Fender Bender
3075 posts

Re: Game Mechanics Race Cars Informal Poll

Feb 17, 2013

I like the new Stock Car active items. I even suggested a while back ago that they make cars we could actually interact with or sit in, for our personal spaces. Very Satified.

bobs fed signature
Message 31 of 38 (375 Views)
Fender Bender
2681 posts

Feb 18, 2013

GameMechanics wrote:

Kid_Fleetfoot wrote:
I don't know where these new cars are.

Game Mechanics has a delapitated garage for sale. It's great in my opinion.

I can't remember who made the Racing Space but it too is great in my opinion.

Both garage spaces have spaces to put cars. I use the ones from the Racing Space, the race cars and the tractor and the Christmas sleigh and the bumper car seat and maybe something else.

These cars are in our store.

Jam Games has the dilapidated garage. I am sure they are happy to see our cars.

I helped Sony make the racing space. It is in their store and possibly some bundles. The cars do look good there. That is where they are shown in the Virtual Item Showcase.

The Mansion Garage is also a great place for them. Either in the garage or in the driveway. Many people got that space for free so they may not remember they have it.

I am sure more great spaces are coming.

Thanks, I bought four cars. I like the sit i them start up the motor rev it up also option. They're bigger than the racing cars but work fine in the Racing Box.

I will say that the cars start up in the JAM delapitated garage wbut don't rev up. But hey!  That's why I have it there, to fix it. Seriously, the JAM garage had some issues before I think with sound but I still love it. I have a juke box player in it and did have a Xi Continuum radio boombox but had to take it out because the music player and the Game Mechanic car will not start up when the when th Si music player is playing.

The four cars were in a bundle.

I'm very happy with them.  

"As far as I go, As far as I know, I always got a place called Home." - Tiga & memories

Message 32 of 38 (359 Views)
Fender Bender
3408 posts

Feb 18, 2013

I really thought that they were pretty nice.  I like the overall look of them and they're pretty ok. Not anything to special at all but I can see lots of potential for future cars in these.

photo tumblr_ltj7u6nyrU1qetp61o1_500_zpse82365c3.gif
http://auroraterra.deviantart.com/
Message 33 of 38 (349 Views)
Survivor
1924 posts

Feb 18, 2013

I haven't picked one up, but I plan to. Right now I'm in the middle of grinding out points to place well in a Home game, the Edo Ogre Extermination. Cause I'm busy grinding, don't have time to enjoy much else. But after this event, around the 27th, I plan to pick up the black race car.

the black one reminds me of the black Earnhardt nascar car. I like it alot. I would buy more but it's essentially the same exact texture. Just with some color swaps. hard to justify buying all 4. Well, I'm sure some will love all four.  I just will wait to see what else Home comes up with.

I think this is the start of a great concept. Full sized vehicles that aren't super low polycount. The Loot MIB black cars are nice and big too. But too low resolution. I wish they could be as good a quality as yours. three is a good footprint size slotwise. Anything bigger and you start to eat too much of what can be put out in an apartment. Btw, some may like sitting in the car, but if you can drop it to two slots, I would prefer that. Even if I can't sit in it, it's more useful as decoration for me.

I think there currently is a demand for vehicles. Specifically, I think people want something like a porshe or a lambourgini for their Home apartments. Something that costs alot and is "sexy". Of course licensing costs money, but really, anything fast looking and classy would sell well in Home. Course some may want a big truck. Or a TANK. Planes. etc.

Not too long ago, Ford Motors had a presence in Home. But back then items were really limited.. Maybe you can contact the guys who used to make stuff for Home? You might be able to actually convince their marketing division that it's worth giving YOU some money to make Ford cars in Home. For them it would be "advertisement". And we all know they spend millions advertising.

Anyways, just some thoughts. Hope to see more of you in Home. 

Smiley Happy

Message 34 of 38 (348 Views)
Treasure Hunter
3279 posts

Feb 18, 2013

Kid_Fleetfoot wrote:

GameMechanics wrote:

Kid_Fleetfoot wrote:
I don't know where these new cars are.

Game Mechanics has a delapitated garage for sale. It's great in my opinion.

I can't remember who made the Racing Space but it too is great in my opinion.

Both garage spaces have spaces to put cars. I use the ones from the Racing Space, the race cars and the tractor and the Christmas sleigh and the bumper car seat and maybe something else.

These cars are in our store.

Jam Games has the dilapidated garage. I am sure they are happy to see our cars.

I helped Sony make the racing space. It is in their store and possibly some bundles. The cars do look good there. That is where they are shown in the Virtual Item Showcase.

The Mansion Garage is also a great place for them. Either in the garage or in the driveway. Many people got that space for free so they may not remember they have it.

I am sure more great spaces are coming.

Thanks, I bought four cars. I like the sit i them start up the motor rev it up also option. They're bigger than the racing cars but work fine in the Racing Box.

I will say that the cars start up in the JAM delapitated garage wbut don't rev up. But hey!  That's why I have it there, to fix it. Seriously, the JAM garage had some issues before I think with sound but I still love it. I have a juke box player in it and did have a Xi Continuum radio boombox but had to take it out because the music player and the Game Mechanic car will not start up when the when th Si music player is playing.

The four cars were in a bundle.

I'm very happy with them.  

They also wont rev up in the Lockwood Dream Hideaway, havent tried any other spaces yet.

photo rsz_pshomeless1_zpst3ouqfpg.png
Message 35 of 38 (338 Views)
Game Mechanics Developer
193 posts

Feb 18, 2013

bestscreenname wrote:

Kid_Fleetfoot wrote:

They also wont rev up in the Lockwood Dream Hideaway, havent tried any other spaces yet.

We are looking into it. The fact that it works in some spaces and not in others makes me think it is not on our end. I tested music players in the Race On space and you cannot play two at once. The same two do play in Harbor Studio at the same time.

Whatever the issue is, we will figure it out and let you know. Feel free to post anything you find. Thanks!

Message 36 of 38 (327 Views)
Game Mechanics Developer
193 posts

Feb 19, 2013

It looks like some apartments already have a lot of sounds playing and don't have room for many more. You can think of it as similar to furniture slots only these are sound slots. Depending on the sound, they use up a certain number of slots. While our needs are small, some spaces have very few slots available.

So if you find a space that does not let you play as many sounds as you want, be sure to tell the developer. There may be something they can do to address it.

Items can also use a lot of sound slots, but that is not the case in terms of our items. We focus specifically on using the minimum number of resources required to get the job done.

Excellent spot by the way! Keep them coming and we will be happy to answer any questions we can.

Message 37 of 38 (294 Views)
Treasure Hunter
3279 posts

Feb 19, 2013

Good to know.  I did notice something about the sounds though, when I was seeing if the cars would rev in certain spaces a lot of the time instead of reving it would make the start up sound again while the engine running noise was already going.  Not a big issue but ust thought I'd let you know.

photo rsz_pshomeless1_zpst3ouqfpg.png
Message 38 of 38 (291 Views)
0 Likes