Hi. Smiley Surprised

x__Vee__x's Streambadge

Message 22 of 30 (439 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
11 posts

Re: Girl Gamer type Friends

Jan 28, 2014

actually, by calling yourself vickie, a girls name, you identify yourself on home and in all MO's as a female. So...you do kind of go around telling everyone you are a girl gamer. Notice how my name isn't gender specific at all? yeah.........that's why I say I am female in forums like this where you can't see that my avi is female. 

and anyway, if you aren't interested at all then how come the big fancy post babe? I mean you put a picture up there and everything - I'm kind of flattered at how much effort you put into that. With slightly more effort you could have clicked all the way back to my linked up fbook accounts and all, seen that I AM a female person, that I'm totally cute & funny, that I teach art classes & sing, that I have 2 shorthair exotic persians and a littler of kittens on the way. No you can't have one, because you are mean to people. God knows how you treat animals.

The negativity can get really stifling, I mean for every post there's like 1 honest answer, 3 griefers, 2 rule police trying to get you in trouble & at least one hijacker asking about something totally different in your topic. Every forum is like this I guess I just expected better from fellow gamers.

Posters in here really grief the motivation right out of a body, why even be on home if it is filled with mean hearted people?

This is what I've seen in 3-4 recent threads similar to mine-

Folks log into the forum, honestly looking for a person or two to play online with...are told to keep hanging out and make friends natural.

Wha wha Wha WHAT?

How can...Why would...I mean....

Is the answer really to hang out getting hazed/treated badly for an unknown amount of time until someone decides one is 'reg' enough to stick up for? That is a bleak initiation ritual ya'll. Or no, the answer is, keep going to home kick rocks alone and maybe you make a friend...but you aren't getting one here, what we have for you here sounds like advice but really it's rejection. No matter how personal, touching or funny your stuff is...yeah you just keep tryin' kid...maybe you make a friend...but you DEF getting griefed in this here forum.

I'm sure sony might prefer a group of helpful, cheerful, FRIENDLY ppl, that play with ya, show you the ropes & make ya want to be on home to spend a bunch of money. Not just sony but all those little companies making stuff that I have friended on fbook.

I've actually made some friends on home-not with any of the advice givers .. fancy that... but I have. (IRL I have many friends, the gamers I know use x-boxes and I just...can't do it)

I come here looking for updates that happened during last nights shut down and found this 'welcome to the forum' bit of happiness from Hello_vickie.

who sounds very suspiciously like the dude who was calling everyone a catfish like...yesterday.

-eve
Message 23 of 30 (387 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4410 posts

Jan 28, 2014
everythingsux has a point. The majority here say the usual soundbytes in an attempt to look like an upstanding community person when all they have to do is say "hey, I'll hang out with you! no catches or events just hanging out, yeah!" I can't say I'm much better as I'm currently unable to offer that kindness towards anybody in Home Smiley Tongue maybe after my rebate comes through I'll get a PS3 again and do that.

Jersquall: Any new news on Home on PS4 yet?

Tempest_Fire: Due to a shifting landscape, PlayStation Home will cease publishing new content on November 12, 2014.

@conrad_max

Message 24 of 30 (377 Views)
First Son
11 posts

Jan 28, 2014

yes thank you!

Would have been super fly to hear something like- 'me and my gang of peeps will be practicing spells on the hogwarts express tonight around 7est- come round and we will be glad to petrify you, I mean...duel you.'

-eve
Message 25 of 30 (345 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
566 posts

Jan 28, 2014

everythingsux wrote:

yes thank you!

Would have been super fly to hear something like- 'me and my gang of peeps will be practicing spells on the hogwarts express tonight around 7est- come round and we will be glad to petrify you, I mean...duel you.'

You can add me if you like although I'm not Female. I don't hang out much but I can offer some hospitality. There are a few Personal Spaces with guest rewards that you are more than welcome to pick up. Hollyridge has a sled LMO and ice skates LMO and if I can muster up the patience to chop wood, Bramblenook has a Lute LMO. There are a couple with Furniture as well if your interested.

As for other games, I still play UC3 with some friends once in a while.  I will warn you though...nothing is sacred in those conversations so if your one those that is perpetually offended, you would be better off muting us.

Message 26 of 30 (318 Views)
First Son
8 posts

Jan 28, 2014

so... whats the point of this thread that your a girl and looking for girl type friends? fyi alot guys tend to impersonate a girl so good luck!

Message 27 of 30 (312 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
11 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 28, 2014

ninjato-666 wrote:

You can add me if you like although I'm not Female. I don't hang out much but I can offer some hospitality. There are a few Personal Spaces with guest rewards that you are more than welcome to pick up. Hollyridge has a sled LMO and ice skates LMO and if I can muster up the patience to chop wood, Bramblenook has a Lute LMO. There are a couple with Furniture as well if your interested.

OMG- THANK YOU! I was kind of hoping for more posts like this telling where some cool free stuff is with general air of friendliness.

The welcomers on this forum so far have said hello to me, then welcomed my griefer  on my own thread & given out kudos to griefers acting ugly to other posters. None of them have been as forthcoming as a few general members have been.

I would think the official greeter types would be the ones telling you where some cool free stuff is, pointing you towards home guide locations and telling the mean type posters to settle down & be cool.

I've got a lot of ideas though.....some people say I'm a dreamer...but I'm not the only one. 

-eve
Message 28 of 30 (293 Views)
Fender Bender
1747 posts

Jan 29, 2014

Welp, eve, if it's free you want .... prior to you joining PS Home Forums, this thread was circulating and discussed this topic for a bit. I'll leave this link to it for your persual! Smiley Wink

Enjoy ... oh, and any questions, please ask! Smiley Happy

Message 29 of 30 (261 Views)
Highlighted
Sackboy
499 posts

Jan 29, 2014

It's really not that hard to message someone "Hi" or "How are you doing?" at least it isn't for me when I see someone interesting or the ten guys that crowd around me at any given moment.

=First in the world to 100% Fat Princess=

Message 30 of 30 (260 Views)