Aug 05 2014
By: Xx-IMarksmanI-xX First Son 14 posts
Accepted Solution

Giftinator 9000 issue.

14 replies 358 views Edited Aug 5, 2014

Good afternoon everyone, 

Yesterday, August 4th, I purchased money from the Giftinator 9000. After the purchase, it immediately closed all the windows and the loading icon at the top right corner would not fade away. I attempted to enter the Giftinators menu several times, but the "Play" option on the selection menu is grayed-out. So my only thought was, that the data must have been corrupted. I played throughout the day without worrying about that issue. Today, I have noticed slow boot times while trying to access PlayStation Home and have received a few errors. This is irrelevant, but... I changed the cache size to 12 Gb for the sake of storing more cache data. When I try to access the Giftinator, a message immediately prompts and it reads, "This Activity is currently unavailable." so that's what warranted my belief that a file was corrupted during the microtransaction. (in-game purchase) If someone would help me troubleshoot this problem, I'd really appreciate it. I have a few options I will assess: 

1. Try accessing PlayStation Home on another console with the ability to access the Giftinator.
  2. Hard-reset the console.
  3. Re-install PlayStation Home. 
  4. Factory reset the console. 
  5. Kill myself if all other options fail.

Subsequently, since the start of the problem I have noticed that it also affects content on PlayStation Home, such as: Slow menu interface, longer loading times, lagging selection, and longer boot time when accessing PlayStation Home, as forementioned.

It has been a nightmare these past few hours and I'm just about done with the downloading icon spinning round-and-round about my screen, lol.

Message 1 of 15 (358 Views)
Treasure Hunter
3281 posts

Re: Giftinator 9000 issue.

Aug 5, 2014

On the other hand, you could delete and re-add the giftinator.

The above comment is my opinion, except when I quote someone I disagree with, and unless I state a fact. You can disagree with my opinion, but facts are facts.
Message 2 of 15 (355 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3501 posts

Aug 5, 2014

Xx-IMarksmanI-xX wrote:

Good afternoon everyone, 

Yesterday, August 4th, I purchased money from the Giftinator 9000. After the purchase, it immediately closed all the windows and the loading icon at the top right corner would not fade away. I attempted to enter the Giftinators menu several times, but the "Play" option on the selection menu is grayed-out. So my only thought was, that the data must have been corrupted. I played throughout the day without worrying about that issue. Today, I have noticed slow boot times while trying to access PlayStation Home and have received a few errors. This is irrelevant, but... I changed the cache size to 12 Gb for the sake of storing more cache data. When I try to access the Giftinator, a message immediately prompts and it reads, "This Activity is currently unavailable." so that's what warranted my belief that a file was corrupted during the microtransaction. (in-game purchase) If someone would help me troubleshoot this problem, I'd really appreciate it. I have a few options I will assess: 

1. Try accessing PlayStation Home on another console with the ability to access the Giftinator.
  2. Hard-reset the console.
  3. Re-install PlayStation Home. 
  4. Factory reset the console. 
  5. Kill myself if all other options fail.

Subsequently, since the start of the problem I have noticed that it also affects content on PlayStation Home, such as: Slow menu interface, longer loading times, lagging selection, and longer boot time when accessing PlayStation Home, as forementioned.

It has been a nightmare these past few hours and I'm just about done with the downloading icon spinning round-and-round about my screen, lol.

why dont you just choose option 5?

original.gif

Honestly it wasn't suggestive at all it was quite blatant!
Message 3 of 15 (343 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
14 posts

Aug 5, 2014

That's the first thing I did, believe me. But it seems like it's more complex than that. Truly, it has become a task and now I'm in my friends apartment talking about our Home issues. I'm starting to suspect that Home is having service issues.

Message 4 of 15 (342 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
832 posts

Aug 5, 2014
Clear ur cache sweety. Smiley Wink
Message 5 of 15 (334 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
14 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 5, 2014

Seems too easy. I will try your quick-fix, but I doubt it'll work. It seems like there's more to it than just a simple memory discard. 

Message 6 of 15 (328 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
3281 posts

Aug 5, 2014

Xx-IMarksmanI-xX wrote:

That's the first thing I did, believe me. But it seems like it's more complex than that. Truly, it has become a task and now I'm in my friends apartment talking about our Home issues. I'm starting to suspect that Home is having service issues.

No! How can you say that about our darling Home?!?!!  Have you been to the bowling alley, theater, or a core space recently?

The above comment is my opinion, except when I quote someone I disagree with, and unless I state a fact. You can disagree with my opinion, but facts are facts.
Message 7 of 15 (321 Views)
First Son
14 posts

Aug 5, 2014

No, i only go to Glittering Sands Beach. 

Message 8 of 15 (315 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
3281 posts

Aug 5, 2014

Xx-IMarksmanI-xX wrote:

No, i only go to Glittering Sands Beach. 

Way to miss the point.

Message 9 of 15 (298 Views)
Hellfire Developer
775 posts

Aug 5, 2014

As others have noted, weird stuff has been happening all over Home today. Things look fine on our end from a server standpoint, so hopefully things are being worked out on Home's end and everything will be working fine again soon. In the meantime, hopefully some of the usual things might work for you (clearing cache, restarting Home, etc).

Like Hellfire Games on Facebook and sign up for our e-mail newsletter for exclusive updates & giveaways!

Message 10 of 15 (287 Views)