PlayStation MVP
2539 posts

Re: Granzella Fossil Collection and Guide

[ Edited ]
Oct 8, 2012

At least you guys are getting new stuff. I've had like 4 days STRAIGHT of busts now.

EDIT: Make that 5....

A very (very) basic LBP level... by me. http://lbp.me/v/pj9eqq
(PS: Blank Friend Requests WILL be deleted!)
Message 551 of 828 (255 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
393 posts

Oct 8, 2012
Quick question: I've seen a couple of people say that it was a good thing when they no longer needed to find clods of a specific size, like knowing that all of their XL clods fossils were done. How is that a good thing? It's not like you can choose which size to pull out of the rock.

Just wondering if people are changing strategy somehow when they know they only need specific clod sizes.
Message 552 of 828 (235 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
29264 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 8, 2012

AlabamaWorley87 wrote:
Quick question: I've seen a couple of people say that it was a good thing when they no longer needed to find clods of a specific size, like knowing that all of their XL clods fossils were done. How is that a good thing? It's not like you can choose which size to pull out of the rock.

Just wondering if people are changing strategy somehow when they know they only need specific clod sizes.

Well what I would do personally was to assay all the clods daily with the male assayer for which I had already found all the fossils for and kept the others for the Mysterious Lady. For example I had found all the fossils in the small and extra large clods and then went on to save 100 of the medium and large before doing those all together with her. 

I now have found all the fossils at all three sites so what I'm doing is keeping the medium, large and extra large ones for the lady in the hope that she will find the ones I still need in second fossil finds. Comments seem to say she is more likely to give you second fossil opportunities. I don't think small fossils provide much of an chance for second fossils although I haven't had enough of those to really be sure.

Message 553 of 828 (228 Views)
Sackboy
393 posts

Oct 8, 2012
Thanks Joanna, that's helpful. I'm still missing some of every size so I guess I'll cross that bridge when I get to it.
Message 554 of 828 (221 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
868 posts

Oct 8, 2012

ck2875 wrote:

Ren_Echo wrote:

Here's my results so far:

09/17/12: appraised 115 fossils

• 1st fossil: really promising extra-large, 2nd fossil: large
  • 1st fossil: slighly promising medium, 2nd fossil: medium

09/17/12: appraised 115 fossils

• 1st fossil: pretty average large, 2nd fossil: medium
  • 1st fossil: really promising, extra-large, 2nd fossil: large
  • 1st fossil: really promising large, 2nd fossil: extra-large

Note the last one. The first fossil was a Rhamphorhynchus Fragment II (L) and the second one was a Tyrannosaurus Abdomen (XL). I didn't think it was possible to get a 2nd clod larger than the first but apparantly it can happen.

What's puzzling is that I've had her appraise less fossils and gotten more 2-in-1s. I'd say it was a fluke but its happened more than once. She does seem to be more generous some days.

Thanks for this info. I am still perplexed over how the 2-in-1 clods work, and thanks for verifying that you can get a bigger fossil from a smaller one. I tend to think of it as hitting the green space on Roulette, where on the "7" days there is 2nd green slot and on the other days there is only one. I have many conspiracy theories on how the entire fossil game likely some complex algorithm, but it's probably just random luck.

Once again, I had 115 fossils appraised by the Mysterious Beauty. Wanted to go for 130 but things weren't going well as shown below and I decided to try for 130 next time. Here are the results:

10/07/12: appraised 115 fossils:

• no 2-in-1 fossils  Smiley Mad

Pretty disappointing although I did complete my stegosaurus and velociraptor.  Now that I think about it, I shouldn't have been surprised receiving a bigger fossil from a smaller one. We know that the second fossil will always be one you don't have. If you already have all the fossils equal to or smaller than the 1st fossil you would have to receive a larger one. There must be a small chance this will happen if you don't have all the smaller fossils (I didn't when it happened for me).

"...All life is transitory, a dream. We all come together in the same place, at the end of time. If I don't see you again here, I will see you, in a little while, in a place where no shadows fall." -Delenn, Baylon 5

Home-Brainiac-Winner-Ren_Echo.gif

Message 555 of 828 (196 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
1727 posts

Oct 8, 2012

So I had a visit with the mysterious lady yesterday.  I had only saved up 65 promising and very promising clods.  I got 6 new things and was able to finish my bug collection as well as the Japanese giant salamander. I even managed to get 3 2 in 1's from the girl.   The list of things needed are slowing getting smaller.  I need 1 piece for the mammoth as well as 4 pieces of the elk.  As for the smaller things I just need 3 more starfish, 4 more shellfish and 1 more piece of the Anomalocaris.  13 left to find and I have collected all that I can from the paid site.  8)

jason 1 8 0 2 1 2 8 signature
Message 556 of 828 (186 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
PlayStation MVP
2539 posts

Oct 9, 2012
Six. Days. Straight. Someone convince me not to give up, PLEASE. I'm getting sick and tired of getting the same stuff every day from the paid site, and all my free site larges consistiently being trash...

Message 557 of 828 (164 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
29264 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 9, 2012

WaveLightning777 wrote:
Six. Days. Straight. Someone convince me not to give up, PLEASE. I'm getting sick and tired of getting the same stuff every day from the paid site, and all my free site larges consistiently being trash...

How many do you need still?

What I do personally is assay after getting 100 clods together. Doing them each day with so few left would b very frustrating for me personally. The chances of getting new ones gets harder and harder. I'm at the point now where even a hundred won't guarantee that I get anything new. 

I can be persistent though. I'm no longer digging at the pay site by the way. 

Message 558 of 828 (154 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
2539 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 9, 2012

One on the T-Rex, 2 on the Mammoth, like... 5... on the Elk, At least 1 on the giant salamander, a bunch of shellfish, a few fish, a couple starfish, at least one on the anomalocris.

I've got more than just a few to go. Whats EXTREMELY annoying is that, 9 times out of 10, when I get a large at the free site, its trash. At this rate I'm gonna have to regenerate my GZ tickets... I think I can only go for 3 more days with what I have now. Doesn't help that the girl seems to hate me; I almost NEVER get anything new from her, even when I do hold onto more than just that day's dig for her.

Message 559 of 828 (141 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
29264 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 9, 2012

I know it can be very frustrating. I've had very little luck with second fossil clods and that is the only way I'm going to get the remaining shellfish.

You will need to continue to dig at the pay site until you get all the fossils there. At least that is what I did and given it says I've found them all there I see no point in spending money on tickets unless someone knows there is a better chance of getting second fossil finds there. 

I've simply resolved myself to the fact that this could take a long time but over time I will get what I want. Fossil digging is work but it does give me a reason to log into Home each morning. To me it's a lot like Aurora XP from the point of view of visiting everyday and as with Aurora it can take a lot of time. 

If I do get my remaining ones soon I'll miss the routine and the daily visits. I suppose I'll just find something else to keep me going. EDO is beckoning but I've yet to start there. I will at some point. I'm also starting to see some images from Home Tycoon and those are surprisingly interesting so I might try that out at some point as well. So many on my list are playing it. 

For now my focus is on fossils and RE6. Smiley Wink

Message 560 of 828 (134 Views)
0 Likes