Fender Bender
2040 posts

Re: Getting Answers to Questions, Concerns & Suggestions about Home... Finally

Jul 8, 2013

Shadow-Runner wrote:

To Tempest:

If you dont have the information...then you owe it to the community and everyone of us who has supported Home, bought content from the devs and have invested hundreds of dollars....to find that information, by any means necessary. 

"I DONT KNOW" is not gonna cut it much longer, Tempest! This is getting to be BS!

I doubt if there is any group of people with a bigger stake in knowing whether Home will migrate to the PS4 than Sony employees whose jobs involve running Home.

Since they have such a big stake in hearing the answer to the question so many are asking I'm inclined to believe them when they say that they have no answer to the question at this time.

Higher ups at Sony most likely haven't made the decision yet. It all comes down to whether Sony is making the money from Home that they want to be making. If they are it will migrate to PS4, if they aren't it won't.

Pretty simple really.

Message 11 of 23 (371 Views)
Survivor
2039 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 8, 2013

"Higher ups at Sony most likely haven't made the decision yet." -Julie

That is a speculation and cannot be said for a certainty. If this was without a doubt, a fact...im sure the Home Staff would make a formal announcement quoting such information. "We would like to announce, that Sony has released an official statement, on the future of Home. Unfortunately, at this time...Sony's official statement reads as follows: We at SONY HQ have not yet decided what to do with PlayStation Home and it's pending future is still up in the air. We urge all of you to remain calm and be patient with us, as we continue to sort this out. We will most certaintly let the Home Staff and all of you know what decision we come to, as soon as we have more information. Thank you." -SONY (Jack Tretton)

Pressure needs to be placed on the people who have not yet decided what to do with Home. Pressure needs to be placed on the Home Staff, to procure that information...instead of waiting for SONY to make a move. Pressure needs to be placed on the Home Staff to set up an interview with Jack Tretton...and ask the big questions, concerning Home. Look how many interviews Jack has done, during and after E3:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=To2o2yjGZWs -Interviewed by SID SHUMAN

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Mm3P4Ft-y4 -Interviewed by GEOFF KEIGHLEY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eVYv6hr-CTs -Interviewed by CNET 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MPbM1NHwqFo -Interviewed by BUSINESSWEEK

Apparently, it's not THAT HARD to set up an interview with Jack Tretton. The guy gets about as much face time, as a Hollywood Celebrity. The fact is...the Home staff doesnt know anything, because they HAVENT ASKED! They're all just sitting around WAITING for someone to come to THEM, email them, fax them, call them....instead of GOING TO THE SOURCE, themselves! 

This mindset of "They dont know anything, we dont know anything, Sony doesnt know anything...they havent decided yet. So let's all just calm down and wait indefinately until heII freezes over, and maybe one day...someday, we will get a glimmer of information"  <-----THIS isnt going to WORK anymore! People are tired of being told this! We hear it enough from the Home Staff...we dont need to hear it from community members, as well. 

SOME of us are not gonna be satisfied, UNTIL someone provokes an official response from SONY (or Jack) on PlayStation Home. So we can just kill all the speculation and theorising on "maybe this...and maybe that" Mmmkay. 

I'm A Shadow. One That No Light Will Shine On. As Long As You Follow Me....You Will Never See The Day.
Message 12 of 23 (348 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4495 posts

Jul 8, 2013

Jersquall wrote:

VioletWinds wrote:

I'd like to see Tempest_Fire reply to Shadow's comments.

Tempest_Fire probably has very little time to answer every Home question in addition to his other new responsibilities as

Digital Platforms Community Manager. Remember it's not just Home community managers anymore but a part of a bigger entity now. Sony has a lot going on if you look beyond Home.

I also have heard "Nothing new to report regarding Home/PS4'' I also get the feeling that developers are not going to sit and wait for more information on their future but that they are looking ahead at the next best thing for them. This is what all developers do. Take note as to who is developing what and how much on Home over the next few months and you will understand. No news is not good news a lot of the time.

First of all, whether or not Home will be on the PS4 or not is but one of MANY questions.  Stop making speculative excuses for why Sony has done such a lousy job managing Home.  Just how much time does it take for someone, anyone at Sony to answer questions that have been asked for not weeks, not months, but even years?  

If Sony ran their entire company like they run Home they would very likely be losing millions even billions of dollars and scores of customers... Which may explain why Sony has lost billions of dollars and huge chunks of their market over the last dozen years while their competitors have only gotten bigger.

Enough with the excuses, and start demanding better service, as what we have been getting isn't even enough to rate it as mediocre. Seriously Jer, take off those blinders already.  If they have enough time to post about things like heir favorite candy bar, they have time enough to post about real issues effecting their business, which effects their job security.

Sony's PlayStation Home updated mission statement...

"Like it never happened"

- Stand for something better than mediocrity and don't disguise it as adequate, when clearly it is far from that to anyone willing to be objective and unbiased. -

Message 13 of 23 (312 Views)
Survivor
2039 posts

Jul 8, 2013
Hard to argue with this ^^

Theres nothing wrong with Home, per se. Just the people who run it.

