Lombax Warrior
199 posts

Re: Lockwood Gift Machine! (FAQ, will keep updated)

Sep 21, 2011

were they part of the free tokens or were they left over from tokens you bought?

Message 90 of 145 (99 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Sep 21, 2011

I checked out the Silicon Lounge and didn't want to download it.  The Lockwood store did have tokens and token bundles for sale which made my personal gift machine work again.  Thank you!

Message 91 of 145 (99 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
199 posts

Sep 23, 2011

Anyone have tokens and want something for themselves from the gift machine? I want the alien, lion or dragon. But i don't want to buy tokens on another account to gift it myself, i have over 300 tokens, and would like to trade gift for a gift.

Message 92 of 145 (99 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1049 posts

Sep 23, 2011

They were apart of the free tokens. I actually had 128 tokens by getting both the red & blue version of the gift machine(both came with 64 tokens a piece). Now I have 0 tokens & I didn't spend any of them.

Message 93 of 145 (99 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
5754 posts

Sep 23, 2011

Eek! Looks like I have a lot of updating to do!

I made this thread when the forums just switched over and I didn't know that posts couldn't be edited at the time. This thread kinda died for a while before editing became available, but now that the thread is back, I will. Mega-update on the way!

Message 94 of 145 (99 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
199 posts

Sep 23, 2011

Really, wow, i only had 64 between the two of them, i didn't have 64 for each, and now they come with 61. Guess they figured out people were exploiting that.

Message 95 of 145 (99 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1049 posts

Sep 23, 2011

I guess that's why they took away the free tokens from people... :/ I expect they will simply say something along the lines of "Oops, did we reset your tokens? Buy more tokens." if anything.

Message 96 of 145 (99 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
7 posts

Sep 23, 2011

They come with 61 now? I have both machines, but only had 64 tokens. But when I gifted some of the free gifts to a friend, after that I only had 61 tokens.

Message 97 of 145 (99 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Lombax Warrior
199 posts

Sep 23, 2011

Wish they just sold the tokens or midway tickets for a cent a piece, instead of that oddball 16 unit base they have, I would totally buy more tokens with the odd number left over in my wallet. Either use a decimal point based on 10s or 5s or offer us items at a cent a piece. I hate having odd change in my wallet left over I can't do anything with. 

Message 98 of 145 (99 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
5754 posts

Re: [GUIDE] Lockwood Gift Machine!

Sep 24, 2011

Updated the 1st post a bit, will have to look up pics and prices of each item later.

StephieRawks wrote:

From the original PS Blog Announcement:

In the Holiday spirit of gift-giving, Lockwood Publishing releases a revolutionary item this week. The Lockwood Gift Machine is the answer to every user’s shopping woes: Simply visit the Sodium store in the PlayStation Home Mall this Thursday to pick up the Gift Machine for FREE (it even comes with 64 free Lockwood tokens – additional tokens are available for purchase) and then choose up to six people from your friends list, select an item from a preloaded range of Lockwood gifts, and the Gift Machine will gift wrap the item(s) and send it directly to the intended recipient(s)!

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2010/12/22/xi-returns-to-playstation-home-special-holiday-items/

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5087/5282866543_1cc54b6f23_z.jpg

The Gift Machine:

• The Gift Machine is free, and can be found in the Sodium/Lockwood store, or will automatically be rewarded upon entering the Sodium Hub.
  • The original Gift Machine had blue lights, as pictured above, but the updated Gift Machine has red lights.
  • The Gift Machine is an *active* furniture item for our personal spaces.
  • If you are having trouble using the Gift Machine in your apartment, try using the built-in Gift Machine in the Silicon Lounge personal space. This is a known issue and the Lockwood team is working on a fix.

Tokens and Items:

• The Gift Machine comes loaded with 64 free tokens; additional token packs are available to purchase.
  • Purchasing tokens works better if you exit the Gift Machine first and purchase them from the Sodium/Lockwood store in your Navigator. This is another known issue.
  • So far, items in the Gift Machine are exclusive to the Gift Machine and are not available in the Sodium/Lockwood store.
  • Gifts currently range in price from 16-256 tokens.

The Gifting and Recieving Process:

• Gifts can only be sent to people on your friends list, and are not available in Japan, until further notice.
  • You can send a gift to up to 6 friends at once to save time, but be aware that it will charge you for each gift you send each friend.
  • If you try to send a friend a gift they already have, that option will be disabled so that you can choose a new gift for them.
  • You can create a wish list to let your friends know which gifts you would like best, and you can also view your friend's wish lists.
  • When a gift is sent, the Gift Machine will create a PM notifying the recipient that something was sent. This will not say which item was sent, but the giver can personalize and add onto the message.
  • If you recieve a gift, you must go to a space that has the Gift Machine set out to claim it, or place a Gift Machine in your own personal space.

Token Packs:

• 80 tokens for $0.99
  • 480 tokens for $4.99 ($0.95 savings)
  • 1180 tokens for $10.99 ($3.61 savings)
  • 2780 tokens for $23.99 ($10.41 savings)
  • 6240 tokens for $49.99 ($29.00 savings)

Cost of Items: (Cost is converted using the cheapest amount of tokens required to purchase an individual gift, and in most cases, will leave you with some left over tokens. If you purchase the larger token packs, your cost per item will be lower.)

• 16-token item costs about $0.20 with purchase of a $0.99 pack
  • 32-token item costs about $0.40 with purchase of a $0.99 pack
  • 64-token item costs about $0.79 with purchase of a $0.99 pack
  • 128-token item costs about $1.58 with purchase of 2 $0.99 packs
  • 256-token item costs about $3.17 with purchase of 4 $0.99 packs

What if I want one of the Gift Machine gifts for myself?

• You can use an alternate account and send it to yourself.
  • You can ask a friend to send it to you.
  • Please use caution when agreeing to "trade" gifts with strangers. There is always the possibility that they will not uphold their end of the deal.

Message 100 of 145 (99 Views)
0 Likes