Survivor
2587 posts

Re: Goodbye My Friend

Oct 2, 2012
I'm so sorry to hear this Smiley Sad

A PSN friend is like a real friend to me, no matter what. I feel what you feel. I give all my condolences to her friends and family in this tragic accident. RIP another great user of PS Home. You will me missed.

Smiley Sad
Message 71 of 84 (466 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1668 posts

Oct 3, 2012
Sorry for your loss Dean, I lost a good friend on Home as well, so know the feeling, Smiley Sad So sorry.
Message 72 of 84 (439 Views)
I Only Post Everything
555 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 3, 2012

Wow.  I'm wiping away tears as I'm reading this thread.  It doesn't help that the subject line of this thread matches a lyric from The Alan Parsons Project's "Time", one of my favorite sad songs ever.  Truly heartbreaking.  I'm so sorry for your loss Dean and offer my prayers and condolences to Laura's family, fiancee and friends.  I never had the chance to know Laura, but probably passed by saw her unknowingly on Home from time to time.

Its amazing that we know these people a half a country, sometimes a half a world away and when something tragic befalls them it hits just as hard and hurts just as much as if it happened to a person we interacted with in real life.  Say what you will about the pros and cons of social media and applications such as Home or even Facebook, its comforting to know that for every insensitive "keyboard Rambo" out there are many more wonderful people who do care, keeping alive the spirit of people like Laura McDermott.

May she rest in peace and may God bless and watch over her family.

Cat Sad

Photobucket
Message 73 of 84 (421 Views)
First Son
2 posts

Oct 3, 2012

Wow. This post has made me realize that life is too short to be wasted and that I should spend my time with my friends and family while I can Smiley Sad

My deepest thoughts go out to you Dean and the Family of Laura.

-Brandan

Message 74 of 84 (361 Views)
Survivor
1454 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 6, 2012

Thanks everybody.  

Thanks ILLUMIN-X for supplying information about Laura's accident.

Thanks Trawnza for thoroughly cleaning up that thread when you merged it with this one.

Thanks for the kind words Tony, Mike, everyone.  I think I recall a thread about your friend Mike, maybe a year or so ago.  Made me  appreciate my Home friends a little more, sort of like what CoolMe was talking about.

Thanks whoever GETUPKEEPONGOLNG is.  I'm sure Laura wouldn't have minded using her name to promote a cause she believed in.  I know it took quite a bit of research to come up with that information.

But OMG Ann, are you trying to make me cry?  I was in college when that Alan Parsons Project came out.  That particular song, "Time", I listened to at least one million times but haven't heard or thought of it in years.  What a blast from the past.  You made me look it up and play it, and "Goodbye my friend, maybe for forever..." almost killed me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2fTKhZIH2oU

Thanks again.  Smiley Happy  Dean

Posted Image
Message 75 of 84 (336 Views)
Last Guardian
11297 posts

Oct 3, 2012

Digitman3 wrote:

Instead, I was informed by an unnamed sender, that my friend had been killed in a hit and run car accident, that she was greatly loved, missed, and deserved so much better.

Life sometimes can be so deceiving, but it can end in a split second...

I myself am passing through a difficult time, may she Rest in Peace and never be forgotten.

Message 76 of 84 (319 Views)
First Son
29 posts

Oct 3, 2012
rip Laura Smiley Sad
Message 77 of 84 (310 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
10662 posts

Oct 3, 2012
Hi Tables, hope things get better for you soon Smiley Sad
New PSN ID for PS4: Redd-Axel

Come check out my Twitch TV channel, will be streaming various PS4 games from time to time http://www.twitch.tv/reddaxel
Message 78 of 84 (302 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1668 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 4, 2012

It just goes to show you how precious life really is, and how much friends and family really mean, sometimes we take life for granted, and we never know, that one split second can change our entire life forever.

Live life to the fullest and enjoy the moment, Smiley Happy On a bright side.

Message 79 of 84 (265 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1104 posts

Oct 5, 2012
I read your post again and now im sad again..Smiley Sad
This is relevant to my inetrest
Message 80 of 84 (228 Views)
0 Likes