It's like turning Disney Land over to the 3 stooges, and expecting quality service. Cant be mad at people for being dissatisfied. Cant be mad at people for demanding answers. And you cant be mad at people for not accepting "we dont have that information, at this time."

Being a loyalist is one thing. Hey, Im a Home loyalist too...but sometimes loyalty has to take a backseat to reality.
I'm A Shadow. One That No Light Will Shine On. As Long As You Follow Me....You Will Never See The Day.
Message 14 of 23 (302 Views)
Limit Breaker
16565 posts

Jul 8, 2013

D-Nitrate wrote:

Jersquall wrote:

VioletWinds wrote:

I'd like to see Tempest_Fire reply to Shadow's comments.

Tempest_Fire probably has very little time to answer every Home question in addition to his other new responsibilities as

Digital Platforms Community Manager. Remember it's not just Home community managers anymore but a part of a bigger entity now. Sony has a lot going on if you look beyond Home.

I also have heard "Nothing new to report regarding Home/PS4'' I also get the feeling that developers are not going to sit and wait for more information on their future but that they are looking ahead at the next best thing for them. This is what all developers do. Take note as to who is developing what and how much on Home over the next few months and you will understand. No news is not good news a lot of the time.

First of all, whether or not Home will be on the PS4 or not is but one of MANY questions.  Stop making speculative excuses for why Sony has done such a lousy job managing Home.  Just how much time does it take for someone, anyone at Sony to answer questions that have been asked for not weeks, not months, but even years?  

If Sony ran their entire company like they run Home they would very likely be losing millions even billions of dollars and scores of customers... Which may explain why Sony has lost billions of dollars and huge chunks of their market over the last dozen years while their competitors have only gotten bigger.

Enough with the excuses, and start demanding better service, as what we have been getting isn't even enough to rate it as mediocre. Seriously Jer, take off those blinders already.  If they have enough time to post about things like heir favorite candy bar, they have time enough to post about real issues effecting their business, which effects their job security.

No blinders here D- You know nothing of What I really know so don't play that worn out brown noser card man. Also, demanding better service? hows that working out for you?

HomeStationMagazine
Message 15 of 23 (291 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
8001 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 8, 2013

Jersquall wrote:

No blinders here D- You know nothing of What I really know so don't play that worn out brown noser card man. Also, demanding better service? hows that working out for you?

Yes, we understand you have connections and know things the rest of us don't Jers. No need to keep rubbing our noses in it

Message 16 of 23 (264 Views)
Limit Breaker
16565 posts

Jul 8, 2013

myalana wrote:

Jersquall wrote:

Yes, we understand you have connections and know things the rest of us don't Jers. No need to keep rubbing our noses in it

Doesn't really matter, Mya. whatever I knew I tried to help the community with. I think you knew my intentions were not to offend anyone. I will just avoid certain threads so as not to offend further. not a problem any longer, I Promise.

HomeStationMagazine
Message 17 of 23 (249 Views)
Fender Bender
2969 posts

Jul 9, 2013

myalana wrote:

Jersquall wrote:

Frankly, I'm sick of Jers' vague references to being "in with the in crowd" too.

Hey, Jers -- if you know something you can share, then do. If you know something you can't share, shut up about it. And get a clue; we want answers, not people telling us they have secrets.

The above comment is my opinion, unless I state a fact. You can disagree with my opinion, but facts are facts.
Message 18 of 23 (214 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4495 posts

Jul 9, 2013

VioletWinds wrote:

myalana wrote:

Jersquall wrote:

Frankly, I'm sick of Jers' vague references to being "in with the in crowd" too.

Hey, Jers -- if you know something you can share, then do. If you know something you can't share, shut up about it. And get a clue; we want answers, not people telling us they have secrets.

Agreed.  Worst yet are those with delusions of grandeur pretending they know something, perhaps desperate for some kind of 'fame' and the admiration of others.

Tempest_Fire appears to be open to discussing many of these issues, but based on what he has said so far, maybe it would be a good idea if the "operations guys" would take a few minutes to address some of these issues directly.

I have little doubt that the longer these issues go unanswered or without any explanations from those who really do know the answers and reasons, the more upset users are going to get and the more customers Home will lose.

Sony's PlayStation Home updated mission statement...

"Like it never happened"

- Stand for something better than mediocrity and don't disguise it as adequate, when clearly it is far from that to anyone willing to be objective and unbiased. -

Message 19 of 23 (202 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8666 posts

Jul 9, 2013

VioletWinds wrote:

It's very unlikely that anyone knows whats going on.  Some people just want to look as if they are more important so they say things that migh suggest they know more of whats going on.  Even the Home volunteer memebrs or MVP's know very little about whats goes on.

The  lesson here is if a user does not have a tag saying that they work for Sony don't believe them when they say they have unknown sources.

Folding@home Team #118000
GAPHome

General

Message 20 of 23 (199 Views)
0 Likes