Lombax Warrior
110 posts

Re: GZ Burger Joint Socially Irresponsible?

Nov 22, 2012
I absolutely love the space, btw Wave. Super cute and fun to decorate. I need more Home friends to come by and visit!
Message 51 of 70 (250 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
380 posts

Nov 22, 2012

Message 52 of 70 (246 Views)
Sackboy
236 posts

Nov 22, 2012

AbysmalDawna wrote:

Another thing that came into my mind when I first thought of this is that when I have shopped at walmart I have seen people that are so obese that they ride around in scooters and cant even walk to get their food. While I know there are people who have become fat due to genetics or gland problem there is now a new species of humans that is increasing everyday.  I have watched what these people buy and there are carts full of sugar carbonated water and lots of other things that have been designed for profit over healthy benefits. You may ask why I care?  Its not that I care about them but self-preservation.  The more of these obese people there are the more our resources and hospitals are affected ultmately raising costs and lowering the quality of life for all and especially me. The obesity epidemic is ultimately worse than smoking, drugs and even global warming.  This epidemic started in the eighties with the advent of home video games. 

I'm sorry but you can't put the blame on video games. I have been gaming for over 30 years and I am not obese actually the opposite.  So to say it started in the 80's because of video games is wrong. If there weren't video games people would still be in front of their TV's watching programs. 

Message 53 of 70 (237 Views)
Fender Bender
2003 posts

Nov 22, 2012

duchessban1 wrote:

AbysmalDawna wrote:

Another thing that came into my mind when I first thought of this is that when I have shopped at walmart I have seen people that are so obese that they ride around in scooters and cant even walk to get their food. While I know there are people who have become fat due to genetics or gland problem there is now a new species of humans that is increasing everyday.  I have watched what these people buy and there are carts full of sugar carbonated water and lots of other things that have been designed for profit over healthy benefits. You may ask why I care?  Its not that I care about them but self-preservation.  The more of these obese people there are the more our resources and hospitals are affected ultmately raising costs and lowering the quality of life for all and especially me. The obesity epidemic is ultimately worse than smoking, drugs and even global warming.  This epidemic started in the eighties with the advent of home video games. 

I'm sorry but you can't put the blame on video games. I have been gaming for over 30 years and I am not obese actually the opposite.  So to say it started in the 80's because of video games is wrong. If there weren't video games people would still be in front of their TV's watching programs. 

There are exceptions to every rule. 

Message 54 of 70 (205 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
1473 posts

Nov 22, 2012

MMMMMM I could go for a tasty burger!

But I don't think anyone will be getting fat or obese from eating a virtual burger do you?

Advertising a burger doesn't force anyone to actually eat a burger. You have the choice of putting it in your mouth after all.........

If we took just five minutes, to recognize each others beauty, instead of attacking each other for our differences .............
Ellen Page
Message 55 of 70 (181 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2003 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 22, 2012

PYAWAKITT wrote:

But I don't think anyone will be getting fat or obese from eating a virtual burger do you?

Advertising a burger doesn't force anyone to actually eat a burger. You have the choice of putting it in your mouth after all.........

Sounds good on paper but the reality is someone who has been subliminally hypnotized has no free will to speak of.  Look at soft drinks people have been programmed to drink them even though they are bad for you.  Same with cigarettes but they cant get away with that as much as they used to.  So to replace the lost income from cigarettes they now use food and also energy drinks. When it comes to food people have no free will because we as animals have no choice but to eat and if you have no choice but to eat or you will die, ultimately there really is no free will and we must eat what we can and hope for the best.  How have video games been a part of this?  What does this have to do with Home?  Im not really that sure but am kind of suspicious about fast food now being introduced in Home for the first time.

Message 56 of 70 (172 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3241 posts

Nov 23, 2012

Anti_Obesity_drive_hoax.pngMcdonalds_obesity_and_capitalism.jpg

Message 57 of 70 (131 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
8001 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 23, 2012

AbysmalDawna wrote:

PYAWAKITT wrote:

Sounds good on paper but the reality is someone who has been subliminally hypnotized has no free will to speak of.  Look at soft drinks people have been programmed to drink them even though they are bad for you.  Same with cigarettes but they cant get away with that as much as they used to.  So to replace the lost income from cigarettes they now use food and also energy drinks. When it comes to food people have no free will because we as animals have no choice but to eat and if you have no choice but to eat or you will die, ultimately there really is no free will and we must eat what we can and hope for the best.  How have video games been a part of this?  What does this have to do with Home?  Im not really that sure but am kind of suspicious about fast food now being introduced in Home for the first time.

Yes, I believe walgreens is open again today.

Message 58 of 70 (113 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4410 posts

Nov 23, 2012
Guess we better watch out for devs introducing guns to Home in case we have another Columbine on our hands. And we better make sure all those skirts are recalled in case Home turns people into Honey Booboo. Hey why stop there why don't we get rid of the Cathedral in case any one feels threatened to convert to Christianity or something! This is serious stuff ya know!

Jersquall: Any new news on Home on PS4 yet?

Tempest_Fire: Due to a shifting landscape, PlayStation Home will cease publishing new content on November 12, 2014.

@conrad_max

Message 59 of 70 (103 Views)
Survivor
1691 posts

Nov 23, 2012

EdwCarnby wrote:
Guess we better watch out for devs introducing guns to Home in case we have another Columbine on our hands. And we better make sure all those skirts are recalled in case Home turns people into Honey Booboo. Hey why stop there why don't we get rid of the Cathedral in case any one feels threatened to convert to Christianity or something! This is serious stuff ya know!

We need Christianity on Home...for the exorcists.

Message 60 of 70 (173 Views)