Fender Bender
3332 posts

Re: [GUIDE] Lockwood Gift Machine!

Feb 10, 2013

D-Nitrate wrote:

Digitman3 wrote:

You need to be in a space that has a Lockwood gift machine in it.  Sometimes it takes a while, so wait until you get a notice that you have received a new item.  Smiley Happy  DG

Indeed.  I find it usually takes about 15 minutes, and if you leave a space, that timer appears to get reset (although I don't quite understand why that would be the case)... so stay put. Smiley Happy

Now you can spend your time in your wardrobe menus, furnishings menu, and even shop from the Nav menu, and it wont prevent you from getting the gift item(s), so this can help pass the time if you don't have a friend over to chat with.

If you want to stay in a public space, I believe the only public space with a LKWD Gift machine in it is their Gift Shop space.  They had one in their Showcase space, but for some reason, when they replaced that with the LKWD HQ space, they didn't put a Gift Machine in it.

Also, the Gift Machines you place in your personal spaces can often freeze up when being used.  However, the ones built-in to some of LKWD personal spaces do not, like the Dream Yacht.

Also, you can go to a space with a gift machine for it to appear or just re-load home. At the navigator it should tell you that "You Have Recieved A New Item."

photo tumblr_ltj7u6nyrU1qetp61o1_500_zpse82365c3.gif
http://auroraterra.deviantart.com/
Message 141 of 145 (416 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
252 posts

May 13, 2013
A Homeling friend sent me a gift, and i have been waiting 20 minutes in my space with the machine but i didnt receive it yet... Can it take more time, or should i start to worry that something went wrong?

thanks
Message 142 of 145 (325 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
6638 posts

May 13, 2013

PinkJulia wrote:
A Homeling friend sent me a gift, and i have been waiting 20 minutes in my space with the machine but i didnt receive it yet... Can it take more time, or should i start to worry that something went wrong?

thanks

Don't worry, it can take that long, sometimes longer.

Message 143 of 145 (315 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Jun 13, 2013

I am not sure if this is were I should post my problem.

I have a horrible problem with the lockwood gift machine.

I bought tokens however when I press x on any item to purchase my system freezes, I have to report the isssue, then I have to restore the file system.

Message 144 of 145 (264 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
PlayStation MVP
1862 posts

Jun 17, 2013

Poopy_chicken wrote:

I am not sure if this is were I should post my problem.

I have a horrible problem with the lockwood gift machine.

I bought tokens however when I press x on any item to purchase my system freezes, I have to report the isssue, then I have to restore the file system.

It helps considerably to go to a personal space that has the Lockwood Gift Machine built into it - like the Midnight Glade (it doesn't take as long to load as the Dream Yacht or some others).  I have pretty bad problems trying to purchase things from the portable machines too. 

Message 145 of 145 (238 Views)
0 Likes