Lombax Warrior
281 posts

Re: Gang Activity on Home: Are Some "Fams" Going too Far?

Feb 20, 2012

Teehee2123 wrote:

ImM0Zb0 wrote:

Teehee2123 wrote:

A few clicks of "X" does do a lot. In my instances, I have had many people of a "Fam" in my face, shouting. I ignored every single one, and after a few minutes they left. Report them and move on, they will all get banned eventually. They may come back with another account, but they'll get tired of spending money.

One thing that I believe would help:

I know that in some games that I've seen, people can vote out a person who is in the world. Now, if this were to happen on Home, all the "Fams" would vote each others members out, then they would all disperse back to their apartments. Or, bystanders could just vote out the person who seems like the leader in it all. Problem - Resolved.

Many of these gang members do not spend money, or do so with alternate accounts.

A ban, or even repeated bans, does not affect their purchases unless their console is PermaBanned from the Network...So they seldom to never "get tired of spending money..."

And while some may get bored and move on, some just continue on, even increasing in numbers, attempting to get a response, occasionally too stupid to realize that you cannot even see what they are typing. Additionally, they engage in "merge" actions, and other invasive motions such as dancing on top of your avitar, purely for the harassment value.

The voting idea is too simplistic, as anyone not desired to be somewhere could be voted out, thereby infringing on their rights to enjoy any public space the same as anyone else. Some people would warrant a call out to every friend just to get that person voted out of an area, and just imagine the victimization cry that would ensue from that!

My POV: Enjoy YOUR Home experience, without forcing it on those around you.

1. 99% of the "Fams" I have seen spend money. Now, if someone gets banned, all the money they spent on their last account was gone. If they have to keep spending like $20 or so, they will get tired of it.

2. When they dance on me, I act like I like it, I'm like "Oh yeah!". Then they realize it isn't annoying me.

3. True about the voting factor, I've just seen it work in some areas. Now that I think of it, someone could just take over the whole area, then whenever someone entered, they would vote them out. Err. I don't think there is an alternate way other than "Report, Block, move on." Oh well.

I can tell you from ALOT of experience with certain fams that what they do is this if a fam fight breaks out or if they are up to mischief:they will leave a friend in the space where the action is going on then leave and go into their side accounts that they spend nothing on then come back by going to where there friend is then start the "festivities".Then the rest just take turns switching accounts,no cash lost whatsoever.

Vae Victis
Message 251 of 262 (150 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
521 posts

Feb 20, 2012

CTHULU93 wrote:

Teehee2123 wrote:

ImM0Zb0 wrote:

Teehee2123 wrote:

A few clicks of "X" does do a lot. In my instances, I have had many people of a "Fam" in my face, shouting. I ignored every single one, and after a few minutes they left. Report them and move on, they will all get banned eventually. They may come back with another account, but they'll get tired of spending money.

I know that in some games that I've seen, people can vote out a person who is in the world. Now, if this were to happen on Home, all the "Fams" would vote each others members out, then they would all disperse back to their apartments. Or, bystanders could just vote out the person who seems like the leader in it all. Problem - Resolved.

Many of these gang members do not spend money, or do so with alternate accounts.

A ban, or even repeated bans, does not affect their purchases unless their console is PermaBanned from the Network...So they seldom to never "get tired of spending money..."

And while some may get bored and move on, some just continue on, even increasing in numbers, attempting to get a response, occasionally too stupid to realize that you cannot even see what they are typing. Additionally, they engage in "merge" actions, and other invasive motions such as dancing on top of your avitar, purely for the harassment value.

The voting idea is too simplistic, as anyone not desired to be somewhere could be voted out, thereby infringing on their rights to enjoy any public space the same as anyone else. Some people would warrant a call out to every friend just to get that person voted out of an area, and just imagine the victimization cry that would ensue from that!

1. 99% of the "Fams" I have seen spend money. Now, if someone gets banned, all the money they spent on their last account was gone. If they have to keep spending like $20 or so, they will get tired of it.

2. When they dance on me, I act like I like it, I'm like "Oh yeah!". Then they realize it isn't annoying me.

3. True about the voting factor, I've just seen it work in some areas. Now that I think of it, someone could just take over the whole area, then whenever someone entered, they would vote them out. Err. I don't think there is an alternate way other than "Report, Block, move on." Oh well.

I can tell you from ALOT of experience with certain fams that what they do is this if a fam fight breaks out or if they are up to mischief:they will leave a friend in the space where the action is going on then leave and go into their side accounts that they spend nothing on then come back by going to where there friend is then start the "festivities".Then the rest just take turns switching accounts,no cash lost whatsoever.

