Fender Bender
3408 posts

Re: Granzella Fossil Collection and Guide

Jul 12, 2012

My god...how...never mind, I must keep digging..what method works to get this? Smiley Surprised

photo tumblr_ltj7u6nyrU1qetp61o1_500_zpse82365c3.gif
http://auroraterra.deviantart.com/
Message 51 of 828 (687 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2781 posts

Jul 12, 2012

crazyduck23 wrote:

Does anyone have a video of the museum? I would love to see a full video of the museum other than the one Granzella posted on Youtube. Also do you have to purchase the fossil displays, or do they come with the museum?

I have yet to visit the Museum in Japan, but from what I understand is that you dont need to own the display cases to have the fossils displayed in your museum. However, if you do have the cases, the fossils will be displayed in their cases, as opposed to being on a stand type thing. This is just how I understand it, but I can not confirm this is definitely correct.

Steve, when you read this, please could you confirm this is correct? Thankyou.

Message 52 of 828 (678 Views)
Lombax Warrior
99 posts

Jul 12, 2012

Brilliant!  Thank you very much Cat Happy

Message 53 of 828 (644 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
197 posts

Jul 17, 2012

Finally caved in and purchased two of the legendary tools

(pickaxe, hammer) and was able to dig 3x successfully.

Method (for each of the 3 digs) : pickaxe x2, hammer x2 

Photobucket
Message 54 of 828 (599 Views)
Shinra Executive
29271 posts

Jul 17, 2012

Just need the rear legs and one coral to finish wave two. I have everything from wave one. The EU is getting the museum and an island update with the pay dig site so really big dinosaurs aren't that far away.

Smiley Happy

mammoth

mammoth

mammoth

Message 55 of 828 (583 Views)
Fender Bender
2781 posts

Jul 17, 2012

Very nice Jo, your doing really well, looks like you had a very good week with fossils this week. With a bit of luck you may complete Wave 2 before the next update.

My week wasn't very successful - all wooly mammoth bones I found I already had, only good thing was my 3rd of 4 Rhamphysoarus fossils. I'm still after 4 parts of the wooly mammoth so need a good week before the next update.

I see the EU are getting their Museum this week, looking forward to getting ours Smiley Happy

Message 56 of 828 (567 Views)
Fender Bender
2781 posts

Jul 17, 2012

SirNinjaBoy wrote:

Thankyou for sharing this information and combo. I've updated the guide (Archaeologists Section) to include your combo  Woman Happy

Message 57 of 828 (559 Views)
Shinra Executive
29271 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 17, 2012

Mermaid-KT wrote:

Very nice Jo, your doing really well, looks like you had a very good week with fossils this week. With a bit of luck you may complete Wave 2 before the next update.

My week wasn't very successful - all wooly mammoth bones I found I already had, only good thing was my 3rd of 4 Rhamphysoarus fossils. I'm still after 4 parts of the wooly mammoth so need a good week before the next update.

I see the EU are getting their Museum this week, looking forward to getting ours Smiley Happy

Your guide has been a tremendous resource. It's helped me a lot. I've also had the advantage of digging on two machines because the script files I gather are different on both so I can dig on my Joanna account each day on each of them. I had 120 clods to assay today. It took me forever with all the errors I got with the assayer having to reload the space a number of times but it was worth it.

Hopefully I'll get the remaining two before we get our museum. It would be awesome to get it next week but I suspect we'll have to wait two more weeks for the museum and the rest of the Island update to surface here.

Message 58 of 828 (553 Views)
Lombax Warrior
197 posts

Jul 17, 2012

Mermaid-KT wrote:

SirNinjaBoy wrote:

Thankyou for sharing this information and combo. I've updated the guide (Archaeologists Section) to include your combo  Woman Happy

Glad I could help add to this awesome guide. Even though I only own two

of the tools I'm still managing to get at least 1 rare fossil out of the 3 digs every

day. (I do not own the private hideaway yet)

Photobucket
Message 59 of 828 (542 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2781 posts

Jul 18, 2012

A minor update for the guide, I have now included what size clod the bones come in. I will mainly try to concentrate on any dino bones we find, but may retrospectively go back to the display case clods as well.

I'm struggling a bit on the wooly mammoth right now, seem to be stuck on just three items but will update as I can.

Hope this added bit helps a little Smiley Happy

Message 60 of 828 (486 Views)