Reply
First Son
Registered: 07/18/2012
Offline
5 posts
 

Re: Granzella Fossil Collection and Guide

Jul 18, 2012

Mermaid-KT wrote:

A minor update for the guide, I have now included what size clod the bones come in. I will mainly try to concentrate on any dino bones we find, but may retrospectively go back to the display case clods as well.

 

I'm struggling a bit on the wooly mammoth right now, seem to be stuck on just three items but will update as I can.

 

Hope this added bit helps a little Smiley Happy


The extra large clods are just available in the dig site from the secret garden????  I have never got a XL one in public dig site.

 

Also, do I have more chances to get rare fossils if I buy the 5 legendary tools instead buying just 3??? if so, do I need to use all the 5 legendary tools in order to get advantage of the rarity level???

 

I bought 3 legendary tools and the 3 lucky things and I just get nothing but wave 1 fossils and some common wave 2 ones

Message 61 of 828 (508 Views)
0 Likes
Shinra Executive
Registered: 05/22/2009
Offline
29271 posts
 

Re: Granzella Fossil Collection and Guide

Jul 18, 2012

I've gotten most if not all of my extra large clods at the second dig site. I only have 4 tools and I have all but one piece of the Mammoth. I do own all the charms. 

 

My alternate account has 3 mammoth pieces and she never got an extra large clod although she does dig at both locations and doesn't own anything above the default digging tools. 

Message 62 of 828 (501 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 02/01/2003
Offline
3346 posts
 

Re: Granzella Fossil Collection and Guide

[ Edited ]
Jul 22, 2012

I've believe that I received an extra large clod at the public site before. I could be mistaken.

Message 63 of 828 (499 Views)
Fender Bender
Registered: 10/15/2009
Offline
2781 posts
 

Re: Granzella Fossil Collection and Guide

Jul 18, 2012

o-Emma-Vizcain-o wrote:

Mermaid-KT wrote:

A minor update for the guide, I have now included what size clod the bones come in. I will mainly try to concentrate on any dino bones we find, but may retrospectively go back to the display case clods as well.

 

I'm struggling a bit on the wooly mammoth right now, seem to be stuck on just three items but will update as I can.

 

Hope this added bit helps a little Smiley Happy


1 ) The extra large clods are just available in the dig site from the secret garden????  I have never got a XL one in public dig site.

 

2 ) Also, do I have more chances to get rare fossils if I buy the 5 legendary tools instead buying just 3??? if so, do I need to use all the 5 legendary tools in order to get advantage of the rarity level???

 

3 ) I bought 3 legendary tools and the 3 lucky things and I just get nothing but wave 1 fossils and some common wave 2 ones


1)  To be honest, I havent paid too much attention to where I got my clods, but I'm fairly certain it is possible to get the XL clods from the public dig. I will pay more attention to try and confirm this in the future.

 

2)  The rarity bonus you get is accumulative, so if you buy all 5 legendary toos, you are suppose to get a better chance in finding the more rare fossils, that includes the accumulative effect from the charms as well.

 

3)   Unfortunately luck does come into this a lot. I read one person seems to find nothing but small and medium clods which seems to be a bit odd. It tends to come in waves for me, last week I found 3 lots of the wooly mammoth and 2 rhamphysoras fossils, but this week I struggled, only finding 1 new rhamphysaouras fossil. Keep trying, I'm sure it'll come good for you Smiley Happy

 

If you read page 1 of this thread, I've tried to make a guide to help, hopefully you'll find some useful information in it, its all covered in posts 1 and 5. Post 1 for the Fossil Collection, and Post 5 for the Archeologist Section for tips etc. Posts 2,3,4 are held for future updates in case I need them,

 

Hope this helps Smiley Happy

Message 64 of 828 (491 Views)
Fender Bender
Registered: 10/15/2009
Offline
2781 posts
 

Re: Granzella Fossil Collection and Guide

Jul 18, 2012

ck2875 wrote:

I've received an extra large clod at the public site before (yesterday).


Thats good to know, thankyou for confirming Woman Happy

Message 65 of 828 (488 Views)
First Son
Registered: 07/18/2012
Offline
5 posts
 

Re: Granzella Fossil Collection and Guide

Jul 18, 2012

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:

I've gotten most if not all of my extra large clods at the second dig site. I only have 4 tools and I have all but one piece of the Mammoth. I do own all the charms. 

 

My alternate account has 3 mammoth pieces and she never got an extra large clod although she does dig at both locations and doesn't own anything above the default digging tools. 


So in order to get XL clods I need to purchase the personal space and legendary tools to be available digging  them but If I only purchase the space I´m just available to get the mammoth pieces that come from large ones...

 

Summing up:

 

Public dig site + deffault tools = none rare fossils (rare with some lucky)

Public dig site + legendary tools = some rare fossils (extra rare with some lucky)

Personal Space + deffault tools = some rare fossils

Personal Space + legendary tools = rare fossils aka XL clods

 

Am I right???

Message 66 of 828 (479 Views)
0 Likes
Shinra Executive
Registered: 05/22/2009
Offline
29271 posts
 

Re: Granzella Fossil Collection and Guide

[ Edited ]
Jul 18, 2012

My alternate account has many of the rare fossils (3 mammoth items)  and she has no special tools or charms. She does dig in both locations however because she can follow me to my apartment and get to the second dig site. 

Message 67 of 828 (475 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
Registered: 07/18/2012
Offline
5 posts
 

Re: Granzella Fossil Collection and Guide

Jul 18, 2012

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:

My alternate account has many of the rare fossils (3 mammoth items)  and she has no special tools or charms. She does dig in both locations however because she can follow me to my apartment and get to the second dig site. 


