Ghost of Sparta
11842 posts

Re: Game Mechanics Race Cars Informal Poll

Feb 17, 2013

Cool because they remind me of NASCAR. Not cool because you slap "Contender" on all your products.

Atom Republic is just as bad with that Logo.

Just make items without branding them with a name.

Message 11 of 38 (752 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4834 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 17, 2013

Sophronia wrote:

Not sure if they'd be too big, but those as Locomotions... would be epic. Or maybe a NASCAR style racing game in a personal space. What I'm tryin' to say is: I wanna drive them around! lol :3

@Sophie. You should visit my track (2nd city #130195) in Home Tycoon. I would like to see how many people (cars) I can get in there at the same time and see them all on the track together.  Smiley Very Happy   It's a pretty nice track.   Smiley Tongue

On topic: Sorry, I have not seen the new Game Mechs Cars in person. They look nice from here but if they NO GO, I no get.  Smiley Sad  Welcome GM and I wish you the best of luck.    Smiley Wink

Message 12 of 38 (744 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3241 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 17, 2013

Something else that just dawned on me....

preview_Riding.jpeg

These new LMO's could actually hold 2 people while rolling around in Home.

The Granzella floaties allow 2 people to explore the ocean area at the Glimmering Sands beach.

If you guys were to add a few music track packs for custom music experiences, all I can say is CHA CHING !...You would now have the item line of the year and take Home by storm.

Message 13 of 38 (738 Views)
Game Mechanics Developer
193 posts

Feb 17, 2013

CMCSAVAGE wrote:

Cool because they remind me of NASCAR. Not cool because you slap "Contender" on all your products.

Atom Republic is just as bad with that Logo.

Just make items without branding them with a name.

Having a brand reflects the sports theme. It reflects the genre. Having blank tires would look odd. The Road Runner cartoons had Acme products. We are trying to do the same thing. Some people like it.

Message 14 of 38 (717 Views)
Treasure Hunter
3279 posts

Feb 17, 2013

I like them.  I bought the black one myself.  They're neat, low slot count, good price and full scale items are always a plus.  You should make a Days of Thunder color scheme though, I'd pick that one up too.  I'm wondering if you guys have ever thought of making a public game space?  I could see a racing game with our actual avatars driving and car customization being a cool space, maybe even track building and someone suggested karts on the last page, an indoor kart racing track(with our avatars) would be pretty fun too.

photo rsz_pshomeless1_zpst3ouqfpg.png
Message 15 of 38 (694 Views)
Treasure Hunter
6276 posts

Feb 17, 2013

ILLUMIN-X wrote:

Toggy20 wrote:
cars would be to big in public but now a gokart wouldnt people would get made when you park over there avi

They could be made in smaller scales like so:

preview_Riding.jpeg

Good times.

I miss events like this.

Bu to the thread, neutral.

It would be interesting to see a lmo that size.

Message 16 of 38 (684 Views)
Game Mechanics Developer
193 posts

Feb 17, 2013

xMINDBlIlURx wrote:

There are memory limits. We are working hard to see if we can come up with something good within those limits.

Message 17 of 38 (676 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
324 posts

Feb 17, 2013

Haven't bought 1 yet, but a little off topic. But I'm convinced that I would love em, since the stuff you released before always have been in my taste.

Message 18 of 38 (672 Views)
Treasure Hunter
6276 posts

Feb 17, 2013

GameMechanics wrote:

xMINDBlIlURx wrote:

There are memory limits. We are working hard to see if we can come up with something good within those limits.

I would figure as much. Taking from another company who has the mech lmos, those are pretty big in size. Assuming those would take some memory as well.

Would be nice to see something like that, from your company. Not really a mech, but anything original would be nice.

Message 19 of 38 (662 Views)
Treasure Hunter
3752 posts

Feb 17, 2013

I think that if Devs are going to make Motorcycle/Car LMO's a public space should be made to race friends or just have a leisurely drive.  Home does not have spaces large enough to really enjoy these LMO's which is why I dont buy these.  Once they start creating spaces that allow you to drive around (not like in Home Tycoon garbage) I will buy one, until then SORRY

Message 20 of 38 (632 Views)