Jan 26 2014
By: everythingsux First Son 11 posts

Girl Gamer type Friends

29 replies 706 views Edited Jan 26, 2014

I may be a little past girlhood irl but I AM a girly gamer. I have the lockwood gifty thing and have sent freebies to the couple friends I have...who are dudes and don't send stuff back to me. Cat Frustrated

I see girl avi's walking about in x7 who look super cute but standing around with a bubble machine waving at folks & dancing is...maybe a little boring for me. I like to run around and do stuff, even though I hardly know what I am doing most of the time. lol (eternal noob) Robot Happy

I know what you are thinking... hang out, talk, play, make friends naturally....but this isn't a natch environment it is the uber, the net, the digital oasis of home in a desert of cold hard factiods....so here is my thing.

I am funny, helpful, or if not helpful I will at least run around with you so we are lost together. I am on 2-3 days out of the week, I do send presents out, free so far but I do have complimentary tokens. Thinking of starting a club, if only to buy a super cool clubhouse that gifts on entry. (avalon keep maybe, unless suggestions for a cooler one with awesome gifts n stuff pops in here)

I am not looking for any sex type talk or a boyfriend- I prefer the company of women esp. in gamer space because they will squee over your new pink hair, while helping you snipe nazi's.

Plus member with headphones & keyboard, can type and interact like a boss. My avi looks a lot like me when I was 21 but with a unicorn pal and hoverboard. lurve her. Gaming skills medium to ok depending on game- am super good at FPS sniping, currently playing outside of home- katamari forever & borderlands 2 

My handle is everythingsux

-eve
Message 1 of 30 (706 Views)
Uncharted Territory
892 posts

Re: Girl Gamer type Friends

Jan 26, 2014
I thought you were basing yourself being a girl gamer from using home. I was gonna say ummm............ I wouldn't consider myself a girl gamer and I am level 6 in trophies. Using a home makes you a digital socialite and far from a girl gamer if that is the only game you play.
nelsig
Message 2 of 30 (682 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4056 posts

Jan 26, 2014

nelsonshawn wrote:
I thought you were basing yourself being a girl gamer from using home. I was gonna say ummm............ I wouldn't consider myself a girl gamer and I am level 6 in trophies. Using a home makes you a digital socialite and far from a girl gamer if that is the only game you play.

She did mention she was playing 2 games OUTSIDE of Home in the last sentence of her post. Just wanted to throw that out there. It's her first post. Maybe tap the breaks a little? Smiley Happy Welcome to the forums, OP!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 3 of 30 (672 Views)
Uncharted Territory
892 posts

Jan 26, 2014
Add me up and we can play. Actually been looking for other girls to play with.
nelsig
Message 4 of 30 (667 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
892 posts

Jan 26, 2014
I wasn't trying to be mean. I said I thought she was basing it off using home. Was just mentioning it cause I have heard other girls say they are girl gamers that only use home. Just ranting lol not directed to her, just in general.
nelsig
Message 5 of 30 (661 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4550 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 26, 2014

Welcome to the forums. Not a gamer girl myself, but can I just add you? Smiley Tongue

<

photo evolve_zps9e0e8f3e.jpg

Welcoming Committee   

Message 6 of 30 (657 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
383 posts

Jan 26, 2014

I want you to add me my gamers tag is Arcadepro_1

Message 7 of 30 (638 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2989 posts

Jan 26, 2014

I hate the expression "girl gamer". Do we call males "boy gamers"?

I'm not much of a gamer or trophy hound, but I greatly enjoy the games that I play - no FPS. I consider those "guy-type games" or even "teenage boy type games". I don't care who calls me sexist. If believing there are differences (other than the strictly physical) makes me a sexist in your eyes, so be it.

If these statements seems inconsistent, all I can do is quote Ralph Waldo Emerson. “A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds, adored by little statesmen and philosophers and divines.”

The above comment is my opinion, unless I state a fact. You can disagree with my opinion, but facts are facts.
Message 8 of 30 (624 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1146 posts

Jan 26, 2014
Don't add "Pro" regardless. He is a rotten little boy who wants attention to any girl he sees and reads on home.

Sincerely.
Message 9 of 30 (615 Views)
Fender Bender
1747 posts

Jan 26, 2014

WELCOME to Forums, everything! To be quite honest, your situation was very similiar to mine when I started to game on the PS in 2011. Waaay back then, I was intimidated by "too many button" combos, so I would never play on the PS (I had prefered my Wii back then because it was simple). Then, once I fell from grace (a.k.a plugged the PS 3 console in my house for the 1st time), my rl brother showed me this "PS Home" concept. So I started playing around in Home, liking Orb Run and much simplier games. The more I started to get comfortable with the controller, the adventurous I got.I totally miss this place NOW, but I started getting into sniping because of the Killzone 3 event space. Then I dove head long into Borderlands - I'm a sniping fool. (I'm still into puzzle games and disc-based Singstar - if you gotta voice, use it to GAME with, eh? That's what a college education should be for ... LOL!)  I'm play GOW and platformers as well. Now, I prefer the PS3 and I game much more than my rl SO.

So OK, I don't ware much pink on Home (in fact, much of what I wear are actually IS black because of working in film or theater). I let my bff @war_necro  wear much of the pink because it's her favorite color.  Smiley Happy

So everything, I totally encourage you to explore your horizons in gaming, inside and out of Home. & It's ok to be ... YOU! Smiley Very Happy

Message 10 of 30 (605 Views)