Re: Gays In Home: I need your help

Nov 26, 2010

Raven_Croft75 wrote:

JPConway wrote:

slade109 wrote:

JPConway wrote:

slade109 wrote:

i'm bi/pan does that count :/

Make sure you are "swinging" more gay the day she wants to interview ya  (yes - meant to be funny - not mean Slade) 

JPConway

lmao i'll keep that in mind if i'd ever do it.. i'm not good in interviews anyway  

Just be yourself - that's all anyone needs to do 

If Keara asks us both - and if you don't feel comfy alone - I can always go with ya Slade

JPConway

We might be a twisted set of peers on this forum...but we do support each other xox

Only thing (s) twisted with me are my bunny ears and what's left of my mind 

JPConway

Message 11 of 60 (43 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Lombax Warrior
199 posts

Jul 20, 2011

I realize its an old thread but i feel the need to answer it anyhow.

IN HOME:

1.  When do you tell people you are gay (or bi)?

usually tell the girls when they think i am hitting on them. Really, get over yourselves sometimes hello is just hello. Usually confirm it when someone harasses me for what i am wearing.

2.  Do you cross-dress in Home?

I did at first, not anymore.

3.  Why are you in Home?  What experiences are you looking for?

I like the social aspect, i've met some cool people, i like the environments, i like some of the games, i like the spaces, i like the avatar 3d world chat room thing.

4.  Have you been harassed by haters in Home?

OH GOD YES!!!

5.  Are you trying to find other gays in Home?

Would be nice, not for dating purposes just for the sake to socialize.

6.  Do you spend most of your time in Home with other gays?

Haven't met many yet unfortunately and the ones i have met are hardly ever on.

7.  Have you formed lasting friendships in Home with people who are not gay?

yes i have and most of them know and are cool with it.

8.  How does being gay in Home compare with real life?

Well in my case, I don't wear the clothes I wear on there in real life, lol, and harassment in HOME is genuinely pathetic and mostly by pubescent troglodytes who can't formulate a complete thought.

9.  What interview questions do you wish I had asked?

Where would be a good place for gays to hang out? answer: Sodium Hub is my vote.

Would i like to see more gay friendly environments, events or Items? HELL YES!!! I'D BUY IT

PlayStation®Home Picture 7-18-2011 8-09-35.jpg

PlayStation®Home Picture 7-18-2011 8-04-23.jpg

PlayStation®Home Picture 7-18-2011 8-07-05.jpg

Message 12 of 60 (43 Views)
Lombax Warrior
199 posts

Jul 20, 2011

Usually my avatar does it for me (See next question)

I'm male-to-female pre-operative transgender in real life so I use a male avatar I try to make look like a girl. I do however use a female avatar too as I can get much closer to how I look that way.

Same as anyone, just to quench my social thirst and meet people I normally wouldn't.

Yeah but I usually have a good come-back to thier insults and quickly find flaws in any arguments they may bring up.

Yes, actually. I feel more comfortable around other Gays, Lesbians, Bisexuals, and Transgender individuals as they are there to help support me if I get in a bad spot.

Pretty much

If you aren't a homophobe I already consider you a friend, but yes I have friends who are straight or bi-curious.

It's both worse and better at the same time. I'm not in danger of getting beaten up or even killed, however since there's not really any consenquences you get a lot more people who have nothing better to do than offend you for it.

If I'd like to see some LGBT support items in Home.

Message 13 of 60 (43 Views)
Fender Bender
2291 posts

Jul 20, 2011

Sorry, I simply can't support something that might encourage people to have more sex than me.

hehe, I kid.  By the way, if you ever can, check out the gay parade in Chicago.  It's good times.

Message 14 of 60 (43 Views)
Survivor
2587 posts

Jul 20, 2011

This is a though one! Well I tend to talk to people and depending on what the conversation goes on and finish. (lol)

I tend to ask sometimes. Or just do this: "Woah Look at that Hottie" Maybe he saids "thanks" or said "wut!" lol

Yes. But I do it for a lot of other reasons. I'm a fashionista and I tend to buy the latest from men and ladies.

But the ladies got more; let said "Fashionable items" (lol). I got even some str8 friends that do it. hehehe.

I'm in Home because I love Gaming. I love Sony (sometimes I hate it, lol) and I love PlayStation! And for the other question.

I don't do Online relationships or anything formal truh Home. But friends yeah! c'mon hehe

All the time! Being a Guy or a Girl! ugh T_T

I do and I don't, at the same time. In my opinion a lot but not all of gay people have too much drama. I hate DRAMA X_X ugh! lol

No. The only gay guy in my list is JpConway oh Hai Jp! *hugs*

Yes I do. I got friends that have being friends whit me since 2006 when the PSN and PS3 arrive.

Well I think being (Bi in my position, more gay; I love Guys more!)is a reflection of myself in real life.

In Home is easy being who we are not too much in real life. 

- Are you gay or bi? (Altho this question is personal but its ok)

- Do you attend gay events on Home?

- Do you have Any gay clubs? Are you part of any other one?

This was fun to Answer! Thx

Message 15 of 60 (43 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4395 posts

Jul 20, 2011

bonxo8480 wrote:

Would i like to see more gay friendly environments, events or Items? HELL YES!!! I'D BUY IT

I would just like to know.

