Highlighted
Oct 26 2009
By: Versace_Raver Uncharted Territory 1932 posts

Giving the forums a physical presence in Home.

31 replies 6 views Edited Oct 26, 2009

Now many of you could agree with me that the number of users who use the Home forums only make up a small number of the PSN community that sign into home. We could call ourselves the Home regulars.

A lot of the; issues, suggestions, events, etc. brought up on the forums, are only knowledge to us regulars.

Now I think a lot more people would start to post/ become more involved in the forums, and home over all, if it had a greater physical presence in Home.

So here is what I suggest.

Turn the ever so bland Gamer's Lounge, into a forum space. An internet cafe if you will. We already know that there are 2 places to access an "In Home" web browser. The uncharted 2 space, and the alumni hub. Why not put some internet terminals and some music. People will be curious, go to the space, and give the forums more traffic.

Just a suggestion. What do you guys think?

Message 1 of 32 (6 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1804 posts

Re: Giving the forums a physical presence in Home.

Oct 26, 2009
I second that notion
Call Of Duty: Black Ops FTW !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Daisy May Dixon 10~4~10
My Loving Dog

Join the Helghast Army today!
Message 2 of 32 (6 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
3274 posts

Oct 26, 2009
yup, thats a great idea.
 photo rsz_pshomeless1_zpst3ouqfpg.png
Message 3 of 32 (6 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6846 posts

Oct 26, 2009
I agree. I think it'd be a great idea. Of course I'm sure we can come up with some interesting ways of going about it . . . perhaps a HUGE screen too that shows (either live or updated ever 5 minutes or so?) the forum front page!
"I want to fly, into the sky
Turn my back on this whole world and leave it all behind
This place is not my home. It's got nothing for me
Only leaves me with emptiness And tears in my eyes"

PSMVP: Motivated. Vigilant. Passionate.
Message 4 of 32 (6 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4841 posts

Oct 26, 2009
There's a browser in the mall to I do believe when you click full screen on the pulse video under it is Link think few other videos threw got it to.. But what I would like to see is a browser in the inventory or somewhere in the start menu or maybe in the select menu it can be linked to the forums or you can change sites.. And the Gamers Lounge could be turned into a Internet internet cafe' to get some use out of it.

Message Edited by smack69er on 10-26-2009 03:38 PM
♣♦

The Realm Of AnarchY

♠♥
Message 5 of 32 (6 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
346 posts

Oct 26, 2009

Versace_Raver wrote:

Now many of you could agree with me that the number of users who use the Home forums only make up a small number of the PSN community that sign into home. We could call ourselves the Home regulars.

A lot of the; issues, suggestions, events, etc. brought up on the forums, are only knowledge to us regulars.

Now I think a lot more people would start to post/ become more involved in the forums, and home over all, if it had a greater physical presence in Home.

So here is what I suggest.

Turn the ever so bland Gamer's Lounge, into a forum space. An internet cafe if you will. We already know that there are 2 places to access an "In Home" web browser. The uncharted 2 space, and the alumni hub. Why not put some internet terminals and some music. People will be curious, go to the space, and give the forums more traffic.

Just a suggestion. What do you guys think?

I am a "Home Regular" I was long before I even became aware of the forums. I cannot tell you how many people I myself have metioned the forums to that had no idea what I was talking about, some have even recently come to the forums to look at and respond to a few of my threads to support my opinions.

So YES, I totally agree with your idea. 1.. Because it would get more people to participate with the forums, and 2..Your right, The gamers lounge is pretty BLAH... the 2 glass rooms upstairs would be perfect for this.

Message 6 of 32 (6 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
384 posts

Oct 26, 2009

I think this is actually a really cool idea.

having internet browser terminals in Home that are fixed(?) at the official forums seems a little redundant, but it would be great if there was some kind of bulletin board/message board for home users to post ads and invites, or just have discussions. easy way to say you're looking for some m8s to play blank in blank hours.

and ideally this could be tied into the official Home forums.

well I don't know, just brainstorming

Message 7 of 32 (6 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
739 posts

Oct 26, 2009

Repurposing the Gamers' Lounge is a good idea, but I wonder if there would be enough potential here for a whole new space, the Home Headquarters. (Please feel free to suggest a less lame title.) This would be similar to our late beloved Xi Hub, and would include:

• Web terminals for browsing the Forumsand other Home-related sites
  • Movie screens with Home-related videos
  • Tutorial kiosks, with instructions on things like the camera
  • "Live" avatars, or virtual AI avatars (animated manikins), modeling the latest clothing
  • Lots of Guidesto answer questions
  • Scheduled events -- discussions, presentations, etc.

In addition, the space could include portals into samples of all the personal spaces, nicely furnished with stuff from the Mall, so people could tour them before buying.

So... what do you think?

Seal

Message 8 of 32 (6 Views)
PlayStation MVP
633 posts

Oct 26, 2009
Sorry OP. But Seal 1 upd ya. Awesome idea. A little addition to it though. How about making it the biggest space with doors that lead to the spaces on your world map. One that would lead to the traditional CP and those spaces. The virtual pvt space tour space would be sweet. Lol! It would make travel between all the spaces more fluid. Call it the Home Concourse or Home Grand Central. P.L.U.R!
Message 9 of 32 (6 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1865 posts

Oct 26, 2009
I think an in-game bulletin board would be a much better idea. The biggest problem with Home is that it doesn't really feel like a community. It's just a large group of users divided up into different instances. What do you do to solve this? You break down the barrier that instances create by installing a bulletin board in the middle of the Central Plaza. Users could submit a bulletin and wait for it to be reviewed by a moderator. The board would have a limited amount of space, to make sure it doesn't overflow with bulletins. How about it?
Message 10 of 32 (6 Views)
0 Likes