Reply
Aug 02 2014
By: SunBunz Hekseville Citizen 186 posts
Offline

Giant red sword?

16 replies 451 views Edited Aug 2, 2014

I've seen people wielding a HUGE awesome red sword that looks like something from Devil May Cry, it resembles that huge red sythe from Peakvox Labs or something. (Y'know, it costs like 3 bucks OUCH, but it has a cool skull on it)

 

Someone told me it was a hack, others say it's a reward. I'm not refferring to the "Great Knife" (Pyramid Head's weapon from Konami Penthouse, I already won that) I also saw a SICK bow, or maybe it was a bow/arrow thing, also red, very large. I've had no luck finding these in Alphazone4 or the stores. :/

 

I've never gotten into Peakvox labs, but if there's an item guide on here, or advice as to how I may win this, any input would be greatly appreciated. (I already searched the forums without success) I like to earn awesome awards like that, if possible. If I can't buy it, it would be fun to obtain. I like to add cool new things to my many cosplays.


Follow me on Twitter@SunBunz1up
Complete Game Collection in My Backloggery
Watch my live streams on Twitch
YouTube
Message 1 of 17 (451 Views)
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 03/25/2010
Offline
1023 posts
 

Re: Giant red sword?

[ Edited ]
Aug 2, 2014

 

Is it this one?

 

If so, it's a reward from doing the L-project game in peakvox labs.

This thread should help you out. 

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-Home/Peakvox-Labs-Rewards-amp-Guide/m-p/39723841

Do a word search on "Deathbringer" on the post to find it easier.

Message 2 of 17 (446 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
Registered: 10/10/2011
Offline
186 posts
 

Re: Giant red sword?

Aug 2, 2014

That's it! but...omg. The tasks to win it. :/ Makes even me feel overwhelmed. You have to purchase SOMETHING in order to win this, correct?


Follow me on Twitter@SunBunz1up
Complete Game Collection in My Backloggery
Watch my live streams on Twitch
YouTube
Message 3 of 17 (417 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 03/25/2010
Offline
1023 posts
 

Re: Giant red sword?

[ Edited ]
Aug 2, 2014

You don't need to purchase anything to earn it, but you'll probably need to spend quite an amount of time unless your really lucky.

 

You need to commit to it since you're most likely not going to be able to get it done in several hours. It'll probably take you several days, weeks, or even months depending on how you do it.

 

Having more mixing tubes (you start with 1, you can earn 1, and also buy 1, total of 3 possible) and having the blue paid earrings will speed things up quite alot, but that's your choice.

Message 4 of 17 (409 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
Registered: 01/28/2012
Online
11607 posts
 

Re: Giant red sword?

Aug 2, 2014

nagon111 wrote:
and having the blue paid earrings will speed things up quite alot,

The earrings technically have no effect on being rewarded the sword, since it's a totally random event. However, I guess they could increase your odds by being able to find or earn higher level ingredients to start with.

Message 5 of 17 (356 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
Registered: 10/10/2011
Offline
186 posts
 

Re: Giant red sword?

Aug 2, 2014

I may just get into that. I rememeber hanging out in Peakvox Labs BS-ing with friends, & getting items to mix stuff up, it was kinda fun. I'm not sure how it's done yet, but I'll do my best to figure it out.

 

What about that giant red bow thing. Same thing?


Follow me on Twitter@SunBunz1up
Complete Game Collection in My Backloggery
Watch my live streams on Twitch
YouTube
Message 6 of 17 (333 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
Registered: 01/28/2012
Online
11607 posts
 

Re: Giant red sword?

Aug 2, 2014

SunBunz wrote:

What about that giant red bow thing. Same thing?


This? Completely random again. This is obtained by simply picking up ingredients around the lounge. In this case, the green earrings may increase your odds because they make more ingredients appear.

Bow

Message 7 of 17 (326 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
Registered: 10/10/2011
Offline
186 posts
 

Re: Giant red sword?

