Wastelander
751 posts

Re: Granzella Fossil Collection and Guide

Jul 7, 2012

Awesome post Mermaid-KT! Thank you for posting, this will come in handy. Kudos :-)

Message 11 of 828 (1,088 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
588 posts

Jul 7, 2012

This thread will be very useful!! Fantastic job Mermaid-KT!

I acquired the front legs and the head the day before that. I suppose im 60% complete with the mammoth fossil! Are there any other fossils known to exsist in NA besides the mammoth?

Home Snap Shot 1.jpgHome Snap Shot 1_1.jpgHome Snap Shot 2.jpg

Message 12 of 828 (1,065 Views)
Shinra Executive
29271 posts

Jul 7, 2012

Oh the head and tusks are awesome. Sadly I got the tusks on my Claire account and not my Joanna one. Wish I could gift them. I'm curious if you got the head in an extra large clod. I got the front legs in an extra large one this morning.

Message 13 of 828 (1,063 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
588 posts

Jul 7, 2012

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:

Oh the head and tusks are awesome. Sadly I got the tusks on my Claire account and not my Joanna one. Wish I could gift them. I'm curious if you got the head in an extra large clod. I got the front legs in an extra large one this morning.

The head came in a large clot. The tail, front legs and the tusk came in an extra large clot.

Message 14 of 828 (1,057 Views)
0 Likes
Shinra Executive
29271 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 7, 2012

BurbeRy_TouCh420 wrote:

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:

The head came in a large clot. The tail, front legs and the tusk came in an extra large clot.

Interesting.

Well I have the tail, rear abdomen and tusks and they all were in large clods. The only mammoth fossil I got in an extra large clod was the front legs and that was the first extra large one I received. 

Message 15 of 828 (1,055 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
588 posts

Jul 7, 2012

I have a theory on the clots, the large clot can be any of the fossils on the island and the extra large clot guarantees a dinosaur fossil.

Message 16 of 828 (1,054 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2781 posts

Jul 7, 2012

Thankyou all for the nice comments on the guide, hopefully it'll help a bit, even if only to know what there is out there right now to collect.

The wooly mammoth is the only dino bones available right now, I'm guessing when the museum arrives we will have our 3rd wave.

I like the pictures of both of your mammoths coming together, between the 3 of us we have a complete one, shame we cant share, swop or gift them onto each other. I have the front, middle and end, cant wait to get one of the other bits so I can join some together.

To CMC, thankyou for the offer of the pic, and please send it to me if you dont mind by XMB so I can use it. I expect it will be a while yet before I get the last two pieces.

And to Strider, thankyou for pointing out the rocks arent junk. I wasnt aware, and am very surprised, that they have a place in the museum. For now I'll leave them where they are but with a view to putting them into their own category when the Museum arrives.

Hopefully there aren't too many errors, again, apologies if there is something I may be missing.

Thankyou again to everyone for your comments Smiley Happy

Message 17 of 828 (1,047 Views)
Fender Bender
2781 posts

Jul 7, 2012

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:

BurbeRy_TouCh420 wrote:

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:

Interesting.

Well I have the tail, rear abdomen and tusks and they all were in large clods. The only mammoth fossil I got in an extra large clod was the front legs and that was the first extra large one I received. 

From what I remember, I think the chest I found was in an extra large clod.

Message 18 of 828 (1,041 Views)
Lombax Warrior
124 posts

Jul 7, 2012

Mermaid-KT wrote:

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:

BurbeRy_TouCh420 wrote:

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:

Interesting.

From what I remember, I think the chest I found was in an extra large clod.

I have the chest, front legs, and the tail. The chest and front legs were both in extra large clods and the tail was in a large clod. I actually got the tail twice and both times they were in large clods.

Message 19 of 828 (1,036 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5310 posts

Jul 7, 2012

Awesome job with this, Mermaid. I got the Mammoth Head last night, and it's a 4-star rarity.

Something very interesting happened last night, and I've had this happen before. If I show up with a lot of clods, I'll get kicked from appraisal partway through. This happened four times last night, but on the fourth and final time I got different fossils. Mysterious Beauty found two fossils in my extra-large clod each time, so I walked away with the tusks, head and chest from the same clod.

Follow me on Twitter:
twitter.com/hearitwow

Watch past episodes:
HomeCast at HomeStation Magazine

Message 20 of 828 (1,019 Views)
0 Likes