MVP Support
8467 posts

Re: where do all the gay gamers hang out in Home?

[ Edited ]
May 15, 2013

EdwCarnby wrote:

younginflavor18 wrote:

Blondboy47 wrote:

We should all start going to the bar in Action District as a meeting place.  Making it very clear that we are Gay so as to meet each other.  I'm very open and obvious.  I NEVER hide from anyone... no one pays my way in life, so they don't have ANY right to direct who i am or how I live.  I say, LET'S ALL MEET THERE!  :smileylol:  esp. on Friday nights.  I was just in there now, but had to shut down as it's getting late and I'm up very early in the morning.  Cheers all and HUGS!

Although I'm not a gay gamer, I certainly can wish you the best of luck on the Friday meet-ups at the Adventure District and hope it turns out well for you guys.

You're in this thread often, younginflavor18... :smileylol:

I was commenting on it because I happened to have a few good friends on my list who are LGBT, that's why.

Message 210 of 483 (238 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3073 posts

[ Edited ]
May 19, 2013

younginflavor18 wrote:

EdwCarnby wrote:

younginflavor18 wrote:

Blondboy47 wrote:

We should all start going to the bar in Action District as a meeting place.  Making it very clear that we are Gay so as to meet each other.  I'm very open and obvious.  I NEVER hide from anyone... no one pays my way in life, so they don't have ANY right to direct who i am or how I live.  I say, LET'S ALL MEET THERE!  :smileylol:  esp. on Friday nights.  I was just in there now, but had to shut down as it's getting late and I'm up very early in the morning.  Cheers all and HUGS!

Although I'm not a gay gamer, I certainly can wish you the best of luck on the Friday meet-ups at the Adventure District and hope it turns out well for you guys.

You're in this thread often, younginflavor18... :smileylol:

I was commenting on it because I happened to have a few good friends on my list who are LGBT, that's why.

I've made some comments on here too. Does that mean I'm gay? Well actually I am. I'm not very open about it, but if someone asks me I won't denie it. I can understand people wanting to be open and share it with everyone. But for me its more personal and I don't want people to think differently of me just because of my sexual orientation. As for gays meeting up in a public space, that's not for me because I don't like drawing attention to myself. But if any other gaymers on here just want to have me as a friend to talk to, then I'm open to that. Just keep in mind I'm not looking for a love interest or anything else. It would be strictly just friends to talk or hang out on Home once in a while.  :manhappy:
bobs fed signature
Message 211 of 483 (385 Views)
First Son
2 posts

[ Edited ]
May 18, 2013

Sunny-Hallways wrote:

Im Back  on these Boards  asking again WHERE ARE THE GAY OR BI  MEN ON HOME ??? NO Little Kids  Under  18.  Are they ANY GAY MEN ON HOME OVER 21 Cmon thought they would be i  been searching on my own meeting new people  asking friends no one seems to know any. i been going to hudson i even went to meadows park singstar konami  adeventure island aurora Nippon Place.  I Cant seem to find Any. someone on pm me asking why am i only looking for GAY MEN why not straight friends am i predjutice  against straight guys.  like i told him ill say no im not at all. ALL MY FRIENDS on  home are straight males and females.  ill just like have some  gay Males as friends to be friends with. i have nothing against straight guys  cause my guy friends are cool  but i just wanna have a friend who i can relate to more and talk about other guys to. i cant talk to my straight guy friends but how another guy looks u know. if anyone knows where i can go or know someone who is GAY OR BI  let me know Please

I tried to send you a note, but it keeps saying your online id isn't registered?!

I'm not really looking for other gay people on Home, but some fairly mature and intelligent friends who like to have fun would be nice!  If that's you, then feel free to add me as a friend.  I'm not on all the time, but I'm open to meet ups (I need to schedule things sometimes cause my life is crazy!)

How did the meet up go on Friday?  I had to work unfortunately...but I'll try to go in the future.  Has anyone considered Scorpio's in the Sodium Hub?  A little more atomospheric and I've found it to be an older crowd.  Just sayin :smileytongue:

Message 212 of 483 (361 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6276 posts

[ Edited ]
May 18, 2013

To keep this updated.

I'm a gay gamer and you can usually find me at the Acorn space now, most of the time.

I tend to visit x7, Aurora and Motorstorm as well.

I also play GTA 4 a lot with my boyfriend, always looking for other players to join us if you wish.

We play Gay Tony mostly. So if you're up for Home, or GTA, just message.

Message 213 of 483 (356 Views)
Lombax Warrior
213 posts

May 18, 2013
Sunny, did you mean me, about sending the note? If so, not sure what's going on with that. I am registered on Ps3 and home with same name as here, BlondBoy47. hmmm. well the friday meet wasn't :smileysad: Not 1 person from here showed up, as far as I could see. But, it was still fun and met some new ppl too. Surprisingly, no homophobes at all last night. To be honest, I've noticed a decrease in homophobes and racists there, ever since the Boston attacks. I'm thinking/hoping that maybe such a wakeup call may be teaching ppl what hate really does. just a thought.
Message 214 of 483 (341 Views)
First Son
7 posts

May 18, 2013
Hey this thread solves mine! Maybe if I shout out I'm lesbian I will stop getting followed by groups of guys all saying asl??? Lol
Message 215 of 483 (321 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3073 posts

[ Edited ]
May 19, 2013

nomieb22 wrote:
Hey this thread solves mine! Maybe if I shout out I'm lesbian I will stop getting followed by groups of guys all saying asl??? Lol

I don't think that would stop them in my honest opinion. I think if anything it will make them pursue and harass you even more.

bobs fed signature
Message 216 of 483 (314 Views)
First Son
2 posts

May 18, 2013

Blondboy47 wrote:
Sunny, did you mean me, about sending the note? If so, not sure what's going on with that. I am registered on Ps3 and home with same name as here, BlondBoy47. hmmm. well the friday meet wasn't :smileysad: Not 1 person from here showed up, as far as I could see. But, it was still fun and met some new ppl too. Surprisingly, no homophobes at all last night. To be honest, I've noticed a decrease in homophobes and racists there, ever since the Boston attacks. I'm thinking/hoping that maybe such a wakeup call may be teaching ppl what hate really does. just a thought.

That was me, not Sunny.  I tried to send him a friend request but it didnt work.

Message 217 of 483 (304 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
1217 posts

May 18, 2013
I'm not so sure there's really a hangout that a lot of LGBT people visit, but I personally frequent Acorn Meadows Park and Glittering Sands.
Message 218 of 483 (279 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2040 posts

May 19, 2013

Blondboy47 wrote:

We used to hold twice weekly Meet & Greets for people new to Home and one of the most frequently asked questions was how people could connect with other gaymers in Home. As in real life there is no way to know what someone's orientation might be by looking at their avatar.

For our Meet & Greets we created an alt account that people could add to their friends list so they could always get to the right instance where the gathering was being held. Having an alt account that people can follow to events does require the purchase of a second PS3, but I found that it was the best way for people to get together.

The 100 friend limit does make it difficult to add people for events, but with an alt account and second PS3 you can invite up to 100 people that might not otherwise be able to find the group in a specific location.

Happy Gathering!

Message 219 of 483 (264 Views)
0 Likes