Treasure Hunter
4505 posts

Re: Game Mechanics SeaClyff Retreat

[ Edited ]
Sep 25, 2013

StardustChampion wrote:

You should take a moment to learn the meaning of that word:

http://www.urban75.com/Mag/troll.html

I am familiar with it, and it reminds me of you quite well.  Your current and past history in this forum are great examples of it.... Which explains why only one of us has been warned, suspended, and temporarily banned from this forum.

Spoiler Alert:

Spoiler
It wasn't me.

While you are at it maybe you should look up the meaning of the word "Duplicate" as apparently you have as much understanding of what that means as you do on what it means to behave like a troll on a forum.

As for this "different" thread, anyone who is objective and actually bothers to read my threads knows I am nothing if not direct and critical where criticism is due, and most definitely am not some kind of sales shill for anyone.

However, unless you happen to be living under a rock... Anyone can clearly see the devs are struggling to justify making content for Home what with the obvious shrinking paying population likely forcing their hand on raising prices to make up for the loss of sales potential... Which in turn only makes their customers bitter and I am sure in many cases stop buying.

It's an ugly cycle, and it's an unsustainable strategy, but what other choice do they have other than to stop making content altogether... And if they did that, how would that benefit the users?

Personally, if I was a dev or worked for one, I would be furious at Sony for doing little to promote and market the service over the last couple years in order to at least try and expand the user base.  Sony wont even include a single Home reward in any of their games... That's how much Sony cares about promoting Home.

I would also be furious at Sony for not fixing many of the item management issues, that have caused many dedicated spenders to cut way back on purchasing items due to the fact that it is often a pain staking task to try and find things you want that are forced into storage... Especially storage item categories like Ornaments, Torso, and even Portables now.  

Yet Sony has done very little to try and improve these issues or for that matter even acknowledge their existence and respond to their customers concerns and complaints:

SONY & DEVS - Item Management is a Mess: Fix it = More Sales! Remain Silent = Lose Sales!

That said devs should share some of the blame as well, and I certainly have not held back my criticism of some of the things they have done that have had a negative impact on Home's future... Like the insane amount of grinding for very little reward.

However, I can also understand and sympathize with their situation, especial now with obviously so few customers left to sell to.  So when I see a developer, like Game Mechanics going out of there way to show interest in the community and communicating with us on a regular basis, and clearly trying to make products we want and prices we can swallow... Then I am happy to help promote their product.

Now if this space is released with issues and things I don't like, you can probably count on my bringing them up, just as I have done with many of products from devs that were significantly disappointing.

If you want to try and discredit me and call me a shill, shamelessly promoting a dev's product, I suppose you have the right to do so... But frankly your behavior as exhibited here and in other posts recently and in the past likely says sooo much more about the kind of person you are, then how it reflects on who I am.

Then again, based on your comment in my Blimp Guide, you probably stopped reading this post about 140 characters into it... and waiting for the Cliff Notes version to get posted.

Sony's PlayStation Home updated mission statement...

"Like it never happened"

- Stand for something better than mediocrity and don't disguise it as adequate, when clearly it is far from that to anyone willing to be objective and unbiased. -

Message 11 of 42 (387 Views)
Shinra Executive
29271 posts

Sep 25, 2013

Black_MagicWoman wrote:

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:

I guess I need to read the entire thread but have they announced the price yet?

Usually when their coy about the price.  It could mean our wallets are going to be hurting.Woman Happy

I suspect it's not cheap. We couldn't get an answer about the price at the blog event! Smiley Wink

Message 12 of 42 (378 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
I Only Post Everything
1238 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 25, 2013

@VioletWinds 

John is awesome, extremly candid and very professional. I worked on the art for one of the murals featured in the space and he always kept me in the loop as far as the status of the space was concerned while not spilling out all of the surprises :-). Although I knew about the murals feature early on, like the rest of you, I just got to watch feature video last night and honestly, I was blown away by how many features he was able to program into the space and manage to include 15 picture frame slots as well. Honestly, I think he is the most memory effecient programmer on Home and it shows especially with items like A Day at the Races and the Table with Bar Stools (A favorite of mine for hosting get togethers). Basically, the SeaClyff Retreat is the current Capstone and culmination of Game Mechanics experience with Home. This has got to be the closest thing I have ever seen to an actual house in home with all of the working details in place. I can't wait to pick this up :-)

Message 13 of 42 (362 Views)
Welcoming Committee
6035 posts

Sep 25, 2013

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:

Black_MagicWoman wrote:

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:

Usually when their coy about the price.  It could mean our wallets are going to be hurting.Woman Happy

I suspect it's not cheap. We couldn't get an answer about the price at the blog event! Smiley Wink

The plot thickens.Woman Happy

=+=Irresponsible kids are raised by irresponsible parents who were once irresponsible kids themselves.The vicious cycle continues.=+=[/IMG]
Message 14 of 42 (351 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
676 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 25, 2013

At the blog event I went to a couple weeks ago, he said the price will be less than the full mansion, which means under $35.

Edit: Pricing now confirmed in OP.

Message 15 of 42 (311 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13187 posts

Sep 25, 2013

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:

well... I think the recent US Blog post is http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/09/25/new-to-playstation-home-diablo-iii-items-boxing-gym-laser-...

in X7...if you able to check the price then let us know

photo AL2009manBanner2013_zpsd80ecc86.png
Message 17 of 42 (274 Views)
0 Likes
Shinra Executive
29271 posts

Sep 25, 2013

al2009man wrote:

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:

well... I think the recent US Blog post is http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/09/25/new-to-playstation-home-diablo-iii-items-boxing-gym-laser-...

in X7...if you able to check the price then let us know

I don't recall seeing this in X7 this morning. How about YOU check Al and report back. 

Message 18 of 42 (273 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13187 posts

Sep 25, 2013

Tarazuma wrote:

The man cave sign is most definitely a deal breaker for me. I'm not a man, and it totally ruins anything I would have done with the basement.

I wonder what the Man-Cave sign looks like?

why would i know?

*Caveman reference?*

Message 19 of 42 (269 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13187 posts

Sep 25, 2013

Lord_Rinja wrote:

@VioletWinds 

John is awesome, extremly candid and very professional. I worked on the art for one of the murals featured in the space and he always kept me in the loop as far as the status of the space was concerned while not spilling out all of the surprises :-). Although I knew about the murals feature early on, like the rest of you, I just got to watch feature video last night and honestly, I was blown away by how many features he was able to program into the space and manage to include 15 picture frame slots as well. Honestly, I think he is the most memory effecient programmer on Home and it shows especially with items like A Day at the Races and the Table with Bar Stools (A favorite of mine for hosting get togethers). Basically, the SeaClyff Retreat is the current Capstone and culmination of Game Mechanics experience with Home. This has got to be the closest thing I have ever seen to an actual house in home with all of the working details in place. I can't wait to pick this up :-)

after reading the YourPSHome.net interview with John...

http://www.yourpshome.net/threads/ypsh-chats-with-john-ardussi-about-game-mechanics-the-new-seaclyff...

**bleep**, never knew he first idea was on Cutthroats

Message 20 of 42 (265 Views)
0 Likes