Fender Bender
2781 posts

Re: Granzella Fossil Collection and Guide

Dec 19, 2012

ProfessorTripp wrote:

Mermaid-KT wrote:

I dont know if Granzella have made it a little easier to be given 2-in-1 fossils, but the last couple of visits from the girl have been quite good.

On the 7th she gave me two 2-in-1s, and yesterday she found another two 2-in-1s. I'm now left needing just one more shellfish to complete the musuem, so hoping i will find it on her next visit.

Congrats Mermaid.

I don't think I've posted in this thread before, but wanted to let you know that your guide was a huge help to me. I got one new fossil last night: the last starfish I needed, and the last fossil from the paid dig site. No more GZ tickets to buy! Finally!

10 more fossils to go. It takes a lot of time, but as I complete fossil collections (and buy the plates to finish the look when I do) I realize that it's all been worth it.

As to the 2-in-1s, I really have no clue how it works. On the 7th I gave the woman about 70 clods or so, and got four 2-in-1s amazingly enough. On the 17th I gave her a grand total of 129 clods over two days and got none. Really bizarre.

Thankyou, and its always nice when I hear someone finding the guide useful, it makes it all worth while.

For 2-in-1 fossils the only thing I know for sure is that the girl is more generous than the guy in finding them. In fact, if it wasnt for people posting that the guy has given them a 2-in-1 I would never have known as he hasnt found one for me, all of mine have come from the girl.

Good luck finding your last 10, it gets harder but with a bit of perseverance we can complete them all. Hopefully mine will be completed Christmas week when the girl comes back on the 27th.

Message 741 of 828 (263 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2781 posts

Dec 19, 2012

The latest update on the Island may have added the elusive Shellfish fossils to the dig sites, so no longer are they only possible by getting the 2-in-1s.

I only need 1 more shellfish to complete my museum, and before the update it said I had found all fossils from all 3 sites, but now it says I've only found all the fossils for the paid site, indicating that its now possible to dig it up in either the free or secret dig sites.

I wont know for sure unless I find it, but atleast we may not have to just rely on 2-in-1s now.

Message 742 of 828 (249 Views)
Shinra Executive
29271 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 19, 2012

Mermaid-KT wrote:

The latest update on the Island may have added the elusive Shellfish fossils to the dig sites, so no longer are they only possible by getting the 2-in-1s.

I only need 1 more shellfish to complete my museum, and before the update it said I had found all fossils from all 3 sites, but now it says I've only found all the fossils for the paid site, indicating that its now possible to dig it up in either the free or secret dig sites.

I wont know for sure unless I find it, but atleast we may not have to just rely on 2-in-1s now.

Oh gee wonder if they added new fossils. I'll have to check see if mine say still found all of them. I'll update later.

Message 743 of 828 (242 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2781 posts

Dec 19, 2012

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:

Mermaid-KT wrote:

Oh gee wonder if they added new fossils. I'll have to check see if mine say still found all of them. I'll update later.

I thought the same, so I checked my Museum. Nothing new looks to have been added or moved to make way for any new fossils, and no prompts came up anywere suggesting there were any. Not yet anyway...

Message 744 of 828 (239 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2693 posts

Dec 19, 2012
Tickets regenerated (FINALLY). I admit to regenerating them in part for winter photo activities, but hey, they apply here, too. Guess we'll see if anything comes up on the 27th.

A very (very) basic LBP level... by me. http://lbp.me/v/pj9eqq
(PS: Blank Friend Requests WILL be deleted!)
Message 745 of 828 (229 Views)
0 Likes
Shinra Executive
29271 posts

Dec 21, 2012

Mermaid-KT wrote:

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:

Mermaid-KT wrote:

I thought the same, so I checked my Museum. Nothing new looks to have been added or moved to make way for any new fossils, and no prompts came up anywere suggesting there were any. Not yet anyway...

I checked at the island today Mermaid and I get the same message upon exit that I have found all the fossils in all three dig sites so if anything has changed they've added more of the shellfish to the dig areas so a second fossil find isn't necessary anymore. At least that seems resonable to me.

Message 746 of 828 (204 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2781 posts

Dec 21, 2012

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:

Mermaid-KT wrote:

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:

Mermaid-KT wrote:

I checked at the island today Mermaid and I get the same message upon exit that I have found all the fossils in all three dig sites so if anything has changed they've added more of the shellfish to the dig areas so a second fossil find isn't necessary anymore. At least that seems resonable to me.

That appears to be the case. I have found 2 shellfish which, one from the free site and one from the secret one, that I think were formally only available through 2-in-1s. Unfortunately it wasnt the one that I was looking for though...

Message 747 of 828 (186 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1464 posts

Dec 24, 2012
After finding out about this, I finally went there again, and I got 2 new shellfish from normal appraisals by the male the past 2 days, I was amazed.

I am so glad, this literally couldn't have come at a better time, as I had given up fossils for good since waiting for 2-in-1s was taking too long and I just couldn't be bothered going there or digging anymore.

I think I only have 3-4 shellfish and anomalocaris III left now Smiley Happy
Message 748 of 828 (166 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5406 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 24, 2012

They've definitely tweaked the rarity of several fossils. I was just there and didn't feel like waiting for the female appraiser, so I gave the male appraiser about 50 clods or so that I've collected since the 17th. Out of those clods I found the last piece of the elk that I needed and THREE shellfish. Unbelievable.

Down to six fossils remaining for me.

Message 749 of 828 (162 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2781 posts

Dec 24, 2012

Well done Tara and Professor, you both had some great finds, and its particularly nice when you finish one of the main exhibits on the first floor. It also helps confirm that the elusive shellfish are now possible to find at the digs, and not have to wait for 2-in-1s.

So far, I seem to be finding atleast one shellfish a day, sometimes two, but not yet the one left that I'm trying to find (the Swifti one). I did mess up yesterday though when I fell off the platform, I lost track of where i was and the platform broke. Dont you just hate it when that happens!

Good luck you two, and everyone else, in finding some more Smiley Happy

Message 750 of 828 (142 Views)
0 Likes