Sackboy
306 posts

Re: Giant red sword?

Aug 3, 2014
I got my sword after trying for 2 weeks. It's good to own the two blue lucky earrings. I got my red sword by mixing like a lvl 25 item with a 32 or something (where as higher lvled ingredients give better chances or winning it) hope that helps Smiley Wink
Message 11 of 17 (280 Views)
Big Daddy
12508 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 3, 2014

Katsuune wrote:

Okay, I know that in JP Home it is (or was) quite possible to earn this Deathbringer Sword from Scientist Hibiki, without having to make any purchases.  Anecdotally for NA Home, however... I have heard that now the only way to get this big red sword is IF you first purchase the DeathScythe previously, then spend a few weeks/months mixing.  Have the unlock requirements changed to be something along these lines-- "more purchases required"?

I've never heard this. Although you can buy items to unlock a pet species, rather than earning the rewardable item, I'm not sure if it really expedites the process. I did buy the Death Scythe in JP, but it still took me awhile to finally get the sword.

Here's the thing, I've been mixing and collecting for a year and a half now!  I'm making Level 27 blue and Level 27 yellow items this week.  And I'm pretty sure I've picked up several countless hundreds of material ! resources in this time.

Just how far along in the L-Project and Labs games do I have to be, in order to get the Deathbringer Sword and the Bow?!  How many more "purchases" am I expected to make to improve unlockability?

I don't think there is anything you can do to increase your odds of getting the Bow, since it's totally random. However, you can increase you odds of getting the Sword by mixing higher level ingredients. Obviously you'd have to buy potions since you can't mix higher than a 27 without them.

If I have to be 75% to 85% complete in everything, then that's never going to happen.  I can die at such laughably low levels, my reflexes just aren't good enough to advance far enough in the Lab mini-games.

Any suggestions to speed things along?  Do I have to make all 30 "original" pets? 

Your percentage in the other games and even your overall have no bearing on being rewarded the weapons. The only thing I can suggest, at least in regards to the Sword, is to mix higher and more often. This would involve buying and unlocking the other tubes and buying potions.

Message 12 of 17 (279 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
3752 posts

Aug 3, 2014

OP,  you put elements in the free tank and the combination of them make other elements that are higher but if done incorrectly you can also lower the stats of the new element created, so always mix of equal or higher levels.  What type of element does not matter its the level of the elements you want to raise to order to earn the sword.  So the chart shows how based on the level of the element you are creating would be your chances of obtaining the sword.

Lv 7-12 = 1/1,000  -  This means that creating elements of level 7-12 gives you a 1 in a thousand chance of obtaining the sword

Lv 13-15 = 1/700  - Creating elements of levels 13-17 gives you a 1 in 700 chance of getting the sword (and so forth)

Lv 16-17 = 1/500

Lv 18-20 = 1/400

Lv 21-22 = 1/300

Lv 23-24 = 1/200

Lv 25-27 = 1/100 - I believe that anything after 27 will require a catalyst (a purchaseable item that upgrades the current element into a higher one) Also obtaining an extra tank, storage and earrings will help a lot, but are not necessary.

Lv 31 = 1/50

Lv 32+ = 1/10  

Hope this is a bit helpful and good luck 

Message 13 of 17 (264 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
245 posts

Aug 3, 2014

TSUNADE1224 wrote:

OP,  you put elements in the free tank and the combination of them make other elements that are higher but if done incorrectly you can also lower the stats of the new element created, so always mix of equal or higher levels.  What type of element does not matter its the level of the elements you want to raise to order to earn the sword.  So the chart shows how based on the level of the element you are creating would be your chances of obtaining the sword.

Lv 7-12 = 1/1,000  -  This means that creating elements of level 7-12 gives you a 1 in a thousand chance of obtaining the sword

Lv 13-15 = 1/700  - Creating elements of levels 13-17 gives you a 1 in 700 chance of getting the sword (and so forth)

Lv 16-17 = 1/500

Lv 18-20 = 1/400

Lv 21-22 = 1/300

Lv 23-24 = 1/200

Lv 25-27 = 1/100 - I believe that anything after 27 will require a catalyst (a purchaseable item that upgrades the current element into a higher one) Also obtaining an extra tank, storage and earrings will help a lot, but are not necessary.

Lv 31 = 1/50

Lv 32+ = 1/10  

Hope this is a bit helpful and good luck 

Wow, I am so glad someone asked about this! If it's possible, I would definitely like to try to win this. It is an awesome item.

Thank you for the guide! Smiley Happy

Message 14 of 17 (257 Views)
Treasure Hunter
3752 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 3, 2014

Pahndora wrote:

Wow, I am so glad someone asked about this! If it's possible, I would definitely like to try to win this. It is an awesome item.

Thank you for the guide! Smiley Happy

Actually, there is a guide for all things Peakvox PeakvoxGUIDE, but to be honest I find it confusing ESPECIALLY for those who are a novice at the game.  Once you get the hang of it,  the Guide is a very useful tool that explains every detail and how to obtain all items.  Feel free to ask any questions you may have about the game and as always have fun Smiley Happy

Message 15 of 17 (242 Views)
Big Daddy
12508 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 3, 2014

You can also look here:

riroa.com Peakvox Labs

In the black bar at the top of the page, hit PS HOME Rewards Lounge, then go to the green O-Two square > Peakvox Labs.

It can be confusing because it's translated from Japanese and some of the items and pets have different names than what they are here.

Message 16 of 17 (235 Views)
Highlighted
Gaming Beast
1349 posts

Aug 3, 2014

Greetings Smiley Happy

I also wonder about the red sword and how to obtain it, thank for the tipSmiley Happy also thank @SunBunz for this cool post and a Special Thanks to the Playstation Home Community for ur wisdom life in balenceSmiley Happy

Message 17 of 17 (218 Views)