Uncharted Territory
1334 posts

Re: Gay gamers on home and video games.

Apr 21, 2014

Tsunamirider101 wrote:

First off, homosexuality is a sin. PERIOD. A debaucherous and immoral sin. Thats why all homosexuals are atheists/gnostics.

Secondly, why seek each other out? As if you have some special bond?  Maybe you know where your destined to be, might as well go together right?  " The He's/She's who lay together, stays together." 

Thirdly . Homophobia? Irrational fear of homosexuals?  The fear of being rear ended by a guy.  Yeah, men are afraid of that!!  What?...you think that's natural? Just because "we" chose not to like or abhor something, or know it's wrong in the eyes of God, does not mean it's irrational.

Lastly,  Your arguement is not with me, but with the one who created you. Explain it to Him.

Question here is, if you're so religious and are bothered by another person's sexuality , then why even post on this thread to begin with?

This is not the place for religious nor political discussions. You're taking this thread somewhere else and completely off topic. Don't like it? 

Then don't post on a thread that's clearly titled "Gay gamers on home & videogames". 

Right now you're starting up the drama machine which is quite obvious. I can ask you where was your " God" in many horrible cases and you'd come up with a weak answer such as the greatest hits.... 

1. God works in mysterious ways

2. God had his reasons. 

3. God is only one being.

4. Blame the devil.

Would you like it if you were seeking out (insert religion here) gamers and these folks went on to yours speaking negatively about the book of control... erm (insert religious book here)?

No, you'd be firing back or upset. I find your comment to be quite offensive, so I hope mines makes you feel the same even though I am trying to be civil here. 

Like I said, if I dislike a topic or anything relates to the subject then I avoid posting on it.

Message 461 of 483 (720 Views)
VP of Gaming
28383 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 21, 2014

Tsunamirider101 wrote:

First off, homosexuality is a sin. PERIOD. A debaucherous and immoral sin. Thats why all homosexuals are atheists/gnostics.

Are you looking for Gay friends and clubs? That's what this thread is about. If you have no interest in finding Gay friends and clubs, why are you posting here? Is it to cause unrest and disruption? Is that what you are all about?

I'm sure you can find better things to do than pick on people you don't even know. Maybe try to mind your own business and let people be happy with who they are?

You've been reported for being disruptive to this discussion and for promoting hate and intolerance.

If you had posted racist remarks, you would be banned. I wonder how Moderation will see this?

The way you play the game is the way you live your life.

Message 462 of 483 (706 Views)
PlayStation Moderator
2811 posts

Apr 21, 2014

Hi everyone

Please remember to keep comments respectful. The OP is about a person looking for friends, not a debate.

Thanks!  Smiley Happy

lovely1rainbow

Message 463 of 483 (694 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1014 posts

Apr 21, 2014

HeyThatChris wrote:

I have no problems with you looking for your own kin, old bean, but you should look at why you want gay gamers to be on your friend list. I simply wonder why the sexual orientation of an individual would matter to you this much. What is there to discuss on the topic of your orientation in a social media hub? 

What topics arise from this sort of cherry picking? "He is hawt". "I love guys! W00t". These are legitimate things I see with the flamboyant groups of "gaymers" on Home. It is rather obnoxious in how it just is trying to focus attention on their sexual preference. This is obviously not a normal thing among the group, but it does show what really can be discussed about the topic. 

The only thing I really see as a reason is feeling comfortable around people you know will accept you, but that is not hard to fidn in straight people on Home. If you really have that hard of a time finding straight people who accept your tastes, I would say this is right tidy, but I am not convinced this is so.

Everything you said could easily be applied to all the straight males running around home looking to hook up with females. If homosexual interests are not ok on home, why shouldn't the same phylosophy be applied to heterosexual interests as well?

Message 464 of 483 (649 Views)
First Son
6 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 21, 2014

I am an avid gamer every thing from Dead island  to GTA5 . I also create and host several GLBTQSA events for the Home Community . As far as a hang out spot,  I would have to answer like several other people,  we hang out everywhere . But try the dance places . luminosity public space , David G , Singstar , and the such . personaly I dont hang there often. 

Message 465 of 483 (646 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2291 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 21, 2014

Just wanted to say that as long as you're nice, I couldn't care less if you're gay.

And I'm pretty sure that's the way God thinks too.

Message 466 of 483 (642 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
192 posts

Apr 22, 2014

Perfect @KatCall75.

Why waste energy  making things more complicated than they are?  You're a poet, dear.

@robbiehowell

KatCall75 wrote:

Just wanted to say that as long as you're nice, I couldn't care less if you're gay.

And I'm pretty sure that's the way God thinks too.

twitter.com/robbiehowell

Message 467 of 483 (622 Views)
Fender Bender
3207 posts

Re: where do all the gay gamers hang out in Home?

Apr 22, 2014

Aiken_Drum wrote:

I'm sure a lot of gay folks keep it hushed in Home.  I would.  You get enough grief on home just for being a human being, let alone one with a facet that certain groups don't seem to be able to deal with in a civil manner.  My guess is that they're evenly distributed across all spaces, just like anyone else, and more or less keeping to themselves until they get a hint that there's someone they can be open with.

If you're not dropping subtle hints yourself, then try it.  (You guys should have a secret handshake or something.)  If that's not working... well, maybe you need to be more fun to talk to.    Same orientation may not be enough by itself, if you want to make a connection.

Don't forget also becasue you don't have "swag" and not moving in Home will make you a target of people's discussions. Just today people started  to talk about me just because I was standing next to them.

"I'm not a failure because I didn't win, I'm a failure because I didn't try." - Kev

Youtube: akirasolidentertainment
Message 468 of 483 (611 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Apr 22, 2014
Not all girl avatars are men in disguise. My sister was on home and was a lesbian. She hated being called a Tranny by stupid ppl who thought they knew everything. From what she told me there's no definite place for gay ppl to meet. She was herself and meet other ppl like her and didn't need to prove it
Message 469 of 483 (610 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1334 posts

Apr 22, 2014

deadcalvin wrote:
Not all girl avatars are men in disguise. My sister was on home and was a lesbian. She hated being called a Tranny by stupid ppl who thought they knew everything. From what she told me there's no definite place for gay ppl to meet. She was herself and meet other ppl like her and didn't need to prove it

Not all female avatars are men in disguise either, the proper term is also transgender or transwoman while the word "Tranny" is offensive to many some don't mind it.  Tranny is a deragotory term and not the proper way to refer to a trans woman. I am not trying to come off rude nor insult, just saying. 

I know plenty of people who are open about their gender identity and sexuality on PS Home while others are gay men is disguise or just to troll, others prefer their female Avis to male due to fashion tastes I guess. You can find people from all walks of life on home if you're willing to invest time in meeting other people and conversate even if they're not gay, trans, religious and so on. Just take your time and delve in a conversation. I have met some really awesome people on PS home with that mentality alone. I see a conversation that I can add to or share my knowledge and I'll join in.

My main hangout is adventure district or Acorn meadows & I usually have a good time there. Sure we get our trolls just about anywhere, I can't say that trolls are nom-existent in any space cause that is not true but if you wanna meet people, just be nice and try talking and getting to know other players. 

(Trying to keep this on topic rather than sexuality & gender)

Message 470 of 483 (600 Views)