First Son
1 posts

Re: where do all the gay gamers hang out in Home?

Mar 12, 2013
Hi guys and girls i m a gaymer too. And i'm from Morocco. So If You want a gay moroccan friend feel free to add me. ; )
Message 140 of 483 (341 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6276 posts

Mar 12, 2013

We gaymers need to keep this thread alive.

Cat Embarassed

Message 141 of 483 (584 Views)
MVP Support
14691 posts

Mar 12, 2013

As a straight male gamer who uses both male and female avatars from time to time, I tend to see LGBT people in every space I go to. You can name it, the Hub, Konami Penthouse, x7, Singstar Rooms, and The Godfather II. I remember a few friendly gay male gamers who sent me a PM asking me to join their group but I politely refused and told them I'm a straight male. They seemed to be understanding and respectful of my words.

In the end, I couldn't care less about their sexual preferences, I just care about spending their quality with them because I have a few good gaming friends who are either gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender/transexual, or pansexual. I also show respect to the LGBT community in real life because of my mother who is a straight ally and meeting people who are part of the LGBT community. 

As for me, just because I have played a female avatar or female character in a video game doesn't mean I'm confused or going to be a woman in real life since I'm happily proud of who I am.

forumsignature1.png
Playstation Telephone Hours: Monday-Friday 8:00am-8:00pm PST (Closed on Saturdays & Sundays)
Customer Service - 1-800-345-7669
Account and Billing Support - 1-877-971-7669
Sony Rewards - 1-888-715-7669

Message 142 of 483 (566 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Lombax Warrior
213 posts

Mar 12, 2013

I can't believe that I found this thread!!!!  and totally by accident too! YAY!

Ok, let me tell ya'llz why and enjoy your giggles! ROFL

One day this past weekend, I saw 2 people with a Rainbow suit!!!  OMG, I MUST HAVE ONE!

But people are really funny on Home.  I asked and asked WHERE to find it.

A couple of people said in Costumes, A-Z at the bottom.  Well, I've looked EVERYWHERE, including there and can not find it.

So I did a google search for PS3 rainbow suit and not a lot of good hits... but then, I noticed THIS thread!

I agree with another poster.  There are lots of nasty people on Home when it comes to Gay people.

HOWEVER, I'm not one to accept that kind of behavior.  So I take them on and always make them look like the homophobic twahts they are.

What has REALLY warmed my heart, is that there ARE other Gay people there... including young ones who are going through such horrible harassment at home and school.  I've had so many take me into private and talk about their problems.  I try to help them realize that......

IT DOES GET BETTER

I get comments of how much better they feel and also feel energized to take on the bullies.  This may sound corny, but it's really rewarding to me.  I too suffered the bullies and made it through.  With all the news of young Gay people commiting suicide, I NEED to do anything and everything I can to save these wonderful lives.

As for environments, my favorites are :

Adventure District.  There's a Bar there!  Smiley Tongue and dance floor.  YOU'D BE SURPRISED how many Gay people come in there and take over the bar.  Sometimes, I'll just take over  the bar while others Gay people are there and turn it into an Openly Gay Bar!!! Smiley Happy

Bramblenook Farm:  that's where I saw the 2 people with Rainbow suits (and if anyone knows FOR SURE, where it is, please do be so kind as to let me know... I seriously must have one! LOL  Actually, I'm thinking of making one in real life for Pride Day! hehehehee

Action District:  oh this one is fun.  Some serious homophobes come there.  Almost too easy! LOL  but then, some very secure straight people come and are very supportive.  Also, some Gay people come in too.  When I sense the vibration, I'll start getting people to party and pull out their bubble machines... or Vincent!  Smiley Very Happy

LET'S GET TOGETHER AND GET OUR GAY ON! 

Just for the record.  One reason I'm like this now, is that I've seen way too many people do the hate thing.  I just no longer accept it and fight against it.  I started to fight against it back in the 1980's when I came out and became an activist.  Yes, did the marching things to push for our rights.

Now, I'm HAPPILY married to THE most wonderful man on the planet.  Together for 20 years, LEGALLY married for almost 5!  Heart

So yeah, I have a need to help people accept who they are and NOT allow OTHERS to DICTATE who they should be!!!!

Message 143 of 483 (535 Views)
First Son
1 posts

Mar 27, 2013

I havent played Playstaion Home in a very long time but recently got on in the past week or so and  i'm looking for friends ther also i play that as well as DC Universe. Feel free to add me if you want (Pscionic)

Message 144 of 483 (482 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
11 posts

Mar 29, 2013
I'm a gaymer too Smiley Happy True that people are so mean on home when it comes to homosexuality...Sad :/ anyway, if anyone wants to be friends add me (And3rs1fy) Smiley Happy
Message 145 of 483 (437 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
213 posts

Mar 29, 2013

ya see, here's the thing.  Yes, there ARE mean homophobes on HOME and Sony does NOTHING!!!!  about it.  In fact, I've seen 1 of their moderators display the same BS attitude... so go figure.

BUT, what we ALL must do, is confront and be smarter than those BUBBA homophobes.

I actually keep a file with excellent comebacks to homophobes and use it.  I also take them down verbally to out them as being as lame/stupid as they really are.

Also, you'd be surprised how many just go away when you suggest that everyone knows, that people who make the most noise about Gay people, are actually closet cases, attempting to deflect attention from themselves.

There are a lot of really backward, stupid people out there.  WE CANNOT HIDE FROM THEM EVER AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We can gather and when they start their BS, take them down, one at a time.

Also, what I've been seeing lately, is that when this happens, and I push right back at the idiots, so many other straight people come to my defense and also push these fools down.  It's amazing to see, actually.

Smiley Very Happy

Message 146 of 483 (397 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
11 posts

Mar 29, 2013
That's an amazing plan!! I'm in! Smiley Happy
Message 147 of 483 (392 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
213 posts

Mar 29, 2013

Well, right now, I'm heading over to the bar in Adventure District   Smiley LOL perhaps see ya there.  

Message 148 of 483 (382 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
11 posts

Mar 29, 2013
:0 Add meh! Let's fend people of together! :3
Message 149 of 483 (372 Views)
0 Likes