Treasure Hunter
4576 posts

Re: where do all the gay gamers hang out in Home?

Jan 8, 2012

uh, what are you even talking about? Me picking my avatar as a girl doesn't make me feel better. Where the heck did you get that from? I don't go around in Home saying I'm a girl when I'm using that avatar. I have all kinds of avatar's anyways. Maybe you shouldn't be a part of the Home community due to a lot of gay and bisexual people that pick girl avatar's to fit in more.

Beyond rude on your half.

Message 90 of 483 (573 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4576 posts

Jan 8, 2012

Let me just put it out there. Most people that are mad about 'guys' picking girl avatars is that they were tricked once or more.

Message 91 of 483 (764 Views)
Sackboy
506 posts

Jan 9, 2012

I can see it now...
   "AYE YO, WUR ALL MAH GAYS BE AT?"
On a serious note, I see them now and then... Well, Everywhere. I mean, I hang out everywhere and usually it is easy to spot them by there fabulous avatars.

Gay gamers stand up, But not in public... Threads like these and running around Home asking could present an issue because not everyone is accepting. <3Gaymers

Signature for ChrisMSandvig
Message 92 of 483 (764 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
521 posts

Jan 9, 2012

That's awfully rude. Maybe you're one of those people that insists on us to send you pictures so we can prove that we are women. You're shameful.

DuoMaxwell007 wrote:

...heh well ive been online long enough to know that its safe to assume that 100% all female avatars are males in real life until they can prove otherwise lol, ...

Message 93 of 483 (764 Views)
First Son
30 posts

Jan 28, 2012

I'm a gay gamer, and I get on HOME with my best friend all the time. We mostly keep to ourselves though. He enjoys it more than I do because I'd rather play a game like Uncharted 3 or Operation Raccoon City when it comes out, but feel free to add me. My ID is Jesseph.

----------
I'm a "Gaymer." If you know what that is and appreciate it, add me!
Message 94 of 483 (764 Views)
Splicer
62 posts

Feb 12, 2012

Please define "hardcore gamer" for me. This doesn't mean the same to everyone. I like to think of myself as a hardcore gamer, but I'm really not into the big adrenalin pumping, bullet flying war games. I prefer to use my brain over my thumb. This disqualifies me to a lot of "hardcore" gamers. I also prefer to wait a couple of months for the price of a game to go down, since $60 seems so silly, when two or three months later, a game tends to go down to $20, and has more DLC included on the disc.

Edin99 wrote:

just curious, are any of you gaymers actually hardcore gamers?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Psycho Archer's Gamercard

Message 95 of 483 (764 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
186 posts

Feb 12, 2012

@DuoMaxwell007

You would be surprised at how wrong you are...*smile* ...I am female and have dozens of real female friends that I game with on HOME...and every single one of us (that's me and my female friends) use only female avatars! It has been my experience, and I mostly communicate via MIC, that the friends I have who are males use male avatars, and the friends I have who are female, use female avatars. I even have a few friends that share the same PSN ID as couples...but I can always tell which 1/2 is in control of the avatar by the gender it is...because the hubby half uses a male avatar while the wife half uses a female avatar.

I know that a lot of folks assume everyone on HOME is male, until proven otherwise, but I think that is a very narrow minded point of view...seriously, that common default protocol serves only to drive another battle ship sized wedge between the two genders in an already over strained relationship between the sexes on HOME.

Essentially, what it does for us ladies is provide yet another boundary to our joyful gaming experience...if we aren't being treated like sex toys for every perv out there looking for someTHING to play with...then we are treated like fake females posing as such to make every perv out there look bad for hitting on us...as if it's OUR fault some people cannot use a little self control and treat EVERYONE, no matter what his/her gender is, with equal respect...and then we are told and demanded even to prove we are who we say we are...No...I think our country says we are innocent until proven guilty...Don't accuse me, until I give you cause to accuse me, please...

@ DuoMaxwell007 and other gaymers:

...as far as I'm concerned...I don't care what your sexual preference is...It's none of my business or anyone elses! I use my PS for gaming...I'm on HOME for gaming and socializing with other gamers like myself...I treat everyone with respect and give everyone the benefit of the doubt...until THAT person does something to warrant my doubting him/her...

