Shinra Executive
29271 posts

Re: Granzella Fossil Collection and Guide

[ Edited ]
Nov 28, 2012

Hi everyone!

Well this evening is a special one for me. I will say I have mixed emotions because this has been quite a ride. I've loved digging. I've loved seeing the dino's come together. I've loved talking with all the people who were there with me at the Island. It's been so much fun and more than worth the money. This will be an adventure that I will cherish and remember! 

I got my last pop-up this evening while mindlessly pressing X again and received my last shellfish. Yes that Swiftopecten Swiftii is now in my collection. I am done with my museum. Thank you Granzella for a very special experience and making something more than worth doing in Home for me at least. 

And a big thank you to Mermaid because without her guide this would not have been possible. I'd have had no clue what I had or what I needed. You made it possible hun. Thank you again. 

Have a look as I wipe a tear from my eye. I'll need to find a new adventure now to keep me busy. 

Joanna.

FossilCollectionFinished.jpg

FossilCollectionFinished_3.jpg

FossilCollectionFinished_2.jpg

Message 691 of 828 (235 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5310 posts

Nov 28, 2012

Last night I received the message that I'd completed the paid dig site. It cost me exactly two 60-ticket packs to get through it, although I'm sure that will vary for others.

I'm still missing around 16 fossils, including Mammoth legs, the only bit of Wave 2 I don't have, but at least it's quicker and cheaper digging from here on out.

Follow me on Twitter:
twitter.com/hearitwow

Watch past episodes:
HomeCast at HomeStation Magazine

Message 692 of 828 (197 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
871 posts

Nov 28, 2012
Congratulations Joanna, I know you worked hard for that last shellfish. Ten more fossils to go for me.
"...All life is transitory, a dream. We all come together in the same place, at the end of time. If I don't see you again here, I will see you, in a little while, in a place where no shadows fall." -Delenn, Babylon 5

Home-Brainiac-Winner-Ren_Echo.gif

Message 693 of 828 (192 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
1148 posts

Nov 28, 2012

To someone who is so supportive of so many others, all I can say is :

Joanna, WOW, this is wonderful . . . Your elation about the completed Museum is making me smile big time Smiley Happy

* lends Joanna her (slightly wet) Hanky *

Your Pics are great . . . Congratulations

photo Xmas3_1copy_1.jpg
Message 694 of 828 (184 Views)
Shinra Executive
29271 posts

Nov 28, 2012

Lil_The_Pill wrote:

To someone who is so supportive of so many others, all I can say is :

Joanna, WOW, this is wonderful . . . Your elation about the completed Museum is making me smile big time Smiley Happy

* lends Joanna her (slightly wet) Hanky *

Your Pics are great . . . Congratulations

You are so sweet Lil.  Thank you! Smiley Happy

Message 695 of 828 (168 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2781 posts

Nov 28, 2012

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:

Hi everyone!

Well this evening is a special one for me. I will say I have mixed emotions because this has been quite a ride. I've loved digging. I've loved seeing the dino's come together. I've loved talking with all the people who were there with me at the Island. It's been so much fun and more than worth the money. This will be an adventure that I will cherish and remember! 

I got my last pop-up this evening while mindlessly pressing X again and received my last shellfish. Yes that Swiftopecten Swiftii is now in my collection. I am done with my museum. Thank you Granzella for a very special experience and making something more than worth doing in Home for me at least. 

And a big thank you to Mermaid because without her guide this would not have been possible. I'd have had no clue what I had or what I needed. You made it possible hun. Thank you again. 

Have a look as I wipe a tear from my eye. I'll need to find a new adventure now to keep me busy. 

Joanna.

FossilCollectionFinished.jpg

FossilCollectionFinished_3.jpg

FossilCollectionFinished_2.jpg

I love your pictures, and congratulations Jo Smiley Happy

It really is quite a ride, and one that I'm still on, but very well done for competing your Museum.

On Page 1 of this Guide I said something about enjoying the journey, and it has been great fun, and been nice chatting with you while we were both getting our clods appraised, so do keep coming back to the Island. But you can relax now, and enjoy looking at your finished Museum. Well done Smiley Happy

Message 696 of 828 (159 Views)
Gaming Beast
1464 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 28, 2012

Well done Joanna, you just need the fossil plates now to make them look nice  Smiley Wink

Last week I got the last starfish piece I needed, as well as the left elk antler, from the male appraiser. Since it was close to the 7th, over the weekend I saved my fossils, and surprisingly got a double fossil with a shellfish, FINALLY!

Now I just need anomalocairs III and the last 5 shellfish Smiley Frustrated

Message 697 of 828 (154 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2781 posts

Nov 28, 2012

My journeys progressing, and I was pleased that I moved forward when the girl gave me a 2-in-1 fossil yesterday which was another shellfish. I'm now left looking for 4 more shellfish and 1 very elusive half of a fish.

If I can be given one 2-in-1 fossil each time the girl is here I will be happy, although by the sounds of it its going to get even harder than it was. Still good fun though.

Message 698 of 828 (150 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Splicer
39 posts

Nov 29, 2012

I had a pretty good appraisal this 27th. I purchased the Private Hideaway on the 25th. Brought about 39 fossils to MB. Here's the new stuff that I walked away with =)

Small Starfish Yellow; Brittle Star (Blue) Fragment 2

Ammonite Parent and Child; Small Square Coral (White) Fossil Shard

Med. clod turned into a 2 in 1 (1st fossil was duplicate) -- Ancient Dragonfly Fragment 2; Bee

HeartHeartHeartHeartHeart

Site #1, Dug 11/24 Sat - 9:18am EST -- T-Rex Pelvic Region 

Site #2, Dug 11/26 Mon - 6:33pm EST:

(L) Mammoth (Abdomen) which also became a 2 in 1 -- (XL) Stegosaurus (Abdomen) 

Brachiosaurus (Lower Vertebrae)

Site #2, 11/27 Tue - 8:10am -- Mammoth (Tusk)

Site #2 seems to be paying off quite nicely already. But, I've only got about 40-50 fossils? So it might seem like I have great luck with the bones, but maybe it's just because I've only recently started on this quest. Smiley Tongue

Message 699 of 828 (130 Views)
Shinra Executive
29271 posts

Nov 29, 2012

There are 175 in total. You should have fun getting new items regularly. It will get harder and harder as time goes by. It's a lot of fun so hopefully you'll enjoy the adventure.

Smiley Happy

Message 700 of 828 (128 Views)
0 Likes