VP of Gaming
28201 posts

Re: Gay gamers on home and video games.

Nov 21, 2013

lemonAIDS wrote:

It's hard to find other Gay gamers on here. 

Try this thread: Where do all the Gay gamers hang out in Home?

The way you play the game is the way you live your life.

Message 411 of 483 (680 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
180 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 21, 2013

I have no problems with you looking for your own kin, old bean, but you should look at why you want gay gamers to be on your friend list. I simply wonder why the sexual orientation of an individual would matter to you this much. What is there to discuss on the topic of your orientation in a social media hub? 

What topics arise from this sort of cherry picking? "He is hawt". "I love guys! W00t". These are legitimate things I see with the flamboyant groups of "gaymers" on Home. It is rather obnoxious in how it just is trying to focus attention on their sexual preference. This is obviously not a normal thing among the group, but it does show what really can be discussed about the topic. 

The only thing I really see as a reason is feeling comfortable around people you know will accept you, but that is not hard to fidn in straight people on Home. If you really have that hard of a time finding straight people who accept your tastes, I would say this is right tidy, but I am not convinced this is so.

Message 412 of 483 (674 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
196 posts

Nov 21, 2013
It is very easy for someone who does not belong to a minority group to say that it is easy to find people who will not be bigots towards you based on your sexual orientation, religion, race, etc. If you aren't part of that group, you have no clue about the difficulty of finding a place where you are accepted. I do not fault anyone for not knowing, however.

The truth is, it is much more comfortable for lgbt oriented people to hang out together because they know they will not be judged or treated differently by those who are like them. There's an unspoken understanding amongst us.

Also, straight guys talk about sex all the time. Even gamers will eventually talk about which girl they think is hot. As someone who used to dread these conversations, I know they happen quite often.
Message 413 of 483 (647 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
180 posts

Nov 21, 2013

Rahzen wrote:
It is very easy for someone who does not belong to a minority group to say that it is easy to find people who will not be bigots towards you based on your sexual orientation, religion, race, etc. If you aren't part of that group, you have no clue about the difficulty of finding a place where you are accepted. I do not fault anyone for not knowing, however.

The truth is, it is much more comfortable for lgbt oriented people to hang out together because they know they will not be judged or treated differently by those who are like them. There's an unspoken understanding amongst us.

Also, straight guys talk about sex all the time. Even gamers will eventually talk about which girl they think is hot. As someone who used to dread these conversations, I know they happen quite often.

And it is also easy to play a victim. LGBT people often have to overcome a few things in real life, but this is an online service where discrimination occurs towards everyone. I see blacks hating on whites. Whites hating on Asians. Men hating on women. Hate is al over Home and there is no minority when it comes to receiving hatred on Home thanks to anonymity. 

And I stressed the fact that finding people who accept you is a good reason, but one also needs to look at statistics and realize that most people do accept it. Over half of the US says same-sex marriage is fine. Canada and Europe have even larger numbers. And many of the minority votes in that statistic are not from people who are anti-gay (against the use of "marriage" is a common reason for voting no). How you are putting it is that blacks should look for blacks and whites should look for whites because we should all be scared of not being accepted by people. 

As for straight people talking about sex, that is irrelevent to my post. My point was that looking for fellow LGBT people does not provide anything unique to discussions except for their orientation. Hearing straight people also talk about sex only distracts from my point: that orientation does not matter! The acceptence argument would be fine if most people on that server would actually bully you. The fact is, people will bully you for EVERYTHING on Home! For any individual, it is about finding people who are kind and the OP's requisite of being gay serves no purpose in finding a good person. Orientation does not mean they are good people. I know plenty of gay people who absolutely despise each other because a few are egomaniacs and obnoxiously flamboyant. This guy, if he wants accepting individuals, should be looking for good people and not homosexuals. 

Message 414 of 483 (642 Views)
Lombax Warrior
196 posts

Nov 22, 2013

No one is playing victim.  It is just a simple fact that you tend to seek out like minded people when you are in a potentially hostile environment.  That goes for anyone.  It doen't matter.  

Also, just because a group accepts you does not mean that they understand you.  As someone who has many gay friends and many straight friends, I can attest that there are often many differences in the conversations I have with these groups.  Usually, none of it stems from the topic of our orientation.  There is just a different flow, sense of humor, and point of view that is present in my conversations within a gay group.  

Message 415 of 483 (741 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

CALLING ALL GAY GAMERS

Nov 27, 2013
(Hopefully no one pokes fun) but I'm new to playstation. Just made the transition from xbox. I enjoy it. I just want cool friends; mainly gay friends (or gay friendly players) to play games with.

My psn ID is: SeanTheElite

Message 416 of 483 (739 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
28201 posts

Re: CALLING ALL GAY GAMERS

Nov 27, 2013

Welcome to the Home forums. You may want to check out this thread: Gay gamers on home and video games.

The way you play the game is the way you live your life.

Message 417 of 483 (720 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3027 posts

Re: CALLING ALL GAY GAMERS

[ Edited ]
Dec 7, 2013

Conrad_Max wrote:

Welcome to the Home forums. You may want to check out this thread: Gay gamers on home and video games.

edit: inflammatory comment removed

photo shepard-headbutts-a-krogan-o_zps5d276718.gif

"Honestly it wasn't suggestive at all it was quite blatant!"
I like R2 options!
Message 418 of 483 (693 Views)
First Son
12 posts

Dec 6, 2013
Any gaymers still out there if there is add engage1995 I usually play cod ghosts or assassins creed black flag and im 18 and gay or homosexual sorry someone decided to correct me on the term.
Message 419 of 483 (664 Views)
Splicer
41 posts

Dec 6, 2013
Omg my post is still active!!! Yay!
Message 420 of 483 (645 Views)
0 Likes