly Mammoth)!

I just completed my mammoth collection today. Now to find that R. Fragment III piece.

Very nice picture, thankyou for posting and well done on completing the collection Smiley Happy

I'm still a little bit short, trying to find the head, front legs and back. With still a few weeks left until we're likely to receive the next update and wave, I'm still hopefull on completing the wooly mammoth before moving onto the next lot.

Message 76 of 828 (634 Views)
Fender Bender
2781 posts

Jul 20, 2012

I've made another update to the guide, this time to include the new pay-per-dig site that has arrived in EU.

We should be getting this sometime in August, but I have included full details on what to expect when it arrives. All my update can be found in Part 5 of the guide, and includes the following information:

DIG SITE 3

This 3rd dig site is due for release in NA sometime in August 2012, it is a pay-per-dig site, and can be found through the tunnel and on the outside of the island.

Dig Site 3.jpg

To gain access to this site you will need to purchase GZ tickets which are sold at the store, which will then allow you to dig 3 times per day at the site, at the cost of one ticket per dig.

Once you have purchased your tickets, talk to the unhappy young girl at the gate who will take your ticket from you and allow you to pass though the gate pictured below.

Dig Site 3a.jpg

Head on up the stairs where you will see the traditional 4 platforms your used to with the other two sites. Once inside, digging for the fossils is no different than on the other two sites, however, once you have finished digging you will automatically be transported just outside the gate, unless of course you try for one fossil too many in which case you will suffer a watery demise!

One word of warning, at the top of the platform is a guy sat in a chair, he is the greedy father of the young girl at the gate, and if you chat to him he will quite happily take the ticket off of you, and send you back outside without doing the dig, and you will lose your ticket. If you do talk to him, you will have one chance to keep your ticket and continue with your dig, so be careful to select the right choice. A picture of the father is shown below.

Dig Site 3b.jpg

Message 77 of 828 (630 Views)
Shinra Executive
29271 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 20, 2012

ck2875 wrote:

Oh I'm so jealous! I need those rear legs. Congratulations. I did get one extra large clod today. Hope to have a lot more before the 27th. We'll see how that goes. 

Smiley Happy

Just need the Rear Legs and the Partial Chain Coral Rock and I'm done with both waves. Bring it on Granzella. I love this stuff.  I decorated my Island Retreat a couple days ago and the Mammoth is the show piece on my deck where I've sort of used a fossil hunting motif for the decor.

Screen shot 2012-07-20 at 10.13.24 AM.png

Screen shot 2012-07-20 at 10.18.50 AM.png

Message 78 of 828 (625 Views)
Fender Bender
3346 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 20, 2012

Haha, that must be a prime mammoth location. I put him there on my private hideaway as well (though mine there is half of a mammoth since I ran into an "Objects are too close" error that won't let me place anymore furniture in the space despite having 20 slots left).

Private Hideaway Mammoth

Message 79 of 828 (601 Views)
First Son
26 posts

Jul 20, 2012
Not on US servers Smiley Surprised(
Message 80 of 828 (595 Views)
0 Likes