Highlighted
Nov 15 2012
By: Kid_Fleetfoot Fender Bender 2680 posts
Accepted Solution

Game Mechanics chairs we can write names on info

7 replies 292 views Edited Nov 15, 2012

This is not a complaint and I'm not looking for support.

It is informational.

Game Mechanics sells chairs that we can write names (or any words) on. I like them. They're good decorational pieces.

However, people should be aware that when sitting in the chairs, we can not type text speech.

Also, visitors can write what they want on the chairs they're sitting in erasing what the owner may have already written or even left as is the latter which reads Your Name Here.

Again, I like the chairs. While I do wish we could talk while sitting in them (someone told me we were supposed to read minds Smiley Wink) they're ok by me.

Watch out for the people who may write nefarious things on your chairs.

They're neat as decorative chairs that we can sit in but nothing more.

"As far as I go, As far as I know, I always got a place called Home." - Tiga & memories

Message 1 of 8 (292 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
9504 posts

Re: Game Mechanics chairs we can write names on info

Nov 15, 2012
Hmm good to know. Those are interesting points. It may be worth mentioning to the dev about that in hopes they will fix the issues. They are still a new dev and are looking for feedback like this I'm sure if not for next releases.
Support Forums
Message 2 of 8 (277 Views)
Game Mechanics Developer
193 posts

Nov 16, 2012

Thanks for posting this. Somehow it got all the way through test without anyone noticing. My guess is they all have keyboards plugged in. That works.

We are fixing them and sending them into Sony.

Message 3 of 8 (245 Views)
Fender Bender
2680 posts

Nov 16, 2012

GameMechanics wrote:

Thanks for posting this. Somehow it got all the way through test without anyone noticing. My guess is they all have keyboards plugged in. That works.

We are fixing them and sending them into Sony.

Thank you. 

"As far as I go, As far as I know, I always got a place called Home." - Tiga & memories

Message 4 of 8 (220 Views)
Wastelander
591 posts

Nov 17, 2012

Oh noo! i liked this feature, i thought it was cute and funny!  there goes all my fun.. i was gonna buy these too..

Message 5 of 8 (202 Views)
Game Mechanics Developer
193 posts

Nov 17, 2012

Just to be clear, we are fixing the entering text issue. We are leaving the ability for guests to change the text. We think that is a big feature. Especially in clubs.

Message 6 of 8 (176 Views)
Fender Bender
2680 posts

Nov 17, 2012

GameMechanics wrote:

Just to be clear, we are fixing the entering text issue. We are leaving the ability for guests to change the text. We think that is a big feature. Especially in clubs.

As long as I can type text and talk with speech bubbles, I'm OK. I can't now but I gather you are fixing that.

As for the information I passed that people can write on a space owners chairs, well, that is all right but some are going to be surprised.

Thanks! Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 8 (165 Views)
0 Likes
Game Mechanics Developer
193 posts

Jan 19, 2013

The fixes are in. You can now text chat with the controller while seated in a chair. We changed the modify text button from Triangle to Square.

We also fixed one other bug that had to do with emotes being propagated across the network when seated.

That was everything we knew of. Thanks for the feedback. Enjoy!

Message 8 of 8 (118 Views)