Wastelander
539 posts

Re: Get a taster of things to come by checking out the Wings by Lockwood video and more!

[ Edited ]
Nov 19, 2012

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:

Reason why I'm holding off on many of them. Going to be so many and I suspect the features will improve over time hopefully. I didn't know about the emote part. So with the nDreams Angel Wings if you do an emote they vanish?

I was warming up to the black and white ones. The 3.49 price tag hasn't made me rush into getting them. 

yes they vanish

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 21 of 54 (249 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6276 posts

Re: Get a taster of things to come by checking out the Wings by Lockwood video and more!

Nov 19, 2012

Thew902 wrote:
Enough of the wings already.

Agreed.

I think since nDreams kicked off the locomotion craze, other third parties are throwing them out like candy.

It's good for sales, since people do like them.

But it's going to get old quick.

Message 22 of 54 (231 Views)
0 Likes
Shinra Executive
29271 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 19, 2012

Well there is nothing wrong with choice. One has to hope as the newer ones are released that they are better with nicer animations. Personally I've been waiting. I know we are going to see a lot of these items so being the first to buy might simply mean you'll like later ones more and have to buy twice.

Something needs to be done with previews for these. Buying without being able to see them at the prices developers are asking is a bit much in my view. Perhaps a core update will be necessary.

Message 23 of 54 (229 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1311 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 19, 2012

The arm and leg motion with the wings is very smooth.

To much dead space space between top and bottom.

Observation:

The wings are missing  a base flutter 1/2 to 3/4 of the way coming down.

When floating down to the bottom, it should have a small lift with the flutter (pause drop) then the big glide stroke.

Then you'll have some really nice wing motion with out the oversized glide.

Edit:

Doing this will provide the heartbeat flight, when moving forward also , Would be the best wing set in home if done right.

Don't forget the Audio Effect !!!

Message 24 of 54 (219 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6276 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 19, 2012

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:

Something needs to be done with previews for these. Buying without being able to see them at the prices developers are asking is a bit much in my view. Perhaps a core update will be necessary.

I for one, will not be buying the pose animations. Until I see them in person.

They should have show them in action in a video, at least.

Message 25 of 54 (213 Views)
Shinra Executive
29271 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 19, 2012

xMINDBlIlURx wrote:

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:

I understand. I feel the same way.

A video is coming but it won't be until next week. They are supposed to be in previews this week at X7. I'd like to see store previews and not simply youtube videos on the forum or twitter etc. Most people don't use the forum or even know about the developer sites for viewing them.

We can remember when we didn't have 3D previews in the mall many years ago. Hard to even tell what the color was at times let alone how they looked on your avatar. 

Loco previews, apartment previews and more should be a part of the shopping process or have a return policy if not satisfied. 

Message 26 of 54 (207 Views)
Treasure Hunter
6276 posts

Nov 19, 2012

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:

xMINDBlIlURx wrote:

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:

I understand. I feel the same way.

A video is coming but it won't be until next week. They are supposed to be in previews this week at X7. I'd like to see store previews and not simply youtube videos on the forum or twitter etc. Most people don't use the forum or even know about the developer sites for viewing them.

We can remember when we didn't have 3D previews in the mall many years ago. Hard to even tell what the color was at times let alone how they looked on your avatar. 

Loco previews, apartment previews and more should be a part of the shopping process or have a return policy if not satisfied. 

Here's another thing.

If Sony really wants to appeal to their customers/players, why not just add some poses to the R1 option list for free?

I mean, I know third parties need to make money. But not everything needs a price tag on it.

Message 27 of 54 (174 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1311 posts

Nov 19, 2012

Also, forgot to mention,

Is that going to be a new space..?  at the start of the video14 seconds and 30 seconds into the video.

Looks like ice bergs floating in a frozen lake.

Message 28 of 54 (148 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
1728 posts

Nov 19, 2012

Snowstone wrote:

Also, forgot to mention,

Is that going to be a new space..?  at the start of the video14 seconds and 30 seconds into the video.

Looks like they already had something in mind when I suggested a winter space when they had the poll for future personal spaces.  

jason 1 8 0 2 1 2 8 signature
Message 29 of 54 (124 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
1728 posts

Nov 19, 2012

Snowstone wrote:

Also, forgot to mention,

Looks like they already had something in mind when I suggested a winter space when they had the poll for future personal spaces.  

Jason1802128 wrote:

I don't like any of the theme choices.  We have to many of the same types of personal spaces.  I myself love personal spaces but I don't like to keep buying different versions of the same space.  I think you should come up with some new and original ideas.  Think outside the box this time.  Since your asking for our opinions maybe you should start fresh and turn the 6 choices into community inspired.  Things that we would want not things you think we want.  I'll even start off with a suggestion.  I would love a space that is a winter theme. I have about 60 personal spaces but none of them is really winter.  I want something where I can run around in the snow and use all of these fire pits (Mercia- Dream Island Rewards) and other cold weather items we have.  Just my 2 cents 8)

A Winter space would certainly be appropriate for the coming months... Good suggestion :smileywink:

jason 1 8 0 2 1 2 8 signature
Message 30 of 54 (124 Views)
0 Likes