Sep 26 2013
By: Sunny-Hallways Lombax Warrior 144 posts

Gay Clothes on Home Now ?

102 replies 1220 views Edited Sep 26, 2013

I heard  from a  friend now in x7  they are selling  Gay  Pride Clothes  is there any truth to this ???    also  since if they are selling  gay pride clothes in x7.  would we be seeing more gay clothes on home to  buy  for LBGT community ???  hope home starts makiing more clothes for our community i think  it will be great

Message 1 of 103 (1,220 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5870 posts

Re: Gay Clothes on Home Now ?

Sep 26, 2013

Sunny-Hallways wrote:

I heard  from a  friend now in x7  they are selling  Gay  Pride Clothes  is there any truth to this ???    also  since if they are selling  gay pride clothes in x7.  would we be seeing more gay clothes on home to  buy  for LBGT community ???  hope home starts makiing more clothes for our community i think  it will be great

Yes, it's true that there is Gay Pride items at X7. Take a look and see, http://alphazone4.com/store/update/1739/. It's about time we got some Gay Pride items in Home. Woman Happy

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 2 of 103 (1,188 Views)
Wastelander
779 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 26, 2013

Yes, although the male versions are utter crap. I know some people might bite by head off for saying that, but it's the truth. I personally find the male clothes to be prejudice against gay males. I mean if I wanted to be a dang gay tank in Left 4 Dead I'd go play Left 4 Dead. It's redicilous and I find it to be offensive to gay males. I mean, really, making the guy clothes look like that is just wrong imo.

It's very similar to how I feel about the male V swimsuits, but at least they were less bulky than this, I mean I can't even fathom how that could be possible. And, at least the female V swimsuits were a little weirdly pronounced physically too. But these gay "clothes" go so far as to just make a ridicule of gay men, I'm sorry to everyone who thinks differently, but it's how I feel. If you took the  sum of the gay/bi male population and looked at them HOW MANY DO YOU THINK WOULD EVEN REMOTELY LOOK LIKE THAT. Not very many at all. It's very disappointing to see this in my opinion.

Message 3 of 103 (1,162 Views)
nDreams Developer
514 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 26, 2013

Hi All,

nDreams are the ones behing the Pride Outfits and Chopper LMO.

The Male / Female packs that were released were based on images from Gay Pride parades, so it isn't something where we were looking to be prejudice against gay males. I've had some feedback already about how people would like to see smaller torsos (because everyone comes in all shapes and sizes!) and that's something we can be looking at but I just want to get that point across. 

We are glad to bring these items to Home and  the response we have had so far via PMs from LGBT folks has been great. 

Joey

nDreams Digital Product Manager

Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/ndreamers
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/joeydale13
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/ndreamers
Message 4 of 103 (1,136 Views)
Wastelander
779 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 26, 2013

nDreams_Joey wrote:

Hi All,

The Male / Female packs that were released were based on images from Gay Pride parades, so it isn't something where we were looking to be prejudice against gay males. I've had some feedback already about how people would like to see smaller torsos (because everyone comes in all shapes and sizes!) and that's something we can be looking at but I just want to **bleep** the "prejudice" thing in the bud straight away.

We are glad to bring these items to Home and  the response we have had so far via PMs from LGBT folks has been great. 

Joey

Thank you Joey for this clarification! Smiley Happy This helps me feel a lot better. I do understand that there are people out there that do look like that (especially at parades), but the vast majority of us are regular people who just want to be ourselves. I might've been a little harsh but it did hurt me a little to see them not looking fairly normal like the female versions Smiley Sad I would be VERY interested in a shirtless top that is a basic male torso with that flag design from the back of the female's top, I think a lot of people would enjoy something like that compared to the current selection Smiley Happy Thank you again.

I also want to point out that the choppers do look very good and I am really wanting to pick one of those up at some point Smiley Wink

Message 5 of 103 (1,120 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6276 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 26, 2013

nDreams_Joey wrote:

Hi All,

The Male / Female packs that were released were based on images from Gay Pride parades, so it isn't something where we were looking to be prejudice against gay males. I've had some feedback already about how people would like to see smaller torsos (because everyone comes in all shapes and sizes!) and that's something we can be looking at but I just want to get that point across. 

Joey

I understand what you're trying to do, and I'm not going to say Home isn't deserving of gay pride clothes. Though, I'm totally against this clothing line, and I'm a gay guy.

For starters, I think the clothing line self projects a stereotype of gays, which I don't like. It reminds me of San Francisco gay prides, with all of these guys looking beyond ridiculous. As for the females friends, and I have some females who are bi, or lesbian. They don't agree with clothing line either.

The stereotype I don't agree with, is the fact it makes all gays seem like that. The rainbow thing does not represent me at all, as a gay person. I don't need some symbol to show I have pride, and why couldn't it just be called gay pride? Instead of pride for that matter. I would've been more okay with it, and it's not offensive to call it gay pride. That's what majority people call it anyways. 

I would just have liked to seen the clothing a little more normal, and not self projecting one side of the gay community in general. Like hoodies, or t-shirts, that don't show the rainbow. Like things that state "love has no gender" or "equality with gender symbols of a male with male, or female with female" Just things that don't come off in that fashion would be okay.

Edit: Before someone comes in here and tries to flame me, I'll make this clear that I'm not trying to insult any gays that enjoy this content. Though, I think this line could be useful if the developer appeals to all gays, and not just a certain type.

Message 6 of 103 (1,053 Views)
Survivor
1979 posts

Sep 26, 2013
It is a throw-back to the old days of gay, when we were trying to find a community that accepted us. Now its pretty acceptable to be gay anywhere. So for the nostalgic reason alone is why I am enjoying these new items.
Message 7 of 103 (1,039 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13187 posts

Sep 26, 2013

nDreams_Joey wrote:

Hi All,

Joey

can't wait for another "offensive" thread about this Smiley Tongue

photo AL2009manBanner2013_zpsd80ecc86.png
Message 8 of 103 (1,029 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1235 posts

Sep 26, 2013
Like Mind, i'm gay and I can't say I would wear this stuff, but i'm not really againist it either. I do like rainbows but it's not really because of my sexuality, I must sayI too would have preferred something a little more subtle and less...flamboyant?
Message 9 of 103 (1,005 Views)
Fender Bender
1728 posts

Sep 26, 2013
2 things I liked were the rainbow that goes over your head allowing you to wear whatever you wish on your head and the chopper. If you haven't seen it the pride chopper is pretty sweet. I thought that one came out rather nice.
jason 1 8 0 2 1 2 8 signature
Message 10 of 103 (970 Views)