Shinra Executive
29271 posts

Re: Granzella Fossil Collection and Guide

[ Edited ]
Jul 8, 2012

SirNinjaBoy wrote:

Great guide! Does anyone know of a digging method that allows you 3

successful digs with only 2-3 of legendary tools purchased?  Cat LOL

Someone posted that you can do it with the first three legendary tools – from the latest release – in the list.

Pick Axe

Hammer and Stake

Shovel

Personally I haven't tried it.

Message 31 of 828 (728 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2781 posts

Jul 8, 2012

SirNinjaBoy wrote:

Great guide! Does anyone know of a digging method that allows you 3

successful digs with only 2-3 of legendary tools purchased?  Cat LOL

Tarazuma above mentioned she used Pickaxe, Chisel, Shovel x 3 to get three fossils.

I'm not too sure what a chisel is, I'm guessing the hammer and stake, but I havent tried so cant definitely confirm that, but you may wish to try. It will be nice to only have to purchase 3 of the Legendary tools, however, you would miss out on the extra rarity bonuses you would get for owning all 5.

Good luck though, and hope it works    Smiley Happy

Message 32 of 828 (721 Views)
Fender Bender
2961 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 8, 2012

Tarazuma wrote:

I don't know what strider367 is talking about, the rocks do NOT have their own place in the museum.

Hmmm what's this a showcase of rocks? Actually there not just rocks. There fossils that look like rocks.

Mermaid the first 2 in your picture are just rocks. But doesn't the 3rd one you pictured look like the one on the bottom right? Since this game is still in the early stage here. I just generalized here pointing out these are not just rocks. I should have been more pacific.

AlphaZone4.com | Home Item Database
Map
Map

Schlachlen-Haus fünf ................................

Message 33 of 828 (716 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2781 posts

Jul 8, 2012

strider367 wrote:

Tarazuma wrote:

I don't know what strider367 is talking about, the rocks do NOT have their own place in the museum.

Hmmm what's this a showcase of rocks? Actually there not just rocks. There fossils that look like rocks.

Mermaid the first 2 in your picture are just rocks. But doesn't the 3rd one you pictured look like the one on the bottom right? Since this game is still in the early stage here. I just generalized here pointing out these are not just rocks. I should have been more pacific...

They do look similar, but  this display are for the corals. The one bottom right I think is the half chain coral rock, which is different from the 3 that I have on the wooden table. The 3 on the wooden table are just normal rocks, and not part of the coral collection Smiley Happy

Message 34 of 828 (700 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1023 posts

Jul 8, 2012

strider367 wrote:

Tarazuma wrote:

Mermaid the first 2 in your picture are just rocks. But doesn't the 3rd one you pictured look like the one on the bottom right?

Yeah, those look like rocks because they are coral fossils.

In the first place, where do you see any of the junk rocks there?

Message 35 of 828 (700 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2961 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 8, 2012

Yes  I'm sure your right. I'm not very good with written Japanese.

Before people get all excited about this game. Maybe you should point out the overall costs this little project is going to be. To-date this little adventure in JP Home has cost me over $140.00. Making this the most expensive game in Home. I'm not sure people here will be so willing to go that far with this..

As I pointed out here; http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-Home-General/The-Granzella-fossil-game-A-warning-...

nagon111 do you speak Japanese? If you do I would be very happy to let you translate what I missed.

Map
Map

Message 36 of 828 (694 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Fender Bender
2760 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 8, 2012

I bought all the tools and charm with each update. I have been methodically digging since release, including early alt 2nd site access.  I also bought the Hideaway on release day. I have also saved clods for the girl regularly. I have NEVER received  2 fossils in a clod from the girl. I have only received 3 corals so far. I have NO mammoth fossils. Last night when I turned in 6 clods to the girl I  got 2 large rocks, a small rock,  a rusty can, and 2 poplar leaves. This was after 3 missed days of digging.

This has been typical. I usually dig around midnight EST. 

I also have noticed that I am only finding the seaweed head in the sea. 

I suspect these fossil rewards may have a daily or hourly time cycle similar to Lockwood, or the cumulative daily Aurora XP system.  Perhaps certain rare items may require a set number of consecutive visits before unlocking. It seems to me that if I miss a few days, the fossils reset to the most common. 

Anyone willing to work with me to try and decipher the underlying system, please pm me through the Forum. I do not believe the system is in any way random.

Posted Image

Message 37 of 828 (673 Views)
0 Likes
Shinra Executive
29271 posts

Jul 8, 2012

What I do is usually save up all my fossils for the girl. Now that I get 6 a day I suspect I'll have 60 to assay on the 17th. At least that is the way I prefer to do it.

Smiley Happy

And for what it's worth I usually do my fossil collecting in the morning. I did get another extra large clod this morning which makes me happy. 

Message 38 of 828 (667 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2961 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 8, 2012

I've been trying to figure out if there is a pattern like that since last year. But there isn't they release fossils when there good and ready. Wait for the GZ ticket site to open up. And be prepared to pay for the same rocks your getting now over and over and over again. After you wasted well over $30.00 for nothing. You will be tickled pink about this game then I'm sure.

I have everything except 2 dinosaur fossils. That has cost me upwards of $50.00 in GZ tickets alone. With no end in sight.....

ITCOB1 wrote:

Anyone willing to work with me to try anddecipher the underlying system, please pm me through the Forum. I do not believethr system is in any way random.

There makes no difference between whether you have the girl do the appraisals or the guy. Daily appraisals worked just fine for me.

Map
Map

Message 39 of 828 (666 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3241 posts

Jul 8, 2012

Mermaid not only did you knock this one out the park, it was a grandslam, bottom of the 9th, 2 outs, game 7, world series caliber post. KUDO's...^ High 5's, Conffetti and balloons, and oh before I forget....

KANYE_WEST_ANIM.png

Kanye West just called and said he, "was gonna let me finish...but this is the greatest thread of all time". !

Message 40 of 828 (651 Views)