What exactly is a gay friendly environment, when it comes to a public space itself.

Why should sexual orientation factor into the design of a public space at all?  And if we are going to start that trend, why should it be done only for gays?

Be One With The Game.

Message 16 of 60 (43 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3987 posts

Jul 20, 2011

I couldn't talk against this kinda stuff, so how can you talk for it. I don't get this. It's a double-standard

photo 220dee8b-5bcd-4c72-9468-b21cfc72f31f_zpsfd870647.jpg
Message 17 of 60 (43 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
12 posts

Jul 20, 2011

After guys hit on me asking "Why." After i said "No." haha

Nope, never did.

Just to hang out with people Gay or Not, Unless they're gay hater then shun them

Everyday.

Yes, not trying to hook up or anything i'm just more relaxing around  lesbians,bi, or gay.

Not really just my str8 friends only have a few gay's or bi on my friends list.

Yes actually, with a guy

Well in home i get harassed more than ever, real life eh.

Any thing i'm game.

Message 18 of 60 (43 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
199 posts

Jul 20, 2011

The-Sarge wrote:

bonxo8480 wrote:

I would just like to know.

What exactly is a gay friendly environment, when it comes to a public space itself.

Why should sexual orientation factor into the design of a public space at all?  And if we are going to start that trend, why should it be done only for gays?

They may take our Other OS,
or our PSN.

But they will never take,

OUR FREEDOM!!!

It was a hypothetical question, not something i'm asking for, i am sure there a lot of things we all would like to see on HOME that are geared specifically to our tastes. The question has been brought up before in a previous forum about gay items like rainbow tshirts, and the response was astronomically biased. WE GET IT, you dont want to see gay stuff on HOME. Many places in major metropolitan cities identify themselves as gay friendly by simply putting up a rainbow flag somewhere, Im not suggesting a gay pride space or anything or a gay pride festival, i prefer to go to a real one. I grant you a whole space is unnecessary and i just posted that response to cover the bases, sorry i forgot to include GAY GAMES. Not sure what that would entail actually. I'm not coming from a point of sexual orientation as it is, but as with racial exclusion, minority under-representation comes in many forms. Fortunately there are laws to protect racial or religious discrimination, but we are still evolving to include the gay minority group as well. You may disagree with me all you want, thats fine it's your RIGHT. But how would you feel if you couldn't change the gender, or the color of your avatars skin? Then again we have to remember its a GAME. We still have to remember that there are many factors to the development end including political views, i'm sure there are many developers who don't want to to risk showing support to something that is STILL too controversial, and then again there is the all important bottom line and Sony and other developers don't want to waste resources to develop something to such a niche market. If you want to mention double standards, PLEASE!!! seriously? You have female go-go dancers you can buy for your spaces or companions, but no males, why? WHO would buy them? Only reason the females sell is because its geared to Heterosexual GAMERS. So you have this in home....

PlayStation®Home Picture 7-19-2011 11-27-44.jpg

PlayStation®Home Picture 7-19-2011 11-06-56.jpg

but a rainbow on a shirt or equality symbol, or NOH8 is too much to ask for in a "family friendly" place.

Double standard INDEED.....

http://community.us.playstation.com/message/29951670#29951670

This is an older post someone suggested before, and the response speaks for itself, only reason i brought it up its because it was a questionnaire about being gay in HOME. If it had been about being military in home, i would love to see more accurate uniforms in HOME. Not the fantasy paramilitary uniforms, or the combat stained marine uniforms from SOCOM, but accurate rank uniforms. Will that happen? NO probably not. There's too many uniforms and too many branches to include, not to mention you can't exclude other countries or it would be biased. 

Message 19 of 60 (43 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4422 posts

Jul 20, 2011

1.  When do you tell people you are gay (or bi)?

When asked I tell. I have nothing to hide from anyone.

2.  Do you cross-dress in Home? 

Hell yes! Not often but I do. The virtual world is about playing dress up for me anyway, it makes no bearing in real life so who cares except the immature and the small minded.

3.  Why are you in Home?  What experiences are you looking for?

For fun and games and to meet new friends. I do spend slot of time in home alone but always meet up with those who request it. Home is about being social and I participate here and other websites. Having fun is my top priority in Home.

4.  Have you been harassed by haters in Home?

Nope. I've come across haters but have never been bothered, my thick skin doesn't allow them to get to me. I once had someone try to harass me but by the time I was done embarrassing them in front of their crew they all left the space.

5.  Are you trying to find other gays in Home?

Not particularly, I'm just social so the gays I meet know that it's not an issue and that my expectations are only to have a good time.

6.  Do you spend most of your time in Home with other gays?

I hang with everybody gay or not, preference or lifestyle is not an issue.

7.  Have you formed lasting friendships in Home with people who are not gay?

Yep, I'm drama free so I've bonded with a few people who I can say are real friends who really like me for me.

8.  How does being gay in Home compare with real life?

I have no agenda in Home, I don't even think about being gay in home. I'm all about the fun and games!

In my real life people know they can ask me anything and I can be honest to a fault. I've had many people pick my brain on the issue of sexuality. You can ask away DG!

9.  What interview questions do you wish I had asked?

Message 20 of 60 (43 Views)
0 Likes