Fender Bender
2689 posts

Re: Granzella Fossil Collection and Guide

[ Edited ]
Oct 10, 2012

I'm hoping it tells me I'm done with the pay site soon. I don't mind restocking my tickets every now and again, but the fact is, I'm probably down to only a couple more from there, and its frustrating knowing that, yet not getting the one(s) I need, and thus losing 3 more tickets on it.

Incidentally, fossils and RE6 are what I'm working on too, as well as Sonic Adventure 2.

EDIT: Seven... -_-

A very (very) basic LBP level... by me. http://lbp.me/v/pj9eqq
(PS: Blank Friend Requests WILL be deleted!)
Message 561 of 828 (263 Views)
0 Likes
Shinra Executive
29271 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 10, 2012

Well I just checked my museum and I have another shellfish fossil so the Mysterious Lady gave me at least one of the 4 I needed the other day.

I now need 3 more to complete. I have another batch ready to assay but I'll wait for the 17th to do them. Hopefully I'll get another one at least.

Needed to complete:

Swiftopecten Swiftii  (2+) (M)
Vicarya Callosa Japonica  (2+) (M)
Cyrenidae (2) (M) (2+) (M)

Message 562 of 828 (232 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2781 posts

Oct 11, 2012

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:

Well I just checked my museum and I have another shellfish fossil so the Mysterious Lady gave me at least one of the 4 I needed the other day.

I now need 3 more to complete. I have another batch ready to assay but I'll wait for the 17th to do them. Hopefully I'll get another one at least.

Needed to complete:

Swiftopecten Swiftii  (2+) (M)
Vicarya Callosa Japonica  (2+) (M)
Cyrenidae (2) (M) (2+) (M)

wow, your doing very well, I dont think it will be much longer until you'll have a full Museum.

I'm 9 short so far: 6 shellfish, 2 anomolacris and 1 fish. I've completed all finds on the free site, but would like to find the last fish as I'm hoping that will be the paid site completed so I can save some GZ tickets.

I'm at the point where I'm saving all L and XL clods for the girl in the hope she'll give me some 2-in-1 fossils, and just getting the M ones appraised by the guy.

Message 563 of 828 (216 Views)
0 Likes
Shinra Executive
29271 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 11, 2012

Mermaid-KT wrote:
wow, your doing very well, I dont think it will be much longer until you'll have a full Museum.

I'm 9 short so far: 6 shellfish, 2 anomolacris and 1 fish. I've completed all finds on the free site, but would like to find the last fish as I'm hoping that will be the paid site completed so I can save some GZ tickets.

I'm at the point where I'm saving all L and XL clods for the girl in the hope she'll give me some 2-in-1 fossils, and just getting the M ones appraised by the guy.

Thank you. Without your guide I'd have no idea what I was doing or what was left to collect. You have helped a lot of us be able to at least try and complete out museums.

It'll get done. I can be persistant. It's just a matter of getting 3 more second fossil clods. I have no idea how long that will take given I certainly haven't gotten many of them. Smiley Happy

Message 564 of 828 (213 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2689 posts

Oct 11, 2012
Ugh... I don't even want to think about today. I literally got NOTHING but smalls and mediums. Even from the paid site. Tomorrow's my last chance before I have to drop 3 more bucks, too...

A very (very) basic LBP level... by me. http://lbp.me/v/pj9eqq
(PS: Blank Friend Requests WILL be deleted!)
Message 565 of 828 (207 Views)
0 Likes
Shinra Executive
29271 posts

Oct 11, 2012

WaveLightning777 wrote:
Ugh... I don't even want to think about today. I literally got NOTHING but smalls and mediums. Even from the paid site. Tomorrow's my last chance before I have to drop 3 more bucks, too...

Lots of fossils in medium clods. I know it's annoying to not get extra large but on the other hand some of the ones you're missing at the pay site my very well be in the medium or small ones. It used to bother me but after checking a list of what I needed at the time I saw that most of what I had needed were not in extra large.

60 tickets for 2.99 comes to about .05 cents a dig. If creative digging isn't used that's about .15 cent a day.

Doesn't make getting nothing satisfying but I'm trying to cheer you up! Smiley Happy

Message 566 of 828 (190 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Lombax Warrior
142 posts

Oct 12, 2012

Well I am officially finished finding fossils in the paid fossil site as of about noon, today. And I'm left with 15 tickets to use as I see fit. I suppose I can take a few photos at Great Edo. Didn't that upcomming downtown Tokyo space use those tickets? I can save them for that, too.

