Gaming Beast
1633 posts

Re: Game Mechanics Speaks

[ Edited ]
Oct 22, 2013

Shadow-Runner wrote:

Taken from their Facebook page...

"Don't go spreading this around but we got our first partial week's numbers on our SeaClyff space and so far it is on track to be our #1 seller by UNITS (not dollars). Obviously since it is our highest priced item it is going to be our highest revenue generating item also. We want to thank everyone who believed in us, saw it and bought it. Our plan was if this was successful to do more. It looks like if the trend continues we will be doing more."

So...from this, I deduce: More people liked the Skyclyff apartment & club and bought it...than those who spoke out against it; if you were among those few...it would appear that you were in the minority. The 1% that didnt count. We posted feedback threads regarding the Skyclyff space, back when it was released. The response Game Mechanics gave, was less than satisfying to some. 

My point: Some developers only listen to those who open their wallets...and turn a deaf ear to those who think things could be done better...or differently. 

Maybe Im wrong....am I?  What do you think?

Maybe less people in Home are buying stuff so to balance things out .. stuff like personal spaces will start to cost more money?? ..I dunno..

GM said that it was their "highest revenue generating" item or whatever.. but that probably wouldn't be saying much.. What else did they have that was a big kick on Home?.. Battlebots? lol yeah right..

Message 21 of 45 (198 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5310 posts

Oct 22, 2013

It's good to see a developer having some success with their content. That's a good sign for the future of Home.

As I said before, my reasons for not buying had less to do with price and more to do with the number of personal spaces I own. I've also passed on much less expensive spaces from Granzella, Lockwood and nDreams that, once upon a time, I might have bought. I just don't know what to do with them all now.

Take the Nightmare Yacht. Great concept, looks awesome, but I've got the Dream Yacht and Cutteridge is my go-to Halloween space. I bought new Halloween items for it instead of buying the Nightmare Yacht. The difference, for me, is all of the minigames built in to Cutteridge. Jasper's maze is still scary, and the Poltergeist Box is an awesome feature.

In general, I'm just more demanding of personal spaces and items now. I'll seldom buy anything that isn't an active item, and it needs to fit a particular theme that I'm working on. I've got my ultimate Halloween space at Cutteridge and my ultimate Christmas space at Winter Vacation Villa. Bramblenook will be set up for Thanksgiving, and I'm trying to turn Glittering Sands into a proper resort.

If a new space came along that fit that sort of a theme for me, I'd be interested. Another house that's a house? Even with interactive features, it's just not enough. I own more real estate than Donald Trump as it is.

Follow me on Twitter:
twitter.com/hearitwow

Watch past episodes:
HomeCast at HomeStation Magazine

Message 22 of 45 (176 Views)
Lombax Warrior
198 posts

Oct 22, 2013

GM responded to the complainers on the thread that was started when it was released its obvious though that the buyers out numbered the complainers. As I said in the past I was impressed with the space and very glad they released it. Yes it has a few things that could be better. But there will always be critics. Nothing is perfect. Everyone has different tastes.

What I want to do to most people..Fallen
Message 23 of 45 (175 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4505 posts

Oct 22, 2013

Edisen wrote:

I know everyone would  like to have changeable day/night cycle settings in apartments.  The problem is that I have yet to find any personal space where the day/night settings actually work simultaneously for both owner AND guests.  And this problem seems consistent across mutilple developers. 

Here are the some where the Time of Day change is simultaneous for both owner and guests:

LOOT - Sunset Yacht

GZ - My Private Hideaway

LKWD - Dream Yacht

HW - Avalon Keep

HW - Avalon Keep Clubhouse

GZ - Glittering Sands Secluded Retreat

Jug - Seven Winds Personal Space

Jug - Seven Winds Clubhouse

GZ - Japanese Teahouse

GZ - GZ Burger

LKWD - Dream Yacht: Arctic Voyage

GZ - City of Flowers Penthouse "Wonders of the World"

Jug - Bramblenook Farm

Q-Two - Seasons-themed room [seasonal change]

GZ - Secret Peacekeeping Base, Yuma Café

GZ - Nostalgic School Days

So that's a minimum of 16 spaces from 6 different developers (none from Sony) that have simultaneous time of day changes.

Can you list the spaces where the Time of Day changes do not work simultaneously for both owner AND guests?

Sony's PlayStation Home updated mission statement...

"Like it never happened"

- Stand for something better than mediocrity and don't disguise it as adequate, when clearly it is far from that to anyone willing to be objective and unbiased. -

Message 24 of 45 (170 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
9504 posts

Oct 22, 2013
It is a nicely made space but the $19.99 pricetag turned me off instantly. I then hoped to be wowed into purchasing it but after touring, despite some features I enjoyed there wasnt enough there to seal the deal for me.
The fact that he advertised it as no club rewards then when the club had rewards he retroactively removed them is really stupid also. Why would he remove something that encourages purchases or people to buy? Oh yeah because the club is cheaper and he wants to force the $20 apartment. Thats why. I am not paying five dollars extra for an experience I could have had and DID once have for $15. For people saying they know the community, they went right beyond our wishes for that fix.
Support Forums
Message 25 of 45 (161 Views)
I Only Post Everything
676 posts

Oct 22, 2013
DB Mansion is the only one I can think of where interactions don't sync across different users.
Message 26 of 45 (160 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
9504 posts

Oct 22, 2013
Actually D, I remember from release the LKWD arctic yacht has trouble syncing the diurnal controls for guests and owners. Sometimes it works other times it does not show for guests. I do not believe the original Dream Yacht suffers from the same issue.
Support Forums
Message 27 of 45 (158 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2760 posts

Oct 22, 2013
I have day/night issues for guests on both the Arctic and Dream yachts. As you noted, this issue is inconsistent.
Posted Image

Message 28 of 45 (154 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
412 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 22, 2013

I'm very glad that Game Mechanics's SeaClyff is a success. It was apparently a huge gamble that they were willing to take, and it paid off nicely.

On the other hand, it does show how difficult a market Home is to make a profit, and how small the margins are.

Eitherway, I'm curious to see what they'll bring next. Smiley Happy  

Message 29 of 45 (147 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4505 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 22, 2013

smokingpistol wrote:
Actually D, I remember from release the LKWD arctic yacht has trouble syncing the diurnal controls for guests and owners. Sometimes it works other times it does not show for guests. I do not believe the original Dream Yacht suffers from the same issue.

Yes, that is just a bug.  When it works properly, which at least for me has been most of the time, it synchs for everyone at the same time I change it.  Same for when I am visiting friends.

This is not at all the same as when a space's Time of Day is not designed to synch for owners and guests.\

In fact, I think even the Diamond Mansion Time of Day changes are designed to synch, unlike all the other interactive features in that space.

The post I responded to was saying that they have yet to find any personal space where the day/night settings actually work simultaneously for both owner AND guests.  And this problem seems consistent across mutilple developers. 

So far I've listed 16 from 6 dif devs (more if you include the Diamond Mansion) that do.

So again, what spaces have Time of Day changes that are not synced (by design)?

Sony's PlayStation Home updated mission statement...

"Like it never happened"

- Stand for something better than mediocrity and don't disguise it as adequate, when clearly it is far from that to anyone willing to be objective and unbiased. -

Message 30 of 45 (138 Views)
0 Likes