Feb 02 2009
By: BLACKBIBLE Fender Bender 3158 posts

Go Home and Go Home

105 replies 28 views Edited Feb 2, 2009

It's Funny, but I knew it would happen. I remember a time when everyone was Waiting for Playstation Home to come out. People where going nuts about it. Cursing out Sony for delaying it for so Long, begging to be a beta tester. Basically everything under the sun. My favorite time is when weeks before Sony started picking New Beta testers  People started making Fake I got an invite threads LOL those were the days. Anyway the point is Now that you have it I rarely see anyone on my buddy list using it. I mean sure when a new app comes out a lot of people go there to down load but other then that I really don't see much happening which leads me to believe that I was right about something I said in a thread I wrote a while ago. Which was The rule of want... Meaning I want this because no one else had it. Lets be honestly a lot of you wanted That Gold Beta Tester Tag by your name. You want to be someone special it the Home community am I right?

Honestly why did you want Home? That's my question. And don't give me that B.S about it being the revolution of gaming, because I don't think some of you know what that means. I ask this because I believe some of you may have miss the point of Home.

Which is.... To reach out to other in a new and better way, to further close a social gap. Let me ask another question Do you hide the fact that your a gamer from people you meet in life? See I believe other then young teens and pro Gamers there's a lot of older people who play games, but are afraid to admit it, to another person or cover up the fact that they love playing video games by saying they only play a little am I right. If so you shouldn't be ashamed of being a gamer, because no matter what your not a lone. And I think Playstation Home is the one place were you can truly be yourself. 

I've made friends all over the world thru Home, and I thank Sony for that. Soon I wont be playing my playstation and visiting the forum that much anymore, because I have to  work harder on my movie Career, but No matter what I'm goanna always be a Gamer at Heart. So please when you get a chance GO HOME AND GO HOME   Oh and I still want you guys to answer my questions. So please post away.

Sincerely Blackbible,

GamerFitNation.com
Message 1 of 106 (28 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5108 posts

Re: Go Home and Go Home

Feb 2, 2009
Nice post as always Bible.  Well, I would say I like to use Home to meet other players that have just as much fun as I do playing games. Basicly what Home was made to be. BTW the reason why I haven't been on much is because I have a new computer.  
Message 2 of 106 (28 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1239 posts

Feb 2, 2009

I agree with you 100% In home I can be myself. In the real world, I only bought my ps3 because I wanted a blueray player. All those games I got, I didnt buy em, My friend that moved left his stuff ya know????

My sig
Message 3 of 106 (28 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
15807 posts

Feb 2, 2009

Completely agree.

I never understood the big deal about the rank.  Some of the people here would just keep asking where the rank is for them.  Who cares.  

If you truly wanted to get in to help, why the hell would that thing matter?  Stupid.  I was stuck with that rank for almost 2 years.  You really think I enjoyed it?  Getting cursed out by haters in my PM inbox and getting harrassed to share it everyday. 

And then when some of the idiots got their stupid little rank, they would post about it and just show it off like they were actually something.  When they didn't have it, they whined like a 2 year old.  Pathetic.   

Who cares.  We're all forumers and gamers here, none more special than the other.  No user here truly has an inside track to anything. 

That rank stuck out like an eyesore to go with that rank color.  It was more of a burden than anything.  Ask any day 1 tester.  They'll tell you how much having that rank hurt sometimes.  When we would post on this board, we would get flamed because of the haters.  Stupid.  Go ask them why they avoided coming to this board like it was the bubonic plague.

As you can see now, a lot of the people just wanted it because they thought it was some status garbage on this forum.  Dumb.  Who cares about such aestetic stuff like that?   

Apparently many do.  There was a lot of 2 faced garbage going around here then.  And there is still a lot of 2 faced garbage going on now.  Will it ever change?  No of course not.  To think it will would be pure ignorance.  

Look at all the whiners that wanted home "so bad and would use it everyday" even though many testers kept telling them "I highly doubt you would use it like you claim" and look at where they are now.  They are nowhere to be found on this board.  Thinking they really knew what home was until they finally got hands on time with it.  

I'm glad the forum is sort of where it is right now.  It definitely filtered out the 2 faced people and the whiners.  The perpetual complainers pre OB finally got a taste, and left.  The trash took themselves out.  Good riddance for the most part.  The "survivors" of this board are still here lurking around.  You know you cannot leave this place that easily.  A lot of them don't post nearly as much anymore because of how things have turned out (app wise and forum wise).  

Is there any truth to the passage right above?  We'll let the replies to this thread speak for themselves.