I won't judge you or hate you...or try to change you...*smile*...and I think you deserve respect just as much as any other gamer in the world. If you are having trouble finding like minded people on HOME, you could try starting a club...and advertise it on the quest board if it's not against the TOS. Check that to make sure so you don't get into any trouble, though. There is also a club thread here in the forums where you could post information about your club. (http://community.us.playstation.com/message/37387981#37387981) Again, I STRONGLY suggest that you check with the rules and the TOS to make sure that it is in compliance with the official policies. I do hope you are successfull in finding the kind of friends you want...it's a terrible thing to feel alone.

Teehee2123 wrote:

That's awfully rude. Maybe you're one of those people that insists on us to send you pictures so we can prove that we are women. You're shameful.

DuoMaxwell007 wrote:

...heh well ive been online long enough to know that its safe to assume that 100% all female avatars are males in real life until they can prove otherwise lol, ...

Happy day, ya'all!

--Valzee

PSN ID: valzgr8

"How do we know that zombies are not happy being who they are?"

Just so you know...
Bullies do NOT get to tell the bullied to shut their Playstations off! Sony says so!

Photobucket

Message 96 of 483 (764 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
456 posts

Mar 8, 2012

Well as for me ssaaying i assume all girls are guys until they prove otherwise.. yes thats true but i dont ask them for pics or anything to procve it or even call them out on it until they say or do something that would make me ask or mention i think theyre a guy... for example if i talk to a "female" avatar everyday and we're just having normal conversation (i.e no flirting or anything of that nature) all the time then Ill think to myself "thats a guy" but Ill never SAY anything to you about it unless you tried flirting with me or say something that would force me to bring it up... now if in teh process of our normal conversations I determine that you are infact really a female then I no longer have to think youre a guy... I know females play video games... Ive played with plenty of uncharted 2 and 3 (they had mics) there was no mistaking that those wer efemales..... a female (whos also on my friends list) also helped me get all the BSAA emblems on RE5 so yeah I know females play games but when a 90% of trh gaming population are males and when some are KNOWN to make female characters just to "play tricks" on teh flirtatcious guys running around on Home (or internet chatrooms) why WOULDNT anyone  automatically assume every "girl" is a guy?

Inregards to people talking about guys plaing as female avatars and the guys that do it defending their actions... i dont think they guy playing as a female is the probablem people have... the problem people have with it is a guy playing as a female avatar and actually leading people to believe they really ARE female... instead of just when a guy walks up to your female avatar and tries to flirt with you... instad of just saying right then and there "im a dude"... youll instead do along with it dfor a few minutes, days, hours, weeks or even months befoer you finally tell him youre really not a girl (thats assuming you ever DO tell him) THATS the real problem people have with guys playing as girls. Its perfectly ok to play with a female avatar if youre upfront an dhonest about it right from the start.

As for gay gamers hanging out everywhere... well that shard to tell when just about evry space I enter ahs guy avatars flirting with female avatar where I can only count TWO times ive seen a guy avatar flirt with another guy avatar... so unless all "females" th guys are fliting with all over teh place are the gay gaymers that are "everywhere" pretending to be girls (as oposed to telling teh truth) then i have no way of knowing theyre "everywhere" and how many of them hang out in the gamers lounge as thats wher I usually congregate (though i dont see why considering it seem slike no one is ever there to actually play games)

Lastly I noticed it seems a few people cant read (noone on this thread though) as I get plenty of messages from gaymers on PSN about this very thread and all they want is to trade piics, webcam or cyber.... correct me if Im wrong but doesnt the OP specifically say that thats NOT what IIm looking for gaymers for?

Message 97 of 483 (764 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Fender Bender
2291 posts

Mar 8, 2012

DuoMaxwell007 wrote:

but when a 90% of trh gaming population are males

You're not on your brother's NES anymore.  Females make up 45% of gaming, easy.

Message 98 of 483 (764 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
281 posts

Mar 8, 2012

Almost. It's actually 42% according to the 2011 ESA demographics (scroll down to page five if you can't be bothered). We do make up 48% of the frequent game purchasers, however.

KatCall75 wrote:

DuoMaxwell007 wrote:

but when a 90% of trh gaming population are males

You're not on your brother's NES anymore.  Females make up 45% of gaming, easy.

Message 99 of 483 (764 Views)