Shinra Executive
29271 posts

Re: Girl Gamer type Friends

[ Edited ]
Jan 26, 2014

Not a good idea to add people you haven't met or had a chance to get to know. At least that is how I deal with adds when it comes to my friends list. 

Message 11 of 30 (435 Views)
Lombax Warrior
134 posts

Jan 26, 2014
Weeeellllcome. I use to be a hardcore gamer but when ya have babies and life takes over it's not the same. I still play COD, Saints Row, Mass Effect just not as much as I use to.
Message 12 of 30 (430 Views)
First Son
11 posts

Jan 26, 2014

home does have minigames all through it though...right?

I guess that's what I was talking about. I do play full games as well, a wierd collection of them & would totally play online with buds.

It isn't always easy getting street cred when you identify as a girl gamer- dudes will add you just to hit on you, no one expects you to play 'real' games and natch assume you are frivolous if you play the socials at all. Playing online they think you are a dude using female avi, are 12, or japanese, or all of these.

I've been playing video games since the 80's...back then gamestop employees (always dudes)  when asked what the latest game was, or recommendations on what I might like to play would always point me towards stuff like home decorating software, cooking mama & sims. Then sneer about it, critisize every game I talk about playing (even the dude games), or hit on me.

To be honest even my name here...is because of some dude. 

I got the first gen of playstations, because... backwards compatible. Six months or so after having my account a boyfriend moves in, with me. A year later I kick him out for being a loser and he takes my playstation account with all the games and stuff I had paid for before and during our relationship. 

I called sony, went through channels, ect. but I didn't even know until 2-3 weeks after he had theived my account. (as I was busy working to pay for the stuff he stole, rent and bills he stuck me with) 

He changed all the information he could, but also he knew my stuff, my birthday, my social, all of it so it was pretty easy for him to tell sony it was his account.

They gave it to him, I had to make a new one, and my box was banned from playstation online for like a year or something.

So this is why my name sux- why I have no friends despite logging many hours gametime, and why I haven't been using the online stuff forever- that whole incident burned AND stung.

-eve
Message 13 of 30 (410 Views)
Fender Bender
1747 posts

Jan 26, 2014

Welp ... I don't call myself a girl gamer ... I call myself a gamer, PERIOD. I just happen to be female. Smiley Very Happy

And Yes, I know the pain of going into a GameStop and have the clerks point to me to the "lite fare" of gaming. There is a niche for everything ... then once I start talking shop, they shut up! The store guys know me better now ... If they see me now, we would now start talking about gameplay, graphics and mechanics.

As for your console situation, everything, I'm so sorry. I don;t want to ever part with my CECHA01 (backwards compatiblity RAWKS). Pretty soon, our household with have two 1st gens because my husband want to play his Tales Of series with the original discs and not thru emulators.

Message 14 of 30 (400 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
383 posts

Jan 26, 2014

purple is jealous of me

Message 15 of 30 (395 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
14721 posts

Jan 26, 2014

I'm not a girl gamer, but I would love to welcome you to the PlayStation Community Forums and its Home category.

forumsignature1.png
Playstation Telephone Hours: Monday-Friday 8:00am-8:00pm PST (Closed on Saturdays & Sundays)
Customer Service - 1-800-345-7669
Account and Billing Support - 1-877-971-7669
Sony Rewards - 1-888-715-7669

Message 16 of 30 (386 Views)
First Son
11 posts

Jan 26, 2014

is ok,the incident didn't stop me. I still have the big booty first gen ps3 I bought so so many years ago. Console wierdly means more to me now that we went through some stuff together, war buddies.  When ps4 comes to stay big3 is going to the upstairs game room to retire in luxury.

-eve
Message 17 of 30 (380 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2760 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 27, 2014

Welcome to Home and the Home general forum. I would recommend playing the miniBots game at Serenity Park. There are a number of committed regulars there. The game is a shooter and accommodates up to 8 players. I meet most of the "gamers" in Home playing games.

Posted Image

Message 18 of 30 (332 Views)
Sackboy
444 posts

Jan 27, 2014

ArcadePro_1 wrote:

I want you to add me my gamers tag is Arcadepro_1

dude did you really type that anyone that uses the forum would know the name u use to post is your psn wheres the palm to face emoticon when we need it 

Message 19 of 30 (266 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1051 posts

Jan 27, 2014

ArcadePro_1 wrote:

purple is jealous of me

Looks like we need to start planning a PSHome Wedding everyone.

Astrocytoma can ruin my life but it can't break my spirit...Ghost minded and in the Shadows. Don't get it? yeah thats because it isn't normal.
Message 20 of 30 (248 Views)
0 Likes