Great topic bro.  Love it.  I always expressed this opinion in other threads, but never thought about fleshing it out more into a full fledged thread.  

Thank you. 

Message 4 of 106 (28 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1148 posts

Feb 2, 2009

I didnt get to be a beta tester util the last week of closed beta so I didnt get the tag. Also alot of people were over hyped because of all the things Phil Harrison showed at E3 in 2007. That was where they showed the trophy room,media shring etc...

I have riden the whole wave and even tough I sometimes grew impatient I held up until I got in. Home has alot of potential it just hasnt gotten there yet.

Message Edited by egonadrian on 02-02-2009 12:19 AM
Message 5 of 106 (28 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
15807 posts

Feb 2, 2009
Thanks egon!  Although I have to admit, not sure with the "tipper" part of your response.
Message 6 of 106 (28 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1148 posts

Feb 2, 2009

jiggyteddy wrote:

Completely agree.

I never understood the big deal about the rank.  Some of the people here would just keep asking where the rank is for them.  Who cares.  

If you truly wanted to get in to help, why the hell would that thing matter?  Stupid.  I was stuck with that rank for almost 2 years.  You really think I enjoyed it?  Getting cursed out by haters in my PM inbox and getting harassed to share it everyday. 

And then when some of the idiots got their stupid little rank, they would post about it and just show it off like they were actually something.  When they didn't have it, they whined like a 2 year old.  Pathetic.   

Who cares.  We're all formers and gamers here, none more special than the other.  No user here truly has an inside track to anything. 

That rank stuck out like an eyesore to go with that rank color.  It was more of a burden than anything.  Ask any day 1 tester.  They'll tell you how much having that rank hurt sometimes.  When we would post on this board, we would get flamed because of the haters.  Stupid.  Go ask them why they avoided coming to this board like it was the bubonic plague.

As you can see now, a lot of the people just wanted it because they thought it was some status garbage on this forum.  Dumb.  Who cares about such aestetic stuff like that?   

Apparently many do.  There was a lot of 2 faced garbage going around here then.  And there is still a lot of 2 faced garbage going on now.  Will it ever change?  No of course not.  To think it will would be pure ignorance.  

Look at all the whiners that wanted home "so bad and would use it everyday" even though many testers kept telling them "I highly doubt you would use it like you claim" and look at where they are now.  They are nowhere to be found on this board.  Thinking they really knew what home was until they finally got hands on time with it.  

I'm glad the forum is sort of where it is right now.  It definitely filtered out the 2 faced people and the whiners.  The perpetual complainers pre OB finally got a taste, and left.  The trash took themselves out.  Good riddance for the most part.  The "survivors" of this board are still here lurking around.  You know you cannot leave this place that easily.  A lot of them don't post nearly as much anymore because of how things have turned out (app wise and forum wise).  

Is there any truth to the passage right above?  We'll let the replies to this thread speak for themselves.

Great topic bro.  Love it.  I always expressed this opinion in other threads, but never thought about fleshing it out more into a full fledged thread.  

Thank you. 

Good Post Teddy!!! I was there done that some people used to look at beta testers like gods others like trash because some would show it off. And now that everybody has Home the ones that were complaining were just let down.
Message Edited by egonadrian on 02-02-2009 12:26 AM
Message 7 of 106 (28 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1148 posts

Feb 2, 2009

jiggyteddy wrote:
Thanks egon!  Although I have to admit, not sure with the "tipper" part of your response.

Doh!!!

Just edited.

Message 8 of 106 (28 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
15807 posts

Feb 2, 2009

egonadrian wrote:

jiggyteddy wrote:

Doh!!!

Just edited.

Ahhh very nice, thanks for the clarification there!

Message 9 of 106 (28 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
211 posts

Feb 2, 2009

Personally, I don't get it at all.

Whats the big deal about a tag next to your name?

Whats the big deal if you have 400, 600, hell 800 trophies?

I don't play games to collect trophies, I play games for enjoyment.

Who cares if you got in on Beta?

If they hadn't put Home on this Open Beta I would have waited until a full release (not that its ever going to be a real full release)

Beta testing generally sucks...It crashes, it freezes, it drives you batty, it can't screw up your entire system.

Also, Who the hell is afraid of saying they are a gamer?

Most of the people I meet are happy to talk about games with me...

We kind of take glory in are  our geekdom together. ( stupid hononyms)

Message Edited by MurderPrincessK on 02-02-2009 12:39 AM
Photobucket
Message 10 of 106 (28 Views)
0 Likes