Feb 16 2013
By: hazu360 Wastelander 504 posts

GZ events

12 replies 266 views Edited Feb 16, 2013

i'm hopeing GZ will make them last longer as i know some can not get points in Edo {i'm the same} and ppl in NA can not get the Vday table 

photo moka_zps43a8e4a6.jpghttp://playstationhome.jp
Message 1 of 13 (266 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
143 posts

Re: GZ events

Feb 16, 2013

I was just about to make a thread about this, actually. I'll post what I would have posted as the first post here instead to not spam.

First and foremost, don't think this is a complaint about the glitches involved with the new core update, because it isn't. Things happen and due to the nature of Home testing really isn't much of an option.

That being said, the new updates on Home have made doing runs in Operation Edo nearly impossible for those of us without godly patience. Home works fine if you load one place and just sort of lurk around there for a few hours, but in Operation Edo I tend to beat it in around 5 or 6 minutes, reloading 2 spaces before I do every run. The core update decides not to let me do this and I get stuck on the loading screens, making this game impossible to grind with.

I was hoping to get 100,000 points by the end of the month so I've been pacing myself, but if this update doesn't get fixed before then I won't be able to do it, simply because I couldn't load the space.

Due to this, I believe Granzella should consider extending the Setsubun event so it gives players a chance who haven't already unlocked all the rewards they want to.

Thanks.

Message 2 of 13 (257 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
152 posts

Feb 16, 2013

hazu360 wrote:

i'm hopeing GZ will make them last longer as i know some can not get points in Edo {i'm the same} and ppl in NA can not get the Vday table 

One week more, I cant wait to finish lol  Smiley Sad

Message 3 of 13 (245 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
3916 posts

Feb 16, 2013
I actually hope they don't extend the ogre event, only because grinding to stay at a certain spot the leaderboard is so tedious. Thank goodness there's only 11 days left.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 4 of 13 (203 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1649 posts

Feb 16, 2013

LightOfValkyrie wrote:
I actually hope they don't extend the ogre event, only because grinding to stay at a certain spot the leaderboard is so tedious. Thank goodness there's only 11 days left.

Yeah, this. Extending the event wouldn't be fair to those that have to constantly grind to stay on it.

Message 5 of 13 (195 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5870 posts

Feb 16, 2013

hazu360 wrote:

It's the Valentine's Day cake reward that people can't get in the NA servers. We can get the Valentine's Day table, but not the cake.  Woman Sad

Message 6 of 13 (176 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
143 posts

Feb 16, 2013

LunarEmerald wrote:

LightOfValkyrie wrote:

Yeah, this. Extending the event wouldn't be fair to those that have to constantly grind to stay on it.

Yet it would be fair to those who can't even grind in the first place?

Sure, I get why it would suck for somebody like Lizette, but right now I'm not even able to play the game. Am I to suffer simply because I didn't assume the core update would break it and plan accordingly?

Message 7 of 13 (135 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
3916 posts

Feb 16, 2013

ipwnzj00 wrote:

LunarEmerald wrote:

LightOfValkyrie wrote:

Sure, I get why it would suck for somebody like Lizette, but right now I'm not even able to play the game. Am I to suffer simply because I didn't assume the core update would break it and plan accordingly?

No one said it was.

It goes both ways. One on hand, you have more work for the people, myself included, that have already been grinding hours on end everyday to try and secure the position they have.

On the other hand, as you stated, some people can't get into the game. Hell, some people have even lost points.

Though, I have a little more sympathy for those affected by the screw ups of 1.75, as no one planned to lose points/get locked from the game and so on.

Message 8 of 13 (128 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
143 posts

Feb 16, 2013

LightOfValkyrie wrote:

ipwnzj00 wrote:

LunarEmerald wrote:

LightOfValkyrie wrote:

No one said it was.

It goes both ways. One on hand, you have more work for the people, myself included, that have already been grinding hours on end everyday to try and secure the position they have.

On the other hand, as you stated, some people can't get into the game. Hell, some people have even lost points.

Though, I have a little more sympathy for those affected by the screw ups of 1.75, as no one planned to lose points/get locked from the game and so on.

Actually, I think the only real solution would be if they were to give out the rank rewards on schedule but extend the event only for the rewards that you unlock up to 100,000 points. Yeah, it's a bit of a half-assed solution in a certain sense, but it seems like the most practical option.

Also, apologies if I came off like an **bleep** in my last post, wasn't my intention but sometimes when I read what I wrote before I realize it's pretty easy to take it that way.

Message 9 of 13 (120 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
3916 posts

Feb 16, 2013

ipwnzj00 wrote:

LightOfValkyrie wrote:

ipwnzj00 wrote:

LunarEmerald wrote:

LightOfValkyrie wrote:

No one said it was.

Actually, I think the only real solution would be if they were to give out the rank rewards on schedule but extend the event only for the rewards that you unlock up to 100,000 points. Yeah, it's a bit of a half-assed solution in a certain sense, but it seems like the most practical option.

Also, apologies if I came off like an **bleep** in my last post, wasn't my intention but sometimes when I read what I wrote before I realize it's pretty easy to take it that way.

I personally don't like rewards being tied to the leaderboard the way GZ did it. If you got the rewards just for making it to the top 100/400/1000/etc, then it wouldn't be so much work. Having to stay there for the entire event, as I stated before, is very tedious. Luckily I'm ranked in the 60s, so I can take it easy with grinding for now.

And no worries, you didn't. I'd be mad too if I couldn't play.

Message 10 of 13 (114 Views)
0 Likes