Fender Bender
2280 posts

Re: GZ Burger Joint Socially Irresponsible?

[ Edited ]
Nov 21, 2012

KarateChampChad wrote:

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:

I think "Hooters" would have been more socially acceptable than a fast food restaurant. Smiley Wink

People keep telling me to go there, I'm not sure why Smiley Frustrated Maybe because they have good....wings...lol

Oh Chad--you don't know what you're missing buddy. lol The....yea....the wings are awesome. 

Just a sidenote--the original Hooters in Clearwater, FL. is not too far from where I live. I know all the waitresses......I mean the menu,  like the back of my hand. Smiley Very Happy

http://www.yourpshome.net/f2/
Message 11 of 70 (261 Views)
0 Likes
Shinra Executive
29271 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 21, 2012

KarateChampChad wrote:

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:

I think "Hooters" would have been more socially acceptable than a fast food restaurant. Smiley Wink

People keep telling me to go there, I'm not sure why Smiley Frustrated Maybe because they have good....wings...lol

Not sure about the wings but there is certainly a lot more on the menu than at a fast food place from what I've been told. And the costumes are much nicer than those offered at the private space at GZ Burger.

hooters

Message 12 of 70 (260 Views)
VP of Gaming
34136 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 21, 2012

KarateChampChad wrote:

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:

Hooters boneless buffalo wings, dude... delicious...

the place really does have good food. and you would be surprised at the number of families ive seen in the restraunt. big **bleep**, omg how horrible! wont someone think of the children!

Message 13 of 70 (257 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
10662 posts

Nov 21, 2012

You people are so tempting. Wtih the Hooters hotel here too in Vegas I might have to make a visit......for the food of course...lol

New PSN ID for PS4: Redd-Axel

Come check out my Twitch TV channel, will be streaming various PS4 games from time to time http://www.twitch.tv/reddaxel
Message 14 of 70 (249 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
1691 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 21, 2012

HOPPER_34 wrote:

Just a sidenote--the original Hooter's in Clearwater, FL. is not too far from where I live. I know all the waitresses......I mean the menu,  like the back of my handSmiley Very Happy

Message 15 of 70 (241 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
681 posts

Nov 21, 2012

Dude some people are fat. People will always be fat. Get over it.

Message 16 of 70 (226 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1023 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 21, 2012

the_original_se wrote:

AbysmalDawna wrote:

With the obesity epidemic getting worse everyday and millions of Americans waddling around walmart like zombies for their oreos and carbonated soft drink fix is this GZ Burger joint socially irresponsible and a step in the wrong direction?  Please share your opinion on this potentially subliminally dangerous activity and the hazards of burger mania that enslaves countless people and is sometimes more devastating than drugs.  Should the consumption of junk food be encouraged and used as a form of entertainment?  Lets not forget what happened when Colecovision produced a game called Burgertime in the 1980's whose effects on American youth still has not been calculated.

brb, need some hamburgers, Oreos, drugs and soda.

also, Japan is far worse when it comes to hamburgers and other "fast food" then the US.

i wont lie though, some of those look tasty. although id probably die from eating half of them.

megatamago1.jpg

pizza-hut-double-roll-pie.jpg

1.jpg

P1140053.jpg

The thing is all these fast food companies are foreign companies. McDonalds (US), BurgerKing (US), PizzaHut (US), Lotteria (Korea).

And in reality it's no where near like the one in the pic. Always smaller with less stuff in them with a high price. 

Reality: 

REality

Message 17 of 70 (212 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
34136 posts

Nov 21, 2012

nagon111 wrote:

the_original_se wrote:

AbysmalDawna wrote:

With the obesity epidemic getting worse everyday and millions of Americans waddling around walmart like zombies for their oreos and carbonated soft drink fix is this GZ Burger joint socially irresponsible and a step in the wrong direction?  Please share your opinion on this potentially subliminally dangerous activity and the hazards of burger mania that enslaves countless people and is sometimes more devastating than drugs.  Should the consumption of junk food be encouraged and used as a form of entertainment?  Lets not forget what happened when Colecovision produced a game called Burgertime in the 1980's whose effects on American youth still has not been calculated.

brb, need some hamburgers, Oreos, drugs and soda.

also, Japan is far worse when it comes to hamburgers and other "fast food" then the US.

i wont lie though, some of those look tasty. although id probably die from eating half of them.

The thing is all these fast food companies are foreign companies. McDonalds (US), BurgerKing (US), PizzaHut (US), Lotteria (Korea).

doesnt matter where the company originated, this stuff is only in Japan and made by the Japanese branch of the company.

Message 18 of 70 (202 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2003 posts

Nov 21, 2012

TSUNADE1224 wrote:

What are you the self proclaimed voice of reason that no one wants to hear??  Why do you even care anyways since you made it very clear you didnt care about the hurricane Sandy victims, but now you care about what virtual food places are sold on Home?  Your presence on these forums is nothing less than an insult.

There is a big difference between caring about victims of a natural disaster that cannot be prevented and an obesity epidemic that is preventable.  BTW I do have feelings thanks for hurting them.  Plus I live on the west coast and Sandy was so far away I found it boring to have to listen to all the hoopla on the news and I started wondering if perhaps because of the presidential election a lot of it was perhaps some kind of sinister diverssion.

Message 19 of 70 (188 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
1691 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 21, 2012

AbysmalDawna wrote:

There is a big difference between caring about victims of a natural disaster that cannot be prevented and an obesity epidemic that is preventable.  BTW I do have feelings thanks for hurting them.  Plus I live on the west coast and Sandy was so far away I found it boring to have to listen to all the hoopla on the news and I started wondering if perhaps because of the presidential election a lot of it was perhaps some kind of sinister diverssion.

That "hoopla" you were hearing was people losing their homes, families separated, power companies and government aid taking forever to get to the people. Many were left with nothing, but the shirts on their backs. Hundreds and thousands are homeless, following Hurricane Sandy. One of which being a friend of mine, and another being a member of my own family.

To read what you wrote is absolutely disgusting.

Edit: inflammatory content removed

Message 20 of 70 (242 Views)