Vae Victis

Report, ignore, and move on. Simple. Maybe you should follow it.

Message 252 of 262 (150 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
636 posts

Feb 20, 2012

I've only been on Home for about two months, but I was already had some experience with fams.  I was approached by someone to join their fam and not knowing any better, I agreed to join thinking it would be a good way to meet people.  It wound-up being just a bunch of nonsense. The rules, the drama, the colours, the constant bombardment of messages to assemble. Give me a break.  I lasted three days before I left.    I realize not all fams are the same and there are some good ones around; but they seem to be few and far between.

It is a problem for Sony if people are being harassed by gangs, or fams on Home because besides being a community, it is also a retail space.  If someone came into my business and started harassing my customers, you can bet I'd be calling security.  If fam or gang activity wind-up effecting Sony's bottom line they will take action.   If not, users will simply go and spend their money elsewhere, and that would be real shame because I for one like Home, and think it has real potential in the future.

Message 253 of 262 (150 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
281 posts

Feb 20, 2012

Teehee2123 wrote:

CTHULU93 wrote:

Teehee2123 wrote:

ImM0Zb0 wrote:

Teehee2123 wrote:

Vae Victis

Report, ignore, and move on. Simple. Maybe you should follow it.

Nah,I have too much fun talking with them to report or move on.See I don't get butt hurt when others disagree with me,call me names or threaten me so I'm sure nothing,and I'm pretty sure I mean absolutely nothing,could make me leave a space before I was ready to leave anyways.

Vae Victis
Message 254 of 262 (150 Views)
First Son
2 posts

Mar 1, 2012

I was recently in a fam, and decided that it was time to do my own thing. I think it is absolutly ridiculous to see people judge other peoples avis based on the clothes they wear, thus calling them noobs and such.. it isnt right some of these "noobs" have been on pshome for years.. and i dont think its right to expect people to have to go and spend real money on clothes for an avatar. this game is quite similar to the sims, why cant there be something so people can work on pshome to earn money to buy these things, because some people just cant afford psn cards.. (I have spent quite a bit of money on ps home) If the home standards and expectations of people werent so high i do honestly believe that there would be a better game play experiance. as for the fams, its childish, and people take this stuff to thier heads. people shouldn't have to feel uncomfortable in a virtual world.

Message 255 of 262 (150 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
60 posts

Mar 2, 2012

if you ask me the whole thing is retarted and i was in one of those stupid fams for a day and those dude were all a bunch wanabees gangsters but were probably a bunch of little kids.

Message 256 of 262 (150 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
11607 posts

Mar 2, 2012

I can't believe this thread is still active, but I'm glad it is.

People whining about what happens in a "Virtual" world, tops my list sadness.

Keep up the good work. I always need my daily laugh.

Message 257 of 262 (150 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Aug 3, 2012

wowwwww thats terrible!!
 I've had my ps3 since August of 2010 and just a few days ago I tried out PS Home.

A couple of people I friended wanted to make a Fam. This whole fam this was new to me, so I figured it was just a group of people with similar interest. I figured, it couldn't be all that bad since we seem pretty down to earth and chill. You know, the usual, look out for each other, stick together, and find things in common like videogames and anime. But then one of the guys that helped with the Fam idea starts cussing random people out and noob trolls, and me and the 3rd creator of the Fam have to keep apologizing for him.

We're considering on kicking him out b/c we're not that kind of fam. Our first rule is to respect people, no matter who and what they are. But he's not following it at all (-_-) .

Besides that, we're a fam that's partially RPGing as kings, queens, princes, princesses, knights and FBI knights, assassins, rogues, gods, goddesses, wiccans, and two Deaths (Lady Death and God of Death). We just want to make a Fam of people who want to chill together and have fun... none of that stressful gang wars type stuff.

I'm glad I'm reading about the history of Fams on here though. It's all new to me.

Message 258 of 262 (137 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Aug 3, 2012

Lol trolling.

I wish Fams in the internet world were less like gangs in this real world. I was asked to join a fam this week (I've had the PS3 since Summer 2010 and I'm only new trying out this Home thing), and I was confused. I said no simply because he dressed up his avatar like a gangster lolol. I'm not into Gangs... Fams should be "family"... good "families"

Message 259 of 262 (129 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
First Son
10 posts

Dec 30, 2012
I personally don't think anything is wrong with being in a fam as long as u stay real and tru to self forget Wat ppl think
Message 260 of 262 (98 Views)
0 Likes