Message 567 of 828 (164 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1464 posts

Oct 12, 2012
I'm not sure how people are getting the shellfish fossils honestly. In Japan and NA I am basically missing the same fossils. Keep in mind I have been digging in JP since day 1 and spend a ton of tickets there (much more then in NA, in which I only bought 90)

Also 2 of my friends, both their JP and NA accounts, are missing the same shellfish fossils as well.

In NA I am only missing 10 fossils (L elk antler, 1 half of a starfish, 2 anomalocaris, and of course the infamous 6 shellfish.)

The shellfish are only 2-3 stars at most, so it makes 0 sense why they are this hard to obtain while 4-5 star dino fossils pop up repeatedly in every dig.

Despite being one of the first fossil pioneers in Japan last year, including the first one on YPSH to buy a fossil plate to show others, figure out how to dig, and have a complete mammoth, I have basically given up on this for good. I had no idea that 2-3 star fossils would be this stupidly hard to get.

I have OCD so the unfinished museum is killing me, but I also have ADD and there's no way I can keep going through the tedium of digging and appriasing for nothing. Such a bad combination lol.

Anyways, my only possible theory on this nonsense is that having all 3 tags and the legendary tools makes getting the dinosaur fossils so easy, that it then becomes difficult getting lower-grade fossils. I can't be bothered testing this out on another account as of now, but maybe someone else can.

It could be tested with just having the legendary tools and no tags, or just having the high class tools. If this theory is correct, then I am definitely finished on my main account, as there is no way to reverse the effects of the rarity tags and tools.

However, if it's true, maybe I'll start on another someday, and start off by getting all the 2-3 star stuff first before buying rarity tags and/or legendary tools.
Message 568 of 828 (148 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2781 posts

Oct 12, 2012

Tarazuma wrote:
I'm not sure how people are getting the shellfish fossils honestly. In Japan and NA I am basically missing the same fossils. Keep in mind I have been digging in JP since day 1 and spend a ton of tickets there (much more then in NA, in which I only bought 90)

Also 2 of my friends, both their JP and NA accounts, are missing the same shellfish fossils as well.

In NA I am only missing 10 fossils (L elk antler, 1 half of a starfish, 2 anomalocaris, and of course the infamous 6 shellfish.)

The shellfish are only 2-3 stars at most, so it makes 0 sense why they are this hard to obtain while 4-5 star dino fossils pop up repeatedly in every dig.

Despite being one of the first fossil pioneers in Japan last year, including the first one on YPSH to buy a fossil plate to show others, figure out how to dig, and have a complete mammoth, I have basically given up on this for good. I had no idea that 2-3 star fossils would be this stupidly hard to get.

I have OCD so the unfinished museum is killing me, but I also have ADD and there's no way I can keep going through the tedium of digging and appriasing for nothing. Such a bad combination lol.

Anyways, my only possible theory on this nonsense is that having all 3 tags and the legendary tools makes getting the dinosaur fossils so easy, that it then becomes difficult getting lower-grade fossils. I can't be bothered testing this out on another account as of now, but maybe someone else can.

It could be tested with just having the legendary tools and no tags, or just having the high class tools. If this theory is correct, then I am definitely finished on my main account, as there is no way to reverse the effects of the rarity tags and tools.

However, if it's true, maybe I'll start on another someday, and start off by getting all the 2-3 star stuff first before buying rarity tags and/or legendary tools.

Hi Tarazuma,

I'm left with the same 6 shelfish as you, plus a few others as well (9 left to find), and from what I understand some of those 6 (maybe all 6, I'm not too sure) you can not find by digging at any of the three sites. I dont know if you've read all the posts in this thread, but there are cases where the appraiser tells them they have found all the fossils in all three dig sites, yet they still need 'x' amount of shellfish fossils.

It appears the only way you can get them is by getting the 2-in-1 fossils. As I'm nearing the end now (theres only 1 fossil separating you and me) I'm saving all my L and XL clods up for the girl to appraise. She seems to be much more generous in handing out 2-in-1s than the guy, who has not given me one yet, so you may like to try what I'm doing, and wait for the girl with a nice lot of clods saved up for her.

Although I cant say definitely that this will work as I've only just started saving them all up, I get the impression this tactic is working for others that just have the shellfish to find.

I hope this helps, and good luck finding those last few.

Message 569 of 828 (137 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1464 posts

Oct 13, 2012

Thanks Mermaid, I also was wondering if 2-in-1s help..but I haven't getting double fossils at all lately from either appraiser :/

Do you think it matters if the large fossils are from the pay site or not? I haven't gotten many double fossils in NA period and I have no idea what I got in JP at this point lol.

Message 570 of 828 (113 Views)
0 Likes