So that´s the third category:

 

Personal Space + deffault tools = rares fossils

Message 68 of 828 (469 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
Registered: 07/18/2012
Offline
5 posts
 

Re: Granzella Fossil Collection and Guide

[ Edited ]
Jul 18, 2012

Mermaid-KT wrote:

o-Emma-Vizcain-o wrote:

Mermaid-KT wrote:

A minor update for the guide, I have now included what size clod the bones come in. I will mainly try to concentrate on any dino bones we find, but may retrospectively go back to the display case clods as well.

 

I'm struggling a bit on the wooly mammoth right now, seem to be stuck on just three items but will update as I can.

 

Hope this added bit helps a little Smiley Happy


1 ) The extra large clods are just available in the dig site from the secret garden????  I have never got a XL one in public dig site.

 

2 ) Also, do I have more chances to get rare fossils if I buy the 5 legendary tools instead buying just 3??? if so, do I need to use all the 5 legendary tools in order to get advantage of the rarity level???

 

3 ) I bought 3 legendary tools and the 3 lucky things and I just get nothing but wave 1 fossils and some common wave 2 ones


1)  To be honest, I havent paid too much attention to where I got my clods, but I'm fairly certain it is possible to get the XL clods from the public dig. I will pay more attention to try and confirm this in the future.

 

2)  The rarity bonus you get is accumulative, so if you buy all 5 legendary toos, you are suppose to get a better chance in finding the more rare fossils, that includes the accumulative effect from the charms as well.

 

3)   Unfortunately luck does come into this a lot. I read one person seems to find nothing but small and medium clods which seems to be a bit odd. It tends to come in waves for me, last week I found 3 lots of the wooly mammoth and 2 rhamphysoras fossils, but this week I struggled, only finding 1 new rhamphysaouras fossil. Keep trying, I'm sure it'll come good for you Smiley Happy

 

If you read page 1 of this thread, I've tried to make a guide to help, hopefully you'll find some useful information in it, its all covered in posts 1 and 5. Post 1 for the Fossil Collection, and Post 5 for the Archeologist Section for tips etc. Posts 2,3,4 are held for future updates in case I need them,

 

Hope this helps Smiley Happy


Sorry but I still don´t get it Smiley Sad

 

If i bought all the 5 legendary tools but I just use 1 or 2 is the same if i use the all 5 ??? I mean in the rarity bonus. It is just buying them to get the rarity advantage or it is really necessary to use them to get the advantage???

 

By the other hand, buying everything I´ll get 8 stars rarity bounus?? 5x legendary tools + 3x charm lucky things

 

 

 

 

Message 69 of 828 (460 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 10/15/2009
Offline
2781 posts
 

Re: Granzella Fossil Collection and Guide

[ Edited ]
Jul 18, 2012

o-Emma-Vizcain-o wrote:

Mermaid-KT wrote:

o-Emma-Vizcain-o wrote:

Mermaid-KT wrote:

A minor update for the guide, I have now included what size clod the bones come in. I will mainly try to concentrate on any dino bones we find, but may retrospectively go back to the display case clods as well.

 

I'm struggling a bit on the wooly mammoth right now, seem to be stuck on just three items but will update as I can.

 

Hope this added bit helps a little Smiley Happy


1 ) The extra large clods are just available in the dig site from the secret garden????  I have never got a XL one in public dig site.

 

2 ) Also, do I have more chances to get rare fossils if I buy the 5 legendary tools instead buying just 3??? if so, do I need to use all the 5 legendary tools in order to get advantage of the rarity level???

 

3 ) I bought 3 legendary tools and the 3 lucky things and I just get nothing but wave 1 fossils and some common wave 2 ones


1)  To be honest, I havent paid too much attention to where I got my clods, but I'm fairly certain it is possible to get the XL clods from the public dig. I will pay more attention to try and confirm this in the future.

 

2)  The rarity bonus you get is accumulative, so if you buy all 5 legendary toos, you are suppose to get a better chance in finding the more rare fossils, that includes the accumulative effect from the charms as well.

 

3)   Unfortunately luck does come into this a lot. I read one person seems to find nothing but small and medium clods which seems to be a bit odd. It tends to come in waves for me, last week I found 3 lots of the wooly mammoth and 2 rhamphysoras fossils, but this week I struggled, only finding 1 new rhamphysaouras fossil. Keep trying, I'm sure it'll come good for you Smiley Happy

 

If you read page 1 of this thread, I've tried to make a guide to help, hopefully you'll find some useful information in it, its all covered in posts 1 and 5. Post 1 for the Fossil Collection, and Post 5 for the Archeologist Section for tips etc. Posts 2,3,4 are held for future updates in case I need them,

 

Hope this helps Smiley Happy


Sorry but I still don´t get it Smiley Sad

 

If i bought all the 5 legendary tools but I just use 1 or 2 is the same if i use the all 5 ??? I mean in the rarity bonus

 

By the other hand, buying everything I´ll get 8 stars rarity bounus?? 5x legendary tools + 3x charm lucky things

 

 

 

 


As far as I'm aware, you do not need to use all the tools to get their rarity bonus, so if you use just 2 tools, but own all 5, you will get the same rarity bonus as you would if you used 4 tools out of the 5.

 

Be aware though, that by owning all the charms and tools doesnt guarenttee you a new rare fossil on each dig. I still sometimes find 3 x small clods in one dig, and that includes it at the secret dig site. What it does do though, is increase your chances of finding those more rare fossils.

Message 70 of 828 (456 Views)