Aug 3, 2014

Thank you SO much, you guys. I'm very appreciate  of the help!


Follow me on Twitter@SunBunz1up
Complete Game Collection in My Backloggery
Watch my live streams on Twitch
YouTube
Message 8 of 17 (264 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 12/13/2009
Offline
1359 posts
 

Re: Giant red sword?

[ Edited ]
Aug 3, 2014

P.S. SunBunz, you ask some very good questions about unlocking rewards, which have me stumped. I find Peakvox Labs to be both charming and challenging, and have found it engaging enough to play it extensively.  But I simply have had no luck in getting the following:

 


nagon111 wrote:

Deathbringer Sword

You don't need to purchase anything to earn it, but you'll probably need to spend quite an amount of time unless your really lucky.


Okay, I know that in JP Home it is (or was) quite possible to earn this Deathbringer Sword from Scientist Hibiki, without having to make any purchases.  Anecdotally for NA Home, however... I have heard that now the only way to get this big red sword is IF you first purchase the DeathScythe previously, then spend a few weeks/months mixing.  Have the unlock requirements changed to be something along these lines-- "more purchases required"?

 

I'm really wondering about this, because I wear both of the blue Lucky Earrings which, presumably, increase my chances of getting Xuanwu (the Black Tortoise Bow)

Black Tortoise Bow-Xuanwuto reach an unlock probability of 1/500 (i.e. 1 chance in 500) rather than 1/2000, when picking up the '!' exclamation points in the Labs.  Here's the thing, I've been mixing and collecting for a year and a half now!  I'm making Level 27 blue and Level 27 yellow items this week.  And I'm pretty sure I've picked up several countless hundreds of material ! resources in this time.

 

Just how far along in the L-Project and Labs games do I have to be, in order to get the Deathbringer Sword and the Bow?!  How many more "purchases" am I expected to make to improve unlockability?  If I have to be 75% to 85% complete in everything, then that's never going to happen.  I can die at such laughably low levels, my reflexes just aren't good enough to advance far enough in the Lab mini-games.

 

Any suggestions to speed things along?  Do I have to make all 30 "original" pets?  I already have 41 of them.  Help please icon_help

 

Message 9 of 17 (242 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 03/25/2010
Offline
1023 posts
 

Re: Giant red sword?

[ Edited ]
Aug 4, 2014

CMCSAVAGE wrote:

nagon111 wrote:
and having the blue paid earrings will speed things up quite alot,

The earrings technically have no effect on being rewarded the sword, since it's a totally random event. However, I guess they could increase your odds by being able to find or earn higher level ingredients to start with.


After putting more thought into it, you do have a point. Going by the same duration of mixing higher level ingredients, the percentage of having the sword is higher by mixing lower ingredients in the same time frame.

 

example:

lvl27 = 1/100 in 7 hours

lvl7 = 1/1000 in 10 minutes, which means we can try 42 times during the same time frame.

And it comes down to around 5% compared to 1% for the lvl27 mixture.

Only drawback is the need to be at the scene constantly mixing alot.

 

If willing to spend money, then mixing for lvl32+ is the only way that has a better odds of any other method. Going by numbers, the item should pop up 90% within 22 tries. (Just for reference, going with the lvl7 method will need about 2300 tries to achieve a 90%)

 

 

@Katsuune 

My friend and I do have the sword, and we don't have any paid items. So I believe the requirements is the same as JP.

 

For the bow, I think I read somewhere that picking 1 exclamation mark treats it as 1 try. Going by the numbers, you should have 90% chance of having the item within 1150 tries or 95% chance by 1500 tries. If you have been collecting 3 each day, then you should be around that 1500 number. Can't help you out on this one since I don't own it on my US account since I'm going with the 1/2000 odds. Could be that your just one of the 5% that is unlucky of not getting it.

 

(Edit) Just remembered the weapons was introduced about a year ago, so your first half year doesn't factor in.

Message 10 of 17